DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Compatibility

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by DoubleX, Apr 13, 2016.

1. DoubleX

DoubleX Just a nameless weakling Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updates
    Code:
     *      v1.02b(GMT 1400 26-8-2017):                                           
     *      1. Fixed showing status window with MOG_BattleHud compatility issue   
     *      2. Fixed changing currently inputable actor with                     
     *         Yanfly Engine Plugins - Target Extension - Selection Control       
     *         compatibility issue                                                

Oscar92player likes this.
  2. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, DoubleX, now the selection system works fine. However, I have an small bug report to do, related to the YEP Battle Select Cursor. You can reproduce it in the same sample project you have, but with your latest updates for ATB Core, Hotkey, and Compatibility plugins:
    • In battle, with the first active character, use the spell "Cure"/"Fire" over the target you want (or targets, if you want to heal/attack more than one).
    • After using the spell, wait until all your characters have the full ATB gauge. Then, use the directional keys to switch between your active actors.
    • You'll see that over the last character you used the spell, appears the last Battle Cursor you've seen. If for example, you used "Cure" over all your allies, and the spell is over, when you switch between your active actors, the same cursor images will appear over them; if you use a spell over the enemies, and switch between your active actors too, the cursor images will appear over the enemies too.
    • This issue happens when you cancel the cast of the spell, when selecting a target. The same cursor image(s) will appear over the last character(s) or target(s) you selected.
    It seems the rest works fine now, so the major problems are fixed. Thank you for all the work you are doing, you deserve a good place in the credits of my project.

UPDATE: A little update with another bug I found.

There is a small bug with the Party command window when you select the "Escape" command:
    • First, wait until all your actors has an full ATB gauge. Then, select an action with one of the characters (preferably use the "Cure" spell over all your allies).
    • In the meantime, use the Cancel button with the other actor, and open the Party command window, and select the "Escape" command before all the animation and action made by the other character concludes.
    • You'll see that the Party command window will be opened again, and you can select the "Fight" or "Escape" commands again (the last one will open again the Party command window). However, once the action made by the other character concludes, then the battle will show you the possible escape messages (whether you escape the battle or not).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    DoubleX likes this.
  3. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is not a bug but intended instead. It's to disable party escape when at least 1 battlers' executing at least 1 actions.
    The reason for this is that, allowing party escape when the aforementioned conditions are met will make things too complicated and convoluted for PATB, which is supposed to be easy and simple for both users and those plugin developers learning from this system.
    But I think I'm going to make it more explicit by greying out the escape option when the aforementioned conditions are met :)

4. Oscar92player

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I understand your point, and I think it is better and easy for you and the users. However, it would be cool if someday we can make the Escape by pressing the L/R or Q/W keys, like in the old Final Fantasy games.

By the way, can you take a look at this? Is another issue I've found related with the YEP Battle Select Cursor:

Hope you can help me with this.

5. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updates
    Code:
     *      v1.03a(GMT 0400 27-8-2017):                                           
     *      1. Supports Action Sequences in                                       
     *         Yanfly Engine Plugins - Battle Engine Core                         
     *      2. Fixed more changing currently inputable actor with                 
     *         Yanfly Engine Plugins - Target Extension - Selection Control       
     *         compatibility issues                                               
    Action Sequences
    Code:
     *    # DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core                                     
     *      1. atb val: Target Typing, Operator Value                             
     *         - Use Operator to assign Value to the atb value of targets included
     *           by Target Typing, which can be any Target Typing supported by   
     *           Action Sequences that targets battlers not cooling down         
     *         - Operator can be either =, +, -, *, / or %, meaning set to, add   
     *           by, subtract by, multiply by, divide by or modulo by respectively
     *      2. atb val %: Target Typing, Operator Value                           
     *         - Use Operator to assign Value% of the maximum atb value to the atb
     *           value of targets included by Target Typing, which can be any     
     *           Target Typing supported by Action Sequences that targets battlers
     *           not cooling down                                                 
     *      3. reset atb val: Target Typing                                       
     *         - Resets the atb value of targets included by Target Typing, which
     *           can be any Target Typing supported by Action Sequences, to the   
     *           maximum atb value in delay fill mode and 0 if otherwise         
     *      4. reset atb: Target Typing                                           
     *         - Clears all actions of targets included by Target Typing, which   
     *           can be any Target Typing supported by Action Sequences           
     *    # DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Charge                                   
     *      1. charge val: Target Typing, Operator Value                         
     *         - Use Operator to assign Value to the charge value of targets     
     *           included by Target Typing, which can be any Target Typing       
     *           supported by Action Sequences that targets battlers charging     
     *           actions                                                         
     *      2. charge val %: Target Typing, Operator Value                       
     *         - Use Operator to assign Value% of the maximum atb value to the   
     *           charge value of targets included by Target Typing, which can be 
     *           any Target Typing supported by Action Sequences that targets     
     *           battlers charging actions                                       
     *    # DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Cooldown                                 
     *      1. cooldown val: Target Typing, Operator Value                       
     *         - Use Operator to assign Value to the cooldown value of targets   
     *           supported by Action Sequences that targets battlers cooling down
     *      2. cooldown val %: Target Typing, Operator Value                     
     *         - Use Operator to assign Value% of the maximum atb value to the   
     *           cooldown value of targets included by Target Typing, which can be
     *           any Target Typing supported by Action Sequences that targets     
     *           battlers cooling down                                           
     *    # DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Countdown                               
     *      1. countdown clock: Target Typing, Operator Value State               
     *         - Use operator to assign Value to the number of frames as the     
     *           countdown clock of state with id State for targets included by   
     *           Target Typing, which can be any any Target Typing supported by   
     *           Action Sequences that targets battlers having said state         
     *         - The fps is assumed to be always 60                               
     *      2. countdown freeze: Target Typing, Flag State                       
     *         - Assign Flag, which is either true or false, to set whether the   
     *           countdown clock of state with id State is frozen for targets     
     *           included by Target Typing, which can be any any Target Typing   
     *           supported by Action Sequences that targets battlers having said 
     *           state                                                           
     *    # DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Delay                                   
     *      1. delay frame: Target Typing, Operator Value                         
     *         - Use Operator to assign Value to the number of frames as delay for
     *           targets included by Target Typing, which can be any Target Typing
     *           supported by Action Sequences                                   
     *         - The fps is assumed to be always 60                               
     *    # DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Reset                                   
     *      1. reset val: Target Typing, Operator Value                           
     *         - Use Operator to assign Value to the atb reset value for targets 
     *           supported by Action Sequences                                   
     *      2. reset val %: Target Typing, Operator Value                         
     *         - Use Operator to assign Value% of the maximum atb value to the atb
     *           reset value for targets included by Target Typing, which can be 
     *           any Target Typing supported by Action Sequences                 

6. Oscar92player

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, DoubleX! Thanks for the update, but it seems the issue with the Battle Cursor is still there. I've uploaded a new sample project with the latest update of ATB Compatibility here.

In order to reproduce the issue, you need to do this steps:
    • With the first active character in battle, use the "Cure" spell over all your actors (using the directional keys).
    • After finishing the action, wait again until all your characters have a full ATB gauge.
    • Try to switch between them with the directional arrows, and you can see the cursor images will appear over the heads of all your actors. Like in this image:
    [​IMG]

This issue happens with the enemies too, but using other steps to do it:
    • With the first active character in battle, use the "Fire" spell over all the enemies (using the directional keys).
    • After finishing the action, wait again until all your characters have a full ATB gauge.
    • Try to switch between them with the directional arrows, and you can see the cursor images will appear over the enemies you've selected before with the "Fire" spell.
    As you can see, this bug produces that the cursor images will appear over the last target character you've healed or attacked. In addition to this, this bug also happens with the normal Attack command.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    DoubleX likes this.
  7. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    There are some errors on the uploaded files and I've fixed them, so please download the plugin again :)

8. Oscar92player

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you very much! Now works like a charm, and it seems all the issues are gone.

However, I will do more testing from now on, because I will be working in my project with your improved battle system, so I'll try to keep you informed if I find more issues, and I'll also watch for new updates for your plugins.

And again, thank you very much for all your hard work. I'll put your name in a special place in the credits.

@DoubleX A little update about a little issue I've found.

It is related to the cursor images too, but I couldn't find this one until now, because it requires all the the characters to be death in a battle:
    • First, use the "Cure" spell over a character, or all the characters in your party.
    • After finishing the action, let the enemies kill all the actors.
    • At the end of the battle, you'll see the cursor image over the head(s) of the last (or latest) actor(s) you've healed, or the enemy(ies) you've targeted previously with a command.
    Hope you can fix this one too. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    DoubleX likes this.
  9. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You may want to try this patch provided by Cinnamon then edited by me :)

10. Oscar92player

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Didn't hear about Cinnamon's patch, but it seems the issue is gone.

Thank you very much!

P.S.: A user named UPRC works in FF fan projects, and I've heard that he wants to remake a game he made for RPG Maker 2k3, but in MV. I think your plugins can be very useful for him, because he will release the sequel of that game soon, and then, he will probably work in the remake (that uses the ATB system).

I would not be surprised if he asks you someday to use the ATB related plugins, or how to work with them. And now, with all the help you've given me with all the patches and updates, I think all the important plugins for a FF based ATB system are fully functional. Again, thank you very much for all your hard work!:ehappy:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    DoubleX likes this.
  11. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updates
    Code:
     *      v1.03b(GMT 0200 7-9-2017):                                           
     *      1. Fixed returning the sprite of the currently inputable actor to its
     *         home position when an action performs its finish sequence         
     *         compatiblity issue