RMMV Double Destined

Discussion in 'Game Ideas and Prototypes' started by Harrumi, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Harrumi

Harrumi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Double Destined

DoubleDestined.png

SECTION A: GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
    • In the Works.

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
    • Westly - Not much is known about this young man, a lot of mystery surrounds him.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
    • Our Story starts off with a young man who goes by the name of Westly, not much is known about this adventurer other then the fact he is stranded on an island, badly injured. He has no prior knowledge of who he is, or where he comes from. As time passes by; Westly starts to recover from his injuries. Now in the present, Westly wants to find out more about himself, and return to the people who love him.

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
    • The world is very lush and Green, but filled with a verity of Mother Natures natural wonders, filled with beauful trees and mountains, to Icy lands, as well as many other mysterious lands to discover.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    Image20.png
    Image22.png
    Image24.png

DOWNLOAD LINK
    Not yet sorry. :[

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    At the moment it is difficult to give feedback as there's not much detail. However, a couple of things struck me.

The "hero wakes up with no memories of who is he" is a very well-known beginning. It's going to be hard to make that seem fresh. Is it absolutely crucial that he has no memories? Would it do if he simply has no idea of where he is, how he got there (maybe) and (most importantly of all) why he ended up here? That 'why' does not automatically require no memory. It can be for a variety of reasons. For example, he knows he fell asleep normally, but when he woke, he was bound, gagged, with his head in a sack, being bumped along in what was probably a cart. Why did that happen to him? He has no idea.

Secondly, your maps. Structurally they are nice, but not always consistent. On your first map, I simply do not believe that someone who has apparently made a home there will not have done something about the mushrooms and plants growing up the wall. If he's gone to the trouble of getting himself a pot plant he would have sorted his surroundings out a bit. On your third map, the entrance to the tunnel through seems rather flat. I think that's probably because you have used a smooth, consistent density for the shade, whereas it would get a lot darker as you went in. Grass wouldn't grow in there so easily, so it would be much thinner/more ground showing through. I think you have far too big a variety of trees, and some of them have been placed poorly. For example, bottom right, you have a decent sized pine tree growing right up next to the roots of another tree which would have prevented it growing there in the first place. Right in the centre of the map you have a group of 3 trees. The right hand one is so close to the large central tree, that you have taken away the illusion that there are branches and growth all round that right one. Things like this make the map look a bit flat overall, even though there's so much going on in it.

3. Harrumi

Harrumi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First off, I greatly appreciate the feedback!

I didn't want to give too much away for my character as once you get into the game you find our a bit more of what's going on right off, and it's kind of one of the opening conditions to move on, the story is structured around it, but I think it's going to be rather interesting. :)

As for the burrow, I can see completely where you're coming from in regards to the potted plant, I think that I need to make it clear into the story that the burrow was already developed before our hero happens to find it.

As for the trees, I live in Canada, and I actually see a lot of this sort of set up here, Canada has a beautiful diversity of trees... and that's what kinda inspired me.

Again, thank you so much! I'll take what you mentioned into consideration and build onto it!