Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
For some reason, the door doesn't open properly. Here is the event.
1600958715697.png
The door stops opening at the "Turn Right" command. It doesn't "Turn Up".

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is the event.
no, this is not the event - it is a tiny part of the event, and the important parts are missing like all event properties and the page numbering and more.
Please give a screenshot of the entire event window - I can think of several possibilities where a wrong setting can cause problems, and we need to see the entire event to check for that.

the best way is usually to use alt-prtscrn for the screenshot, that gives exactly the event window we need to see.

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
no, this is not the event - it is a tiny part of the event, and the important parts are missing like all event properties and the page numbering and more.
Please give a screenshot of the entire event window - I can think of several possibilities where a wrong setting can cause problems, and we need to see the entire event to check for that.

the best way is usually to use alt-prtscrn for the screenshot, that gives exactly the event window we need to see.
That is the whole event. It's just the quick event door... Same as it's been in every maker ever. 1600960965429.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, none of the possible errors (like setting the trigger to parallel or activating direction fix or a few others) has happened here. So now on to a few more uncommon causes.

1) Is that a regular door sprite or a custom one? Some custom ones might be of the wrong structure
2) what exactly happens on triggering? does the engine freeze or can the player walk away from the door after that? If the game freezes the problem is likely elsewhere and only accidentally detected on this event.
3) Is the transfer destination on the same or a different map? What happens if you make another quick event next to this door that goes elsewhere?

If none of the questions above points to the cause, then most likely something in the engine has been broken by a script or a script-edit, and looking for that is much more difficult.

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
It is a custom/edited sprite for the door, but it seems to be correctly formatted, eh?
Also the event works just fine and does what it's evented to do.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then it looks like something has broken the engine, either in the area of the move routes or in the timing of the main game loop.

If you change the transfer command to stay on the same map and only go two or three steps to the right (NOT to a position that can trigger the door), does the door stay on the halfway position or does it show the full opening later? If it shows the full opening too late then the timing is off, if it never gets to that position then the move route section itself is broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D
Leokids wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
Hi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shierk