Door Sizes trouble :(

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Screech1989, Feb 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Screech1989

Screech1989 King Pin! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys so i took the idea to make my sprites taller and more realistic instead of the chibi look, as you will see in the image below my characters are now taller, which i feel is a good thing, but i am having issues with setting up doors, they can still walk through them at the moment but my problem is the door is too small for the character and it looks a bit stupid, i have been back and forth with Photoshop to try and adjust the door sizes to suit the character sprites and to no luck :(  i want the doors to be 1 and half squares tall, its already there for things like the crystal switches in the game etc so i thought using the same size canvass and making my doors the same size would solve it...but no. my doors always seem to have a gap at the bottom, would anyone know how to solve this :(  iv been working on these doors for 2 days now and still have no luck :(  

[​IMG]

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    NPC sprites have that gap to make them appear walking inside the grid instead of on its frames. Object sprites (that shouldn't have the gab) are identified by a ! in the filename.

Just check the existing door- or obstacle sprites, they all start with a ! in the name...

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Game mechanics has nothing to do with specific support questions

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
    Wavelength likes this.
  3. Screech1989

First Language:
    English
    Am i being dull here then, so if i name the file !$Doors the gap will vanish?

4. Screech1989

First Language:
    English
    How crazy what a simple fix, no wonder i spent days doing it all because i didnt add ! grr, much appreciated thanks for your time. :D  its working flawless now :D

GrandmaDeb likes this.