Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a Change Tile Size plugin that will let you set it to whatever size you want.

If you want to make the maps in the MV editor though, you will need two copies of the tilesets - one at the original 16x16 size, and one scaled up to 48x48. It won't look great, but it's only for your own use while mapping. The player will only see the original tiles.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
through the use of one of the scripts that included in the bundle I assume yes

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
However, it might be better to simply simulate 16x16 by increasing the resource size. a 32x32 pixel element that uses a 2x2 pixel block for every single pixel of the 16x16 resource will look the same to the player. With real 16x16 you'll get problems with zooming on high-resolution monitors.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
if the assets are 16x16 then you'll ned a script. If not then do what the guy above me states

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is a Change Tile Size plugin that will let you set it to whatever size you want.

If you want to make the maps in the MV editor though, you will need two copies of the tilesets - one at the original 16x16 size, and one scaled up to 48x48. It won't look great, but it's only for your own use while mapping. The player will only see the original tiles.
Oh so that's how the tile size changer works, I was wondering how it functioned, aince It's not part of the editor.

GambleMountain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
However, it might be better to simply simulate 16x16 by increasing the resource size. a 32x32 pixel element that uses a 2x2 pixel block for every single pixel of the 16x16 resource will look the same to the player. With real 16x16 you'll get problems with zooming on high-resolution monitors.
That makes sense. Thanks! 

kaine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
As regards the charset?

if you use a lower measure, there are problems with collisions?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Collisions are based on coordinates on the map and have nothing to do with sprite size. Never have.

shiningHatsya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
How do I do this, in simpler words? Upscale all of 16x16 or 32x32 sprites & tiles to 48x48? 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cinar