Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

I was looking at the skill section of the database and realised you can choose to Scope None. Does anyone know what that could be used to do, does it have a useful purpose in some way?

I'm guessing if you add a common event and target nothing it can be useful in that sense and way, is there any other examples?

Thanks!

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By default, not really. But with plugins and notetags there are a lot more battle effects you can do which don't affect any particular battler.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By using the skill to call a common event whitout requiring a target either friend or foe, maybe you want a skill that summons a vehicle, opens up a crafting menu or opens a world map (for teleporting maybe?)
:kaoswt2:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"none" means that the player can't use the skill without a scripted override as it will never be able to be visible for the player.
By default that is used for several enemy skills because the enemy attack patterns can still use all skills independently of skill type.
It is also used for attack and guard because those skills have scripted overrides in the buttons of the battlesystem, and this prevents them from appearing again in the normal skill lists.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"none" means that the player can't use the skill without a scripted override as it will never be able to be visible for the player.
By default that is used for several enemy skills because the enemy attack patterns can still use all skills independently of skill type.
It is also used for attack and guard because those skills have scripted overrides in the buttons of the battlesystem, and this prevents them from appearing again in the normal skill lists.
He mentioned scope, so I think he means that instead of skill categorization.

Hey everyone,

I was looking at the skill section of the database and realised you can choose to Scope None. Does anyone know what that could be used to do, does it have a useful purpose in some way?

I'm guessing if you add a common event and target nothing it can be useful in that sense and way, is there any other examples?

Thanks!
It's mostly for common event triggering skills that have nothing to do with target selection. One way I use it is for my party teleport spell (exit dungeons, teleport to previously-visited towns, etc)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In last 5 years, I have bought 4 MSI computer components and had issues with all 4 of them. With two of them these issues were so huge the board was quite unusable. I think it's safe to day it's my last MSI product purchase.
Thanks Thesaurus.com for letting me know another word for 'noted' is 'noted'.
The capital city of Lindenburg everyone. "Capital"

Map043.png
been trying to up my action sequence game and I'm not entirely sure what to do, even with tutorials out there. but I think I'm heading in the right direction with some attacks.
I've started brainstorming an entry for IGMC 2022. One hour of game length and first ten minutes to grab the reviewer's interest. Here we go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoysDontCry