DoubleX RMMV Unison Item

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by DoubleX, Dec 25, 2015.

1. EastsideTrouble

EastsideTrouble Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Also, another issue.  If I try to select items from the battle screen, I get a crash.  Below is the error report.  Sorry for the additional trouble

TypeError: Cannot read property 'meta' of null
        at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.canUse (file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Documents/Games/Project3/js/plugins/DoubleX%20RMMV%20Unison%20Item%20Default%20v100g.js:192:28)
        at file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Documents/Games/Project3/js/rpg_objects.js:4998:22
        at Array.some (native)
        at Game_Party.canUse (file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Documents/Games/Project3/js/rpg_objects.js:4997:27)
        at Window_BattleItem.includes (file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Documents/Games/Project3/js/rpg_windows.js:5691:23)
        at Window_BattleItem.Window_ItemList.makeItemList (file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Documents/Games/Project3/js/rpg_windows.js:1969:14)
        at Window_BattleItem.Window_ItemList.refresh (file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Documents/Games/Project3/js/rpg_windows.js:2008:10)
        at Scene_Battle.commandItem (file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Documents/Games/Project3/js/rpg_scenes.js:2288:22)
        at Window_ActorCommand.Window_Selectable.callHandler (file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Documents/Games/Project3/js/rpg_windows.js:896:31)
        at Window_ActorCommand.Window_Command.callOkHandler (file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Documents/Games/Project3/js/rpg_windows.js:1420:14)rpg_managers.js:1618 SceneManager.catchException

2. DoubleX

DoubleX Just a nameless weakling Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    These errors should be fixed, so you may want to download Unison Item Default(or just the whole updated rar) again :)

3. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updates

Code:
     *      This plugin:                                                          
     *      v1.03a(GMT 0500 23-7-2016):                                           
     *      1. Added <unison item actor function drain: weights>                  

4. chazdoesntknow

chazdoesntknow Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey I'm having a problem with the plugin.  Whenever I use it the Unison Attack plays perfectly, however all of my other actions lose their basic attack animations but it still plays the damage animation.  My actors just freeze in combat, except for the Unison Attacks, they both jump forward as planned.  I've tried rearranging my list of plugins and I have also turned all of my other plugins off and it still happens.  I have not edited anything within the script.  So maybe it could have something to do with the rules/functions that needed to be edited, but I'm unsure.

5. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    May you please list all the pluguns you're using(preserving their ordering) and post a video to illustrate your issue?

6. chazdoesntknow

First Language:
    English
    It may take me a couple days to send screenshots/videos because I don't have a great internet connection but I will do it as quick as possible.

7. winipcfg

winipcfg Warper Member

First Language:
    Cantonese
    It looks great. Thanks. Can't wait to check any MV games using this plugin.

BTW, are there any options that the spell could be casted as normal/unison spell?

It will be nice in ATB. For example, after Horald cast Fire, Marsha cast Wind and then the spell becomes "Fire Tornado"

Fire + Fire > Explosion

Fire + Wind > Fire Tornado

Wind + Water > Water Tornado

8. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    In this case, I think Jay's Dual Tech System will be more suitable :)

9. winipcfg

winipcfg Warper Member

First Language:
    Cantonese

Thanks. I will take a look. :)

Though I am talking about the weird(?) battle system in "The Legend of Heroes III: Song of the Ocean"

For instance, Horald cast Earth spell and during charging period, Marsha come and cast Wind spell and it becomes Earth + Wind unison spell.

If Marsha did not come on time, then it's just a simple Earth spell.

Example video below

10. chazdoesntknow

First Language:
    English
    OK sorry it took so long, but here is the list of plugins I am currently using.  The video shows that the first action used is the unison attack, second action is a standard attack action (which shows no animations), then lastly I use a skill from both actors and the animations work.  While doing this test I turned all plugins off except the two Unison plugins.

View attachment Unison.avi

PluginList.png

11. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think you'll have to give me your project so I can check what's going on, as I think it's a compatibility issue :)

I guess you'll have a better bet to ask HeroicJay to make his/her plugin support that, and it seems to me that an ATB/CTB system plugin will be needed as well, so your request will likely be indeed a compatibility issue for him/her to handle ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2016
  12. chazdoesntknow

First Language:
    English
    What exactly would I have to send you?  The project folder?  It will probably take a little while to send it to you though.

13. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes, the folder. You may want to send it via pm though :)

14. rockhub

rockhub Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I am having a problem when I give an actor a unison skill but a or more party members are before them then they can cot use the skill. Like if actor 4 has it then they can not use it at all because the other get to pick what to do before them. please can someone help me.

DoubleX likes this.
  15. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Assuming that you're talking about the default battle system, it's actually the intended behavior.
    It's because in order to use an unison skill/item, all the unison actors must have at least 1 available action slot.
    On the other hand, in your example, the very moment you've reached actor 4 means that all the actor 1,2 and 3 have used up all their action slots as they've selected the skills/items to be used.
    Therefore, in order to use that unison skill/item in your case, you'll have to cancel all the selected actions of all the previous actors, until the 1st unison actor has at least 1 available action slot.

If you think the intended behavior shouldn't be this, I'd like you to give me some suggestions :D
    For instance, if you think the plugin should let actor 4 select such unison skill/item by overriding 1 of the action slot of the previous unison actors, I'd have to make some overriding rules(like 1st/last/1st non unison/last non unison) to let the plugin users to choose. However, I'm pretty sure that the rule would lead to extremely confusing behaviors to plugin users and the players of their games, and the compatibility issues of this plugin would be so complicated and convoluted that I don't think I'd be able to deal with most of them :)

16. rockhub

rockhub Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    How do I cancel them how can I get actor 4 to be able to use there unison skill? Thanks

DoubleX likes this.
  17. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    In the default battle system, when you've reached actor 4, you can simply repeatedly press the cancel key(It's likely ESC but you need to check your key mapping) to cancel the previously selected actions for the previous actors, until it goes back to the 1st unison actor. Then that actor should be able to select the unison skill, as long as all the other conditions are met for all the unison actors involved(like the mp/tp cost) :)

18. rockhub

rockhub Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    That would let actor 1 use a unison skill not actor 4 how do I let actor 4 be the one to use it?

DoubleX likes this.
  19. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'd like to know the difference between actor 1 being the user and actor 4 being the user :)
    If you're concerned about the stats(like atk, mat) in the damage formula, you can change the parameter unisonFunctionRule, use the notetag <unison item function rule: rule> and <unison item function actors: ids>, and change the configuration RULES.
    If you're concerned about the costs(like mp, tp), you can use the notetag <unison item actor mp cost: costs> and <unison item actor tp cost: costs>.
    After all, the default battle system forces actor 1 to select all actions before actor 4 can select anything, so letting actor 4 use unison skill involving actor 1 rather than the other way around is going completely against the default battle system :D

20. rockhub

rockhub Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Story the skill is meant for actor 4 also so that it does not meter were the members are at like if I have 8 member and switch them around I can still use the skill. Like if a skill use actor 3 and actor 6 but actor 3 has it but I switch actor 6 in so they are in actor 2 spot the I can still use the skill would be nice.

DoubleX likes this.