Does Window function work in MV (base JavaScript)

Discussion in 'Learning Javascript' started by Milena, Dec 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Milena

Milena The woman of many questions Veteran

First Language:
    Irish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I found a really good site where there are sample animations that you can do with drawing canvases and all the other things about javascript functions. I jumped to it and looked at the examples, but I was wondering if Window, which is originally on js actually works well in MV? like onload, oncancelframe, etc.

Example:

if (!window.cancelAnimationFrame) { window.cancelAnimationFrame = (window.cancelRequestAnimationFrame || window.webkitCancelAnimationFrame || window.webkitCancelRequestAnimationFrame || window.mozCancelAnimationFrame || window.mozCancelRequestAnimationFrame || window.msCancelAnimationFrame || window.msCancelRequestAnimationFrame || window.oCancelAnimationFrame || window.oCancelRequestAnimationFrame || window.clearTimeout);}If I want to make a game enclosed only in an exe file, would it be that helpful / would it work if the animation is written this way?

2. Iavra

Iavra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    The window object still exists, but you shouldn't directly call anything that has to do with the animation frame, since that's what the SceneManager does in the background.

3. DarknessFalls

DarknessFalls Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I set things to the window object only when you need public API, so doing: 

window.x = y;then later on:

x.functionName(arg);Again this is for public user facing API.