Doom & Destiny ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LueLusten, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LueLusten

LueLusten Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey not sure where to post this so sorry if its in the wrong place.

I know for a fact this is using the RTP resources in its game but is this still on the RPG Makers Engine or is it a different engine?

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hb.doom_and_destiny&hl=en

Xbox 360 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Doom-Destiny/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025855093e

Steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406563217

is this one of the games that Enterbrain let convert there engine and why did Enterbrain let anyone do this but then not everyone 

else?

End of the day this to me would be epic yes having to tweak it work better on windows is one thing but the screen sizes for Xbox and Android are fine and I like how this game places so far on the Android.

I really would like to see Enterbrain enable us soon to be able to do this :) then I would be a happy bunny as right now I messing with ideas for windows but these ideas are limited as most of the people that I want to play my game ideas are on android or Xbox and I love to push to these platforms.

2. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This isn't rtp - the graphics are more pixellated, as if hand-drawn. Which resources specifically are you saying are rtp?

Edit: ok that's weird - the Steam version looks nothing like the Android one which is RTP.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  3. AceOfAces_Mod

AceOfAces_Mod Engineering to infinity! Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Custom engine? Unity? IG Maker?

4. Warpmind

Warpmind Twisted Genius Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Well, the Steam version is not the same game - it's described as a "prequel, sequel and reboot".

5. LueLusten

First Language:
    English
    Even if they look hand drawn they are based off the RTP so still under copyright.

Looks like there I posted the wrong name also there is Doom and Destiny and Doom and Destiny Advanced, its DDA is the one I am been looking at.

This is what we are here to fine out :p

Yes there is two versions of this game what is confusing the hell out of me now lol 

Playing throw the android version it is deff using the Enterbrain's resources it says it in there credits.

6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There was one game that got special permission to port to android, and there is an (unofficial) port process in the works that is being tested on another game (see the announcement for Undefeated). So maybe this is the game that got special permission? Or maybe it is emulating a PC on the android?

7. LueLusten

First Language:
    English
    I love to know how its doing it if its emulation as I know my story I am working on people want to play throw it on android I wont be looking at iOS as I am an android dev fully paid up apple can go F lol

Also that game looks like its already on Google Play and and we want a official means or the permission to port to android if its unofficial mostly not legal under the EULA. Underfeated

8. AceOfAces_Mod

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A RISC processor emulating CISC functions? Impossible! Unless it's for x86 Android phones and tablets(who has one of these?), a Qualcom SoC won't be able to emulate an Intel Pentium due to architecture diffrences. Unless they used VirtualBox or Wine, added a script to allow hardware acceleration both on the emulator and the game and for touchscreen input.

9. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Never say impossible, I'm seen emulators for everything under the sun. Give someone enough time they will find a way.

10. LueLusten

First Language:
    English
    You lost me, your post reads like your talking to yourself as we clearly said we are unsure how they have created it

Tho I have had a wee look at there APK for the android, bad me, not done anything part from unzipped it and there tiles are called TileA1 ... A2, and so on

Emulation is not impossible your right but i most cases pointless as the paths you have to create to emulate use up to 3 times more resources then the none emulated hardware lol

11. CrazyCrab

CrazyCrab Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Heh, looks like the Android version also made a sweet 25.000 euros or so, 4800 reviews, 5 euros each...

RPG Maker games on Andriod are a goldmine, just perfect for that kind of device - nostalgic (as they remind you of Gameboy games) and just perfect for killing time on the bus etc. I guess that they also don't overheat your phone, like those crazy 3d games I tried to run on my galaxy s2 ^^'

If anyone released the emulator I'm sure that Enterbrain would attract a lot more game designers to its product. Heck, make it an Enterbrain DLC and make it cost like 50 euros. I'd buy it. Here's a way to make a company feel alive again. ;)

LueLusten likes this.
  12. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yep, undefeated is, the way I understand it, the project Enterbrain is using to test porting to android. Once the bugs are worked out, supposedly, it will become a public option, but right now there are too many issues to make it public (at the moment).

At least that's what I understand of the issue from what I've read on it. Maybe one of the mods could clarify more?

But how much of that did the store take? 30%? 50%? If the store took 50% they only made 12,500. Not quite as great when you look at it that way.

13. AceOfAces_Mod

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    RISC = Reduced Instruction Set Computing (ARM Cortex, Nvidia Tegra, etc)These processors have much smaller instrcution sets for simplicity and speed(theoratically).

CISC = Complex Instruction Set Computing (Intel Pentium, AMD Athlon, etc)These processors are a lot easier to program software since you need a lot less instructions to write (in a CISC processor, you may need one line of code to do something, while on a RISC processor it would need 2 or more to do the same thing) but theoratically it slower compared to the previous processor type.

I am aware that emulation is possible, but it needs heavy understanding of the hardware.

I have a degree in Electronics from the high school.

14. LueLusten

First Language:
    English
    I have seen nothing from Enterbrain saying they are going to do this I seen no post since 2012 about them working on it from staff on the forum can you link me where it says it also we the user should be able to try it and work on the books that game as been on the market for a while now so it works just fine and DD seem to have a epic way of doing it love to know what they use.

Are you reading or guessing what we are saying here? I never asked you to explain what them terms mean stay on topic please !

15. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Good theory, but can you see all the flood of questions on "Why doesn't this work? This product stinks! Etc." Undefeated took a lot of work from what I've heard to make it work as it is, so it is far from ready for the average person to use.

16. Nathanial

Nathanial Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    D&D got special permission a long time ago to use RTP graphics.

17. LueLusten

First Language:
    English
    How do we go about getting speical permission as I don't see it really a fair use if one game dev get's it but another does not, I but web staff do you know anything about the so called android converter that as been in talks for over 2 years now?

If people want it all out of the box then there not game creators, I don't mind work and tweaking and things like this we all do it to the stock versions with scripts anyway, but end of the day I did not pay it to mess with it I paid for it as I have a idea to create a story it in what I do want on more then one platform and been stick to having to find special permissions or using none rtp resources from day one makes ideas much slowler.

I don't mind using another tool to create on another platform but I would want to be able to use the resources between them all.

DD is a epic game so far I think the D&D funnies in it are epic I am a old skool DnD player and it made me chuckle so far :)

18. Nathanial

Nathanial Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You don't contact us, we contact you. 

19. AceOfAces_Mod

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sorry. Didn't want to get off-topic.  Got carried away too much.

EDIT: I was aware what you were talking about. Just when I read about an emulator, I went into rant mode. Sorry again.

Hm? Anybody can receive this special permission?

Oh. Got the answer already.

LueLusten likes this.
  20. CrazyCrab

CrazyCrab Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Oh, I assure you that it's much, much more ^^ If you think about it, how many people leave reviews behind for games in the store? I know I don't, like 90% of the time. And to me 12.500 would be really, really great tbh o_O Would take a looot of work to make that much when you have no work experience and just a bunch of useless diplomas to show.

Anyway, OT.

Huh, that's cool. I wonder how much that wound cost nowadays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.