Screech1989

King Pin!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey guys so i took the idea to make my sprites taller and more realistic instead of the chibi look, as you will see in the image below my characters are now taller, which i feel is a good thing, but i am having issues with setting up doors, they can still walk through them at the moment but my problem is the door is too small for the character and it looks a bit stupid, i have been back and forth with Photoshop to try and adjust the door sizes to suit the character sprites and to no luck :(  i want the doors to be 1 and half squares tall, its already there for things like the crystal switches in the game etc so i thought using the same size canvass and making my doors the same size would solve it...but no. my doors always seem to have a gap at the bottom, would anyone know how to solve this :(  iv been working on these doors for 2 days now and still have no luck :(  

erbWsKh.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NPC sprites have that gap to make them appear walking inside the grid instead of on its frames. Object sprites (that shouldn't have the gab) are identified by a ! in the filename.

Just check the existing door- or obstacle sprites, they all start with a ! in the name...

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Game mechanics has nothing to do with specific support questions

Last edited by a moderator:

Screech1989

King Pin!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Am i being dull here then, so if i name the file !$Doors the gap will vanish?

Screech1989

King Pin!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
NPC sprites have that gap to make them appear walking inside the grid instead of on its frames. Object sprites (that shouldn't have the gab) are identified by a ! in the filename.

Just check the existing door- or obstacle sprites, they all start with a ! in the name...

How crazy what a simple fix, no wonder i spent days doing it all because i didnt add ! grr, much appreciated thanks for your time. :D  its working flawless now :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE LONG WALKS IN THE IN THE SHADOWS AND THE SMELL OF DECAY. SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL. REMEMBER TO TREAT HIM GOOD ON THE FIRST DATE!
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuddhaXD