Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Question of curiosity:

Is this compatible with Yanfly's battlecore/scripts? Because whenever I use the both of them, all is fine and dandy until it's the enemies turn and they keep continuously attacking till my team is dead.

Edit: So I've decided to place all your battle plugins at the bottom of my plugins list. Once again, it's all fine and dandy, but then you get locked/frozen in the command menu and you cannot do anything at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaklozeDuif

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hey-ho.

When 2 characters fill up their bar at the exact same time, you first get to input actions for both and then they are executed.

Could we have an option to execute actors instantly after they are selected, even if they fill their bar at the same time?

Eg:

Select action actor 1.

Actor 1 attacks.

Select action actor 2.

Actor 2 attacks.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey-ho.

When 2 characters fill up their bar at the exact same time, you first get to input actions for both and then they are executed.

Could we have an option to execute actors instantly after they are selected, even if they fill their bar at the same time?

Eg:

Select action actor 1.

Actor 1 attacks.

Select action actor 2.

Actor 2 attacks.
* @param wait_cond_code
* @desc Sets the atb wait condition code as wait_cond_code
* Available atb wait condition codes:
* full - Wait only when a message's showing or an event's running
* act - Wait when an action's executing as well
* target - Wait when the target selection window's shown as well
* item - Wait when the skill/item selection window's shown as well
* "Wait when players can input actions as well" will be used if
* wait_cond_code doesn't return any available code
* Only 1 battler can execute actions at a time
* Only 1 action can be executed at a time
* @default full

I assume you've set wait_cond_code as an unavailable code, otherwise I don't think this situation's even possible at all.

In this case, I'd propose adding a parameter like this for the upcoming version:

* @param max_linked_input_actors
* @desc Sets the maximum number of inputable actors that can proceed
* inputting actions without any of them actually starting to charge
* or execute any inputted ones as max_linked_input_actors
* max_linked_input_actors should return the same value during the
* same battle
* @default 0

I already have a way to implement this, but I won't be free until this Saturday :)

DaklozeDuif

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I assume you've set wait_cond_code as an unavailable code, otherwise I don't think this situation's even possible at all.

In this case, I'd propose adding a parameter like this for the upcoming version:

I already have a way to implement this, but I won't be free until this Saturday :)
Correct, I am using unavailable wait cond.

And that'd be great, thanks.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates

Code:
 *      v1.02a(GMT 0600 20-8-2016):                                           
 *      1. Added max_linked_input_actors

Xeno_Salazar

War Mage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey :)  thanks for the great plugin

I'm using this with your SE script for it, and it doesn't work, even in a new project! Anyone else having this problem?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey :)  thanks for the great plugin

I'm using this with your SE script for it, and it doesn't work, even in a new project! Anyone else having this problem?
May you please elaborate on this issue? Like how exactly it doesn't work?

Also, please ensure the filename of that SE script is properly set:

Code:
 * The plugin file name must be the same as DoubleX_RMMV.PATB_SE_File, which
 * must be edited by editing the plugin js file directly
 * The default value of DoubleX_RMMV.PATB_SE_File is
 * DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB SE v100a

Xeno_Salazar

War Mage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The plugin doesn't cause any errors, and I didn't change the filename so it shows just fine in the list with all the parameters functioning. I have it below the core plugin as well. The problem is that regardless of what SE I pick, I hear no sound when an actors turn comes up, although all other sounds work just fine.

Basically, everything else about the plugin works perfectly, just for some reason the SE does not play. I thought it may have been a compatibility issue, (even though I have your fix) so I started up a new project with just your ATB core and SE...but still no luck. Having a tough time figuring out what I'm doing wrong here.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
The plugin doesn't cause any errors, and I didn't change the filename so it shows just fine in the list with all the parameters functioning. I have it below the core plugin as well. The problem is that regardless of what SE I pick, I hear no sound when an actors turn comes up, although all other sounds work just fine.

Basically, everything else about the plugin works perfectly, just for some reason the SE does not play. I thought it may have been a compatibility issue, (even though I have your fix) so I started up a new project with just your ATB core and SE...but still no luck. Having a tough time figuring out what I'm doing wrong here.
It turns out that it's because I've updated the core plugin, and that update breaks the SE plugin.

So I've just updated the SE plugin. I've tested and it should work now. Sorry for giving you such a huge trouble :)

Xeno_Salazar

War Mage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No problem at all, working great now. Thanks again!

DaklozeDuif

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Is it possible that max_linked_input_actors isn't quite working?

I set it to 1 but if 4 actors finish charging at the same time, I still have to input all of their actions before they'll start executing them.

(On Undefined wait_cond_code of course.)

Tried in a fresh project with nothing besides Popularized ATB Core.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible that max_linked_input_actors isn't quite working?

I set it to 1 but if 4 actors finish charging at the same time, I still have to input all of their actions before they'll start executing them.

(On Undefined wait_cond_code of course.)

Tried in a fresh project with nothing besides Popularized ATB Core.
I think you may want to send me your project this time so I can diagnose the issue, as my test cases have no such issue :)

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates

* v1.02b(GMT 0500 17-9-2016):
* 1. Fixed max_linked_input_actors not working when there are 3+
* inputable actors at the same time with no one having Action Times +
* 2. Lets you set max_linked_input_actors as negative to disable it

P.S.: max_linked_input_actors won't work well with any inputable actor having Action Times+, which can only be fixed by rewriting the entire PATB system, so I don't think I'll go for that extra mile :)

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey DoubleX, in this thread by Yanfly, he mentions some problems with his ATB scripts, which makes me hesitant to use them. Have you experienced any of those problems?

Relevant info below:
F.A.Q. ABOUT ATB AND CTB PLUGINS

The ATB and CTB plugins are custom battle systems that do NOT involve a turn-based system that you're used to with the default turn-based battle system (DTB). They function off of a tick-based system, which means it does not work off standard means. This also means you have to adjust either the plugin or your game to fit these means. Here are some frequently reported "issues" with the system. None of these are bugs so do not report them as bugs.

• If ATB bars are taking too long to fill up, then change your battlers' AGI values to higher or change the plugin parameters to fit your game.

• If ATB states are dropping in turns too quickly, this is because you didn't adjust the proper state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.

• For ATB, no, I will NOT make Active Mode. It's not because I can't (I've made it before in VX's Yanfly Engine Melody). It's because RPG Maker MV's code structure for the battle system makes it more likely to break everything if it does so. If this is something you absolutely need, the Plugin Request Forum is your place to visit, if DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core(which is at least compatible with my Battle Engine Core with the compatibility fix) can't meet your demands already.

• If there is "lag" between CTB turns, this isn't because of the plugin. This is because your low AGI values is making the game go through hundreds to thousands of CTB updates per tick. Once again, either you increase the AGI values or change the plugin parameters to fit your

• In CTB, States "skipping" multiple turns when updating isn't a bug. It is because in between the previous battler next battler, there was a huge gap in time, enough to go through two state turn cycles. Adjust the state turn settings within the Battle Engine Core to fit your game.

• For CTB, no, I will NOT make multiple instances of turn icons appearing for multiple actors. If you want something like that made, you can request it in the Plugin Request Forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nionica