Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items Compatibility Fix  v1.02f​
by DoubleX​

Note

Putting DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items above Yanfly Engine Ace - Instant Cast may fix their compatibility issues already

I won't fix compatibility issues with YSA CATB as writing a new unison skill/item addon to it is obviously easier

DoubleX RMVXA Unison Addon to YSA Battle System: Classical ATB:

Edit: I won't fix compatibility issues with YEA-BattleEngine as well as writing a new unison addon to it leads to a much better solution

DoubleX RMVXA Unison Addon to Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine

The currently compatibility issue with Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony is outsourced to DoubleX RMVXA Tag Addon to Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony.

Prerequisites

DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items

Scripts Addressed

Victor Engine - Active Time Battle

Yanfly Engine Ace - Instant Cast

Introduction

Fixes compatibility issues of DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items

Features

Plug and play(You don't need to edit anything in this script but you may still do so)

(v1.02c+)Added a new symphony tag in Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony: unison x y, game actor with id x and y(i.e., $game_actors[x] and $game_actors[y]) respectively(can be just 1 or more than 2 ids)

How to use

Open the script editor and put this script into an open slot below DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items and the addressed scripts but above Main. Save to take effect.

FAQ

None

Credit and Thanks

DoubleX(Giving me credit is completely optional)

No terms of use other than not claiming this script as created by anyone except DoubleX or his alias

Compatibility
Same as that of DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items except those addressed by this script:

- Victor Engine - Active Time Battle

- Yanfly Engine Ace - Instant Cast

Changelog

v1.02f(GMT 0400 21-7-2014):

Outsourced the compatibility with Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony to DoubleX RMVXA Tag Addon to Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony

DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items won't be compatible with Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine

Changed this script's terms of use

v1.02e(GMT 1000 15-11-2014):

Improved compatibility with Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine

v1.02d(GMT 0100 21-8-2014):

Fixed more Victor Engine - Active Time Battle compatibility issues

v1.02c(GMT 1100 9-6-2014):

Fixed a bug when users doesn't use Victor Engine - Active Time Battle

A single unison symphony tag can include more than 1 actor id

v1.02b(GMT 1100 5-6-2014):

Fixed a bug when accessing skill or item menu outside battles

Fixed a atb recharge bug when using unison items with VE_ATB_WAIT_ACTION

v1.02a(GMT 0300 1-6-2014):

Compatible with Victor Engine - Active Time Battle v 1.05

v1.01a(GMT 0000 7-3-2014):

Compatible with

- Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine

- Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony

v1.00a (GMT 1200 16-1-2014):

- 1st version of this script finished

(DoubleX)Unison Item Compatibility Fix v1.02f.rar

Attachments

• (DoubleX)Unison Item Compatibility Fix v1.02f.rar
    311 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:

Realryuzaki

Noobie
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do you make both characters walk in at the same time?  I'm using Yami's Battle Symphony and when I use the duo skill, one actor walks in only but the other just stays still.  Is there a fix to this?  Or am I missing something?  I'm probably thinking I need to add the code: unison x, game actor with id x(i.e., $game_actors[x]) but where does it go?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
How do you make both characters walk in at the same time?  I'm using Yami's Battle Symphony and when I use the duo skill, one actor walks in only but the other just stays still.  Is there a fix to this?  Or am I missing something?  I'm probably thinking I need to add the code: unison x, game actor with id x(i.e., $game_actors[x]) but where does it go?
It goes to the symphony tags of the unison skills. unison x is a new symphony tag I made in this script to let users specify an actor via the id. It's similar to other symphony tags in terms of their usage.

You can check this post for more information about symphony tags:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/19884-a-guide-to-yamis-battle-symphony/?hl=%2Bbattle+%2Bsymphony#entry234249

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Very good!

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates

v1.02a(GMT 0300 1-6-2014):

Compatible with Victor Engine - Active Time Battle v 1.05

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks DoubleX! = D
This script will help me A LOT!

Just do not understand a thing. Skills using the "<unison item: X, Y>" can not call a common event? Why?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ahoy!

I spent some quality time with Yami's ATB today, my poor laptop from the '90s almost burned down from this much battle time, lol.

Added almost all of your addons for it, and everything works fine.

The only thing I can't figure out is this new "unison x y" symphony tag.

I tried to put that everywhere I can think of, in all 5 parts of the symphony tags (target, whole, etc.), but nothing works, only one actor will use the skill, only one will move and do actions.

I am sure that I'm the one messing this up somehow, but don't know how.

If a unison skill requires actor 4 and actor 5 to use, for example, how would I make that in symphony tags?

A simple "unison 4 5" or should I place something else, like "unison: 4 5", "unison: 4, 5" or "unison[4, 5]"?

I made several skills with symphony tags already from simple to a bit more complicated, but this one I just can't figure out.

Can you make a really simple example, like 2 actors just performing a simple attack on the targeted enemy, or just 2 actors moving to the same place with a unison skill used?

It doesn't have to be anything complicated, just a really basic example.

Pretty please! *-*

And of course, thanks for all of your scripts! :)

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ahoy!

I spent some quality time with Yami's ATB today, my poor laptop from the '90s almost burned down from this much battle time, lol.

Added almost all of your addons for it, and everything works fine.

The only thing I can't figure out is this new "unison x y" symphony tag.

I tried to put that everywhere I can think of, in all 5 parts of the symphony tags (target, whole, etc.), but nothing works, only one actor will use the skill, only one will move and do actions.

I am sure that I'm the one messing this up somehow, but don't know how.

If a unison skill requires actor 4 and actor 5 to use, for example, how would I make that in symphony tags?

A simple "unison 4 5" or should I place something else, like "unison: 4 5", "unison: 4, 5" or "unison[4, 5]"?

I made several skills with symphony tags already from simple to a bit more complicated, but this one I just can't figure out.

Can you make a really simple example, like 2 actors just performing a simple attack on the targeted enemy, or just 2 actors moving to the same place with a unison skill used?

It doesn't have to be anything complicated, just a really basic example.

Pretty please! *-*

And of course, thanks for all of your scripts! :)
As you quoted the unison symphony tag as "unison x y", it seems that you combined Yami's ATB + Battle Engine Symphony with my Unison Item script aimed for the default battle system + this compatibility fix. This combination won't work and the working one is Yami's ATB + Battle Engine Symphony combined with my Unison Addon to his ATB + my Tag Addon to his Battle Engine Symphony. In this case, the supposed unison symphony tag is id x y although you can use another one if you know how to make such unison symphony tags. My Unison Item script and my Unison Addon to Yami's ATB are 2 different scripts as they aim for 2 different battle systems.

For the use of id x y symphony tag, let's look at the below example:

<whole action>immortal: targets, truemove id 1 2: forward, waitpose: id 1 2, caststance: id 1 2, castanimation 81: id 1 2, waiticon create: id 1 2, weapon</whole action><target action>pose: id 1 2, 2h swingstance: id 1 2, attackicon: id 1 2, weapon, swinganimation 65: targetani wait: 3skill effect: dmgwait for animation</target action><follow action>animation 81: id 1 2, waitpose: id 1 2, 2h swingstance: id 1 2, attackicon: id 1 2, weapon, swinganimation 68: targetsani wait: 2skill effect: wholeani wait: 2skill effect: wholeani wait: 2skill effect: wholeani wait: 2skill effect: wholeimmortal: targets, false</follow action>The result should be almost the same as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DnyR4SZUa4

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the help!

I am using these scripts now:
- DoubleX RMVXA Unison Addon v1.02b to YSA Battle System: Classical ATB
- DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items Compatibility Fix v1.02c

So if I understood right, I don't need the second script, only the first and your tag addon for symphony?

I copied the unison tag from that second script and pasted into the tag addon.
It works like that, but unfortunately, for some reason it is not compatible with Galv's Battle Favour Meter. :(
It can't calculate the '$game_temp.skill_used.favour_bonus' if using a unison skill (undefined method 'favour_bonus' for nil:NilClass). Oddly enough, it happens only when it is the very first skill used in battle. o.o
If I use an attack, a guard, anything before the unison skill with any actor available, it won't give the error.

I guess I could work around that by restricting my unison skills in the first turn and unlock them from the second and onward, or something similar. But it is still annoying. >.>

Nevermind the above. I noticed that the unison addon modifies the make_dmg_value definition if unison skills were used, so I just needed to put the Battle Favour script after the unison addon script. 

Everything works now! *-*

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates

v1.02e(GMT 1000 15-11-2014):

Improved compatibility with Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine

v1.02d(GMT 0100 21-8-2014):

Fixed more Victor Engine - Active Time Battle compatibility issues

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updates

v1.02f(GMT 0400 21-7-2014):

Outsourced the compatibility with Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony to DoubleX RMVXA Tag Addon to Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony

DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items won't be compatible with Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine

Changed this script's terms of use

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

ScreenShot_8_14_2022_11_55_51.png
FINALLY added the comic bubble to the Title Screen...
I know I'll put one of my game's sprites here to give the illusion that I am a productive member of game society.
handelspriteanim.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkmorve