coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DoubleX. Hey, it's me again. Sorry to bother you but after playing around with your action cost and action times plugins I gotta' say I really like them, a request though. Your action times plugin works fine and is compatible with everything, though your cost one isn't, namely with victor's ctb plugin. I know it might be too cumbersome for you to tinker with it to get it to be compatible but if you could that would be very cool as I'd like to utilize it as well. The issue is the costs of the actions correspond with the specified actions times of the actor. But after you've selected the actions, it goes to the next turn and nothing happens. Though for some reason torigoya's quickskill works with this and the actions do play out normally.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
@DoubleX. Hey, it's me again. Sorry to bother you but after playing around with your action cost and action times plugins I gotta' say I really like them, a request though. Your action times plugin works fine and is compatible with everything, though your cost one isn't, namely with victor's ctb plugin. I know it might be too cumbersome for you to tinker with it to get it to be compatible but if you could that would be very cool as I'd like to utilize it as well. The issue is the costs of the actions correspond with the specified actions times of the actor. But after you've selected the actions, it goes to the next turn and nothing happens. Though for some reason torigoya's quickskill works with this and the actions do play out normally.
You may want to place this snippet after both this plugin and the victor ctb:
JavaScript:
DoubleX_RMMV.Act_Cost.BattleManager.setupAction = BattleManager.setupAction;
BattleManager.setupAction = function(battler) {
    battler.actCostInputs = -999;
    DoubleX_RMMV.Act_Cost.BattleManager.setupAction(battler);
};

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, thanks for replying so quickly. I did place it below both but got this.

Attachments

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow, thanks for replying so quickly. I did place it below both but got this.
Sorry for my mistake. Try this instead:
Code:
DoubleX_RMMV.Act_Cost.BattleManager.setupAction = BattleManager.setupAction;
BattleManager.setupAction = function(battler) {
    battler.actCostInputs = -999;
    DoubleX_RMMV.Act_Cost.BattleManager.setupAction.call(this, battler);
};

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow. No errors now, but something odd is now taking place. Sorry for bothering you. You've been very patient lol. Let's say the actor has one +100 action times in their traits. They have 2 native turns always. Good. (Making sure attack and defend have a cost of 1 like the help section says.) Now let's say a skill has a cost of 2. What I thought was the case was the skill that costs 2 actions would consume those two actions and it would become the next actors turn. But what happens is the actor is still able to input another command. (As if they're always able to act their max action times set, in this case 2.) But is unable to select anything with a cost value at all. (Since the skill consumes their 2 native turns.) But the skill costing 2 actions actually does prompt the end of the turn and becomes the next actor's turn when the ctb plugin is turned off. So I understand if it's something that might be unable to be remedied. : /

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm sorry that I failed to reproduce the issue. In my case I placed the Victor CTB above my Action Cost plugin. If that doesn't work for you, I'm afraid that you'll have to give me your project(via pm of course) so I can test that out :)

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Works now. Thanks! :LZYcheeze:

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DoubleX. Hey man. I really appreciate your help from earlier. But just one question. For certain actions, if there a way to force the actor's turn to end? Like after defending? Or a certain skill? Regardless of they have multiple action slots remaining?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates
JavaScript:
 *      v1.02a(GMT 0300 20-5-2020):
 *      1. Added <max act cost> notetag

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playtesting for Battle Castle is done, demo time for me was roughly 6 hours and 20 minutes. I'm going to pass it on to a few friends first, and after getting some feedback will be posting an official topic.
There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lemminace