Not open for further replies.

Solaire

grossly incandescent
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I just took a year long break from VX and decided to come back with VX ace

I just finished converting all of the maps from my old project but then I got to the database.

The database has changed quite a bit

Anyways...My main problem is now no damage is done in battles. I'm not sure what's causing this but I did some googling and found that most people delete the attack skill, mine is still there.

and still the actors can't deal damage neither can the enemies.

The JJ

Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just remove the 1 + from the formulae to make it

Code:
a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2
Should solve the problem :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just remove the 1 + from the formulae to make it

Code:
a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2
Should solve the problem :)
Can you explain why it would solve the problem so OP would understand how the formula works for the future?

The JJ

Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you explain why it would solve the problem so OP would understand how the formula works for the future?
Oh right, sorry :p . Basically the 1 represents the base value. Basically how much damage you want your skill to cause. In this case you put 1 which means that the skill 'Attack' will only cause 0-1 damage. I think what I'm saying is right, correct me if I'm wrong :p

Solaire

grossly incandescent
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright well I'm not sure if they're doing damage now because everyone is missing. So i've got more things to work out.

also I added the plus one because in VX im pretty sure you needed at least 1 base damage to do any damage, or i'm mistaken it has been a year

EDIT: Alright found both the problems. Actors now cause damage and I didn't have a default hit-rate for any classes or enemies. TOO MANY OPTIONS

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh right, sorry :p . Basically the 1 represents the base value. Basically how much damage you want your skill to cause. In this case you put 1 which means that the skill 'Attack' will only cause 0-1 damage. I think what I'm saying is right, correct me if I'm wrong :p
No, ace damage formulas do not use the kind of system where you have (base) + (variation) like 2d4 kind of thing.

It is a straight formula that is evaluated.

The following formulas are all equal by commutativity (A + B = B + A)

Code:
2 + a.atk*4 - b.def*2
2 + a.atk*4 + 2 - b.def*2
a.atk*4 - b.def*2 + 2
-b.def*2 + a.atk*4  + 2

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since this is solved ... no need for extra discussion.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Homie, this so amazing! Old but Gold :)
I cannot get the Benny Hill Theme out of my head
A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloojacie