TheCastle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am wondering about this because as it is right now all of the in game text is honeycombed in various events through a large list of locations. There does not seem to be a standard for being able to easily find all of the text in the game to allow for it to be easily translated to other languages.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
You need to come up with a script or a program that does it.

regendo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The text displayed in your game basically is from three sources:

First, the text you enter through the "Show Text" or "Show Choices" event commands.

Second, the text you specify in your database (e.g. enemy names).

And finally, the text specified in your scripts, especially in the "Vocab" module.

It shouldn't be too hard to locate all of that text and translate it. Unless, of course, you want your game to be multi-langual, in which case you'll need a script for that.

TheCastle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I feel as though at this time it would be getting a bit ahead of myself to worry about this but I have yet to ever work on a comercial project where it did not either come up early or bite me in the butt down the line. If its easy to parse for those specific cases then I imagine it might not really be an issue. I was just worried that I was possibly doing things incorrectly by missing existing functionality.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, you'd have to write scripts to manage all of that yourself. I wrote a script a while ago which allows you to store any arbitrary text you want in an external file (so you could change your game's language by just swapping out to a different language file), but it still requires you to have enough scripting knowledge to write your own code on top of that to manage where each piece of text comes up in your game.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol
Voting for the first round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup!

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainingLamppost