* 2. meta.actCost = num
* - Sets the <act cost: num> notetag value num as a Number
* - All meta.actCost changes can be saved if
* DoubleX RMMV Dynamic Data is used

Video

Prerequisites
1. Little Javascript coding proficiency to fully utilize this plugin

Terms Of Use
* 1. Commercial use's always allowed and crediting me's always optional.
* 2. You shall keep this plugin's Plugin Info part's contents intact.
* 3. You shalln't claim that this plugin's written by anyone other than
* DoubleX or my aliases. I always reserve the right to deny you from
* using any of my plugins anymore if you've violated this.
* 4. CC BY 4.0, except those conflicting with any of the above, applies
* to this plugin, unless you've my permissions not needing follow so.
* 5. I always reserve the right to deny you from using this plugin
* anymore if you've violated any of the above.

Changelog
* v1.02a(GMT 0300 20-5-2020):
* 1. Added <max act cost> notetag
* v1.01c(GMT 0300 2-9-2017):
* 1. Fixed all skills/items being not usable outside battle bug
* v1.01b(GMT 0800 11-8-2016):
* 1. Improved compatibility with DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core
* v1.01a(GMT 0500 16-9-2016):
* 1. Compatible with DoubleX RMMV Item Charge and
* DoubleX RMMV Item Cooldown
* 2. Lets you set the action cots text color via textColor
* v1.00c(GMT 0400 5-6-2016):
* 1. Fixed a bug where action cost's checked for non skills/items
* v1.00b(GMT 1400 22-5-2016):
* 1. Fixed making some skills/items becoming not usable after cancelling
* attack
* v1.00a(GMT 1500 17-4-2016):
* 1. 1st version of this plugin finished

DoubleX RMMV Action Cost

Attachments

Last edited:

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
What do you mean for action slot?

I'm looking for an add-on for CTB that give to my battlers the possibility to performe mor than 1 action per turn(2-3 base attack, or 1 attack and 1 item, or 1 attack and 1 skill, etc) this plugin work this way?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
What do you mean for action slot?

I'm looking for an add-on for CTB that give to my battlers the possibility to performe mor than 1 action per turn(2-3 base attack, or 1 attack and 1 item, or 1 attack and 1 skill, etc) this plugin work this way?
In the default RMMV battle system, a battler can perform x actions for a turn, where x is the number of the action slots of that battler.

Whether this plugin works with CTB depends on how those CTBs are written. For instance, this plugin won't work with Yanfly's CTB, as it always only uses the 1st action slot for every battler, meaning that Action Times+ means nothing in that CTB system.

Nevertheless, a quick preliminary check, albeit not 100% accurate, for whether this plugin works with a CTB plugin, is this:
If Action Times + means nothing for the CTB system, then the answer's likely no; Otherwise it's likely yes.

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
You mean Acting times on the traits? Isn't that meant for the possibility to have a normal attack to attack twice or more?

Mostly i'm using Yanfly's CTB, but i'm looking for a way to stack the Actions per turn(attack, skill, use items, change equip)...so i have to use default system for stack actions?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
In general, any battle system utilizing the Acting Times on the traits should be likely to work.

For instance, I've tested that this plugin works with DoubleX RMMV Pouplarized ATB Core.

If you really want to stack the actions per turn for Yanfly's CTB, I think your best shot is probably asking Yanfly to make his/her CTB to support Acting Times on the traits, as I can do next to nothing(other than editing that plugin myself, which is clearly my last resort) as long as that plugin doesn't support that :)

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
I've seen that, but i don't really like ATB system in general :p do you think if is possible to write an addon to handle this AP(action points) system that work with CTB? I've seen someone doing this for his/her Ace BS.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think only Yanfly him/herself is up to the task, as long as using that would be addon will preserve the compatibility of the CTB plugin(i.e., no plugins originally compatible with the CTB plugin will become incopatible with the would be addon).

Also, if I really write this addon, I'll have to ask Yanfly to ensure I won't be against his/her will :)

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Yeah i do belive the same, well i try to ask if he/she can atleast enable the traits on the CTB.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates

Code:
 *      v1.00b(GMT 1400 22-5-2016):                                           
 *      1. Fixed making some skills/items becoming not usable after cancelling
 *         attack

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates

Code:
 *      v1.00c(GMT 0400 5-6-2016):                                            
 *      1. Fixed a bug where action cost's checked for non skills/items

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates

Code:
 *      v1.01a(GMT 0500 16-9-2016):                                            
 *      1. Compatible with DoubleX RMMV Item Charge and                       
 *         DoubleX RMMV Item Cooldown                                         
 *      2. Lets you set the action cots text color via textColor

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates
Code:
 *      v1.01b(GMT 0800 11-8-2016):                                           
 *      1. Improved compatibility with DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates
Code:
 *      v1.01c(GMT 0300 2-9-2017):                                           
 *      1. Fixed all skills/items being not usable outside battle bug

darkmatter404

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, quick question. Not sure if anyone is listening or will read this anytime soon but I'm very interested in how I think this mod will work.

You said that this plugin allows you to increase the action slots of each ability. So if I were to increase the "action slots" of a skill to, say, 99, would that mean I could use that skill up to 99 times before my turn was over?

I'm trying to build a system where each party member can "move" as many times as they want every turn and they are only limited by the cost of an ability. So you'd have 10 energy, and lets say attacking costs 1, a special attack costs 5, using an item costs 3, etc. You could attack 10 times, or special attack twice, or use 3 items and attack once... The only time your turn would end is when you either run out of energy (and thus can't move) or when you willingly end your turn.

Would this plugin allow that function?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, quick question. Not sure if anyone is listening or will read this anytime soon but I'm very interested in how I think this mod will work.

You said that this plugin allows you to increase the action slots of each ability. So if I were to increase the "action slots" of a skill to, say, 99, would that mean I could use that skill up to 99 times before my turn was over?

I'm trying to build a system where each party member can "move" as many times as they want every turn and they are only limited by the cost of an ability. So you'd have 10 energy, and lets say attacking costs 1, a special attack costs 5, using an item costs 3, etc. You could attack 10 times, or special attack twice, or use 3 items and attack once... The only time your turn would end is when you either run out of energy (and thus can't move) or when you willingly end your turn.

Would this plugin allow that function?
It depends on the battle system you're using.

If it's the default battle system, and a battler has 99 action slots(granted by Action Times+), then on the same turn that battler can use either:
- A skill costing 1 action slot 99 times
- A skill costing 3 action slots 33 times
- A skill costing 1 action slot 66 times, and another skill costing 3 action slots 11 times
- Any other combination with 99 as the sum

If it's some other battle systems, then the key is how they use Action Times+. Those totally ignoring it won't work with this plugin at all no matter what I do on my side :)

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am also slightly confused by this. For testing (and without any other plug-ins/ctb/atb/no yanfly at all)
I gave one character action times + 2%. Then gave a regular skill repeating only once the notetag of costing 2 actions. But it's always grayed out/unable to be selected in the battle skill selection window. While everything else has a '1' and is usable, so I know the plug-in is working on some level.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am also slightly confused by this. For testing (and without any other plug-ins/ctb/atb/no yanfly at all)
I gave one character action times + 2%. Then gave a regular skill repeating only once the notetag of costing 2 actions. But it's always grayed out/unable to be selected in the battle skill selection window. While everything else has a '1' and is usable, so I know the plug-in is working on some level.
In that case, your action times + 2% means that for every time that character becomes able to input actions, there's a 2% chance that character will have an extra action slot. As all characters have 1 action slot per input phase by default, the actions costing 2 slots will only have 2% chance to be usable.
Therefore, if you change that 2% to 100%, that action costing 2 slots should be always usable, provided by all the other requirements having nothing to do with this plugin have been met :)

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
See that's what I also assumed. I guess what confuses me is if actors have 1 native action slot, how do you acquire more? Like a second or third? Is it that with this plug-in, the action times+, based on the percentage,
will allow you to use a skill with a cost of three if you had been able to move 3 times without the plug-in?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
See that's what I also assumed. I guess what confuses me is if actors have 1 native action slot, how do you acquire more? Like a second or third? Is it that with this plug-in, the action times+, based on the percentage,
will allow you to use a skill with a cost of three if you had been able to move 3 times without the plug-in?
Yes, in that case, you simply add 2 Action Times + 100% :)

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhhh, I understand completely now. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.
Stream will be live shortly! Tonight will be the PREMIERE of Killer 7 for the first half of the stream, and at half-stream, we will switch to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Watching the launch, I felt a sort of detached excitement. Usually I'd think something like this would be extremely exciting. I'm fascinated by space exploration and am a big Sci-Fi fan. I guess it's just current events.
What did everyone else think about it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrrupption