Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to give us more details before we can even start to help you.

Do you have problems writing the textfiles for it?
Do you have problems using its textcodes or functions?
And what exactly do you want to use it for? because there have been cases where people completely misunderstood what it was written for...

The007who

Call me double 0s
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just don't understand how to use it.
I've read the guide on the official forums, but I jusy don't get it how to use it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and what do you want to use it for? Because if you don't know how to use it, then there is a good chance that you don't understand its purpose.

The007who

Call me double 0s
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, i would like to use it for show text. Since I would like my project to have multiple languages I thought this might be easiest and fastest way to do it.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, it is - if you have not yet started your project. If your game is almost complete however, it will be one big mess to convert.

This script works by having textcodes with keys in all show text, show scrolling text and most database entries. When the game is running, those keys get replaced with their true texts, and those texts are loaded from the text files - they are NOT in the project/Ace editor itself.

So basically, if you have already started with your project, you need to rework every single show text you already placed.

And then the principle is as followed:
You decide on the key (textstring) to identify any single text in your game. it can be a name, a number, a combination or whatever as a placeholder for the text that is supposed to be there.
Then, in each language file you have, you place that key once, with the true text in that language.
Every single text you use in your project needs a different keystring, because that will be used to identify which text from the external text files to place there. And you must not place any real text in any part of the editor (besides something that is identical in all language like cries.

So how far into your project development are you? can you still replace every single text in the game?

The007who

Call me double 0s
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I have a different text file for every language?
Sorry, can you make an example?
My game is FAR from completion. It's probably 1/6 completed.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there should be examples in the topic for the external text, either direct or attached.
Sorry, I don't have the time for making one at the moment, if you don't find one then ask in the topic of that script.

The007who

Call me double 0s
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have read the full topic and understand now.
Thank you very much for helping me anyhow :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[closed]IgnoreMe[/closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:
Made idle animation for character. It first had only three frames but looked too different from walking animation and I had to draw five more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgteck