does selling a game with pop tileset get my game copyrighted

Rushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVX
i bought the horror pop pack from itch.io a year ago and idk if i make a game out of it will i be copyrighted?

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess only if you do not use RPG Maker Engine.

Edit:
Or are you asking about the Copyright of your Game? As far as i know it you as
Creator of that Game got the Copy Rights to that Game. And you got the License to use Pop DLC in your RPG Maker Project, so yes i guess.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
copyrighted to whom?
your game will always be copyrighted to yourself, while the graphics will be used under the licence you purchased when purchasing those sets.

I strongly suggest you go to the commercial discussion section of this board and read the discussions about copyright there, because based on the wording of your question you don't fully understand what copyright is.

Rushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVX
copyrighted to whom?
your game will always be copyrighted to yourself, while the graphics will be used under the licence you purchased when purchasing those sets.

I strongly suggest you go to the commercial discussion section of this board and read the discussions about copyright there, because based on the wording of your question you don't fully understand what copyright is.
i mean like when i make a game using Pop tilesets and i make it for commercial use for example i wanna sell the game for 2$ but im using the pop tileset will i get copyrighted even if i bought the pack a year ago

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No. As long as you've bought it legally, followed the term of its use, you're good to go.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but im using the pop tileset will i get copyrighted even if i bought the pack a year ago
that sentence alone shows that you don't know what a copyright is.
as I said above:
1) Your game will always be copyrighted to yourself,unless you go into a contract to specifically sell the rights to your game.
2) the art pack will always be copyrighted to the artists - BUT you purchased a licence to use that copyright as long as you follow the terms of use of that licence.
WHAT that licence is we cannot tell you - you have to READ that licence to know what you can do with your purchase.

If we go by the licences from this website's shop alone, there are half a dozen different licences available, as indicated by the symbols on each shopsite.
some purchases are for non-commercial only (which means you can make a game but cannot sell that game, it has to be given away free) but most purchases from this shop allow for commercial use (that is selling your game) without royalties (that means you don't have to give away any part of those sales.

Most purchases here are limited "maker only" whichmeans they can only be used inside one of Degica's Maker programs - but some of them are "any prrogram" which means they could be used in Unity or other makers.

And there are other restrictions possible.
So you need to read that licence that you purchased a year ago to determine what you can do with those resources - because sometimes even the same product might be sold with different licences.
For example years ago Degica had a section of "non-maker-licences" where the same products that are now sold as "maker-only" where available for other programs for a higher price.
And the same could be with your purchases elsewhere - ONLY the licence text that is included with your purchase can tell you what you are allowed to do with those resources.
So you have to read that textfile.

If you have problems understanding it, THEN you can come back here, post the sentences you don't understand and we can try to explain them to you.
But no one here will give you an answer without even knowing which licence you purchased.

Rushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVX
that sentence alone shows that you don't know what a copyright is.
as I said above:
1) Your game will always be copyrighted to yourself,unless you go into a contract to specifically sell the rights to your game.
2) the art pack will always be copyrighted to the artists - BUT you purchased a licence to use that copyright as long as you follow the terms of use of that licence.
WHAT that licence is we cannot tell you - you have to READ that licence to know what you can do with your purchase.

If we go by the licences from this website's shop alone, there are half a dozen different licences available, as indicated by the symbols on each shopsite.
some purchases are for non-commercial only (which means you can make a game but cannot sell that game, it has to be given away free) but most purchases from this shop allow for commercial use (that is selling your game) without royalties (that means you don't have to give away any part of those sales.

Most purchases here are limited "maker only" whichmeans they can only be used inside one of Degica's Maker programs - but some of them are "any prrogram" which means they could be used in Unity or other makers.

And there are other restrictions possible.
So you need to read that licence that you purchased a year ago to determine what you can do with those resources - because sometimes even the same product might be sold with different licences.
For example years ago Degica had a section of "non-maker-licences" where the same products that are now sold as "maker-only" where available for other programs for a higher price.
And the same could be with your purchases elsewhere - ONLY the licence text that is included with your purchase can tell you what you are allowed to do with those resources.
So you have to read that textfile.

If you have problems understanding it, THEN you can come back here, post the sentences you don't understand and we can try to explain them to you.
But no one here will give you an answer without even knowing which licence you purchased.
thank you very much you have explain everything that i need to know i very much appreciated it :)

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rushi I bought everything from the POP series also on itch.io and there is no time-limited and with no restriction on the engine (the advantage is that you have the MV, VX / ACE version and the original basic 16x16 version available in the package). Otherwise, the conditions for use are practically the same. As the creator of the game you have copy rights, you can use POP material as you wish (edit, etc ...) under license from Vexen Enigma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Degica has discounts on Humble for games and older Makers. I don't know which A-train to choose. :-D
Hey, uh...refresh my memory. What do i do if I want a thread I made deleted?
I made a cool pixel render of my protagonist!
I think it looks neat.
RCXDan wrote on Leporine's profile.
Your avatar is adorable. Where is it from? :LZSproud:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie_Morrison