Double Door Graphics Don't Match Grid, Sits In Wrong Place

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by mobiusclimber, Feb 23, 2019.

1. mobiusclimber

mobiusclimber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So yeah, anyone know how to fix this issue? I have a wall in a dungeon and I want to put a double door event that will open and close. The problem is, if I make an opening, the door doesn't line up, regardless of which square I put it in. It's always off to one side or the other too much.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not aware of any doors with this issue. It would help if you show us a screenshot and maybe post (or identify) which door graphic you're trying to use, and how you're making the opening.

Sprites that are wider than one tile will be centred horizontally on the tile the event is on. So if the sprite is 96 pixels wide, it will cover half the tile to the left, and half the tile to the right. If it's 144 pixels wide, it'll cover the full tile to the left as well as the right, but only interacting with it from the middle tile will activate it.

If your door sprite is 96 pixels wide and you want to line it up so that it covers exactly two tiles, you'll have to add 48 pixels of whitespace either on the right or the left of the door. Again, it will only be activated via the tile the event itself is on.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.