* @command setTPBSActorIndexHotkey
* @desc Sets the mapping from the actor index to the hotkey
* selecting the corresponding actor
* @arg actorIndex
* @type number
* @desc The index of the actor selected by hotkey actorHotkey
* @arg actorHotkey
* @desc The keymap of the hotkey selecting the actor with index actorIndex

1. A custom key map plugin, like DoubleX_RMMZ_Custom_Key_Maps, can be useful when setting hotkeys to select targets in this plugin
2. The TPBS inputable actor selection hotkeys shouldn't be changed inside battles

Plugins:
1. DoubleX RMMZ Enhanced Codebase
Abilities:
1. Nothing special

Code:
*      1. The default plugin parameters file name is
*         DoubleX_RMMZ_TPBS_Actor_Hotkeys
*         If you want to change that, you must edit the value of
*         DoubleX_RMMZ.TPBS_Actor_Hotkeys.PLUGIN_NAME, which must be done
*         via opening this plugin js file directly

Code:
*      1. Commercial use's always allowed and crediting me's always optional.
*      2. You shall keep this plugin's Plugin Info part's contents intact.
*      3. You shalln't claim that this plugin's written by anyone other than
*         DoubleX or my aliases. I always reserve the right to deny you from
*         using any of my plugins anymore if you've violated this.
*      4. If you repost this plugin directly(rather than just linking back),
*         you shall inform me of these direct repostings. I always reserve
*         the right to request you to edit those direct repostings.
*      5. CC BY 4.0, except those conflicting with any of the above, applies
*         to this plugin, unless you've my permissions not needing follow so.
*      6. I always reserve the right to deny you from using this plugin
*         anymore if you've violated any of the above.

Code:
*      Authors:
*      1. DoubleX
*      Plugin Development Collaborators:
*      - None So Far
*      Bug Reporters:
*      - None So Far
*      Compatibility Issue Raisers:
*      - None So Far
*      Feature Requesters:
*      - None So Far

Code:
*      { codebase: "1.1.0", plugin: "v1.00a" }(2020 Oct 30 GMT 0900):
*      1. 1st version of this plugin finished

Download Link
Demo Link

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is exactly like this one feature that I'm longing for in MZ, but I mainly use Default Turn Battle as it's the most convenient one for me. I'm using it right now with the Time Progress system and this helps tremendously without choosing skills.

I will say this, as someone who uses Default Turn Battle. Difference for a DTB version is that if I'm on the last actor or if I'm the only actor in battle and press right, it'll be the enemy's turn.
Because this is TPS and I can continuously go left and right in real time action, I assume there'd be a DTB version that checks if it's Default Turn Battle as to not conflict with the Time Progress version.
I'd be grateful for one that works with DTB, that way people like me won't have to input a skill just to get from actor to another. It'd be so grateful to have.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is exactly like this one feature that I'm longing for in MZ, but I mainly use Default Turn Battle as it's the most convenient one for me. I'm using it right now with the Time Progress system and this helps tremendously without choosing skills.

I will say this, as someone who uses Default Turn Battle. Difference for a DTB version is that if I'm on the last actor or if I'm the only actor in battle and press right, it'll be the enemy's turn.
Because this is TPS and I can continuously go left and right in real time action, I assume there'd be a DTB version that checks if it's Default Turn Battle as to not conflict with the Time Progress version.
I'd be grateful for one that works with DTB, that way people like me won't have to input a skill just to get from actor to another. It'd be so grateful to have.
Unfortunately, while this plugin itself is easy, simple and small, the DTB counterpart would be much, much more complicated and convoluted(not the implementation itself but its aftermath), because the DTB is built upon the very rule that the action input sequence must always be from the 1st action slot of the 1st inputable actor to the last action slot of the last inputable actor.
Obviously, any DTB counterpart of this plugin will completely break that rule, leading to at least the following:
1. As the default RMMZ codebase hardcodes this rule as an implicit assumption, breaking this rule can let some action slots to be in invalid states(inputted skills/items without targets selected), causing counter-intuitive bugs
2. While the above bug can be effortlessly fixed for those having a solid understanding on the DTB implementation details, some plugins might actually exploit that bug(sometimes even unknowingly) as a way to help implementing their features, so fixing that bug can lead to surprising compatibility issues
3. Breaking that rule can lead to some plugins becoming very difficult to implement, like unison skills/items(especially when it's to work with an action cost plugin, where a skill/item can cost multiple action slots), where the same skill/item will appear to be cast by multiple actors/enemies at the same time
4. Most importantly, with that rule being broken, it's not really a DTB anymore, meaning that the DTB counterpart of this plugin is actually changing the very definition of DTB
Therefore, while any plugin developer with a solid understanding on the DTB implementation details can make a DTB counterpart of this plugin within hours, it's the consequences that pull them back, so if you really want such a plugin to be written, you'll have to expect that plugin to be incompatible with just about any other plugin that works with DTB only(or those clearly having very different behaviors between TPBS and DTB ) :)

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's all so strange. Yanfly had a Battle Status Window plugin in MV that allowed it, the only plugin in MV with that feature. Honestly, working for not just Default Turn Battle but for any system that's tick-based (Active Turn Battle, Charge Turn Battle). And a number of plugins I used didn't conflict with it. Was the codebase from MV any different regarding Default Turn Battle?

Trying to understand the point made, I did have a few moments where I'd input a skill then change a weapon then skip to the next actor and then as a result, the skill wouldn't go through because it'd be a different requirement or some minor unintended things, not game-breaking. I do assume if there was a Change Battle Equip command, same can be done here in the TPBS one.

I supposed I should have clarified the other systems instead of saying DTB only, but I know as in TBPS, I can be keep using left and right keys. but I do thank you for telling me this. I assume you're saying it can be done, but with it can come this set of potential problems. Incompatibility is one thing I tend to be watchful for when starting to test new plugins out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
penardo