doubts about Rycochet - Disable Scripts v1.0 (RMXP)

kaigames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese.BR
Primarily Uses
RMXP
hello, I have some doubts about this script:

created by TDS and modified by Rycochet credits to them

found in:

rpgmakercentral - Disable Scripts

yes it is a VXACE script but interestingly it worked on rmxp

this script is used to disable scripts by adding '#' at the beginning of his name
The position for the script still exists, but the script content itself is blank - this means you can still debug other scripts properly, and it only needs a single character change to enable them again.

is it possible to create a global variable for each script and
make a condition in that script saying that if the variable corresponding to the script is declared via events the script will be disabled during the game? I will be grateful who could help me

Last edited:

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
All the scripts are loaded as soon as you run the game, stopping at Main since that's where the main game loop is at (this is why people say to put your scripts above Main). You can't just magically make the program forget a script mid-way during game execution (let alone loading it back in again).

It would be more beneficial for us if you explained what script you wanted to temporarily disable instead.

kaigames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese.BR
Primarily Uses
RMXP
All the scripts are loaded as soon as you run the game, stopping at Main since that's where the main game loop is at (this is why people say to put your scripts above Main). You can't just magically make the program forget a script mid-way during game execution (let alone loading it back in again).

It would be more beneficial for us if you explained what script you wanted to temporarily disable instead.
well, when talking about the main script, I was referring to the disable script, the condition with the variable would be in it and triggered would be determined from that script for this reason I called it the main (it really is not possible to forget a script in the middle of it but it was possible to disable the script with a command (I'm not sure if it was a condition)that would lead to turning the script into a comment just by adding '#' in the script name, I figured it wouldn't be a problem if instead of this command they were replaced with variables that could be triggered by events). well, the script I want to disable and activate is ** Animated Battlers - Enhanced ver. 12.3 and RCBS (Rotimikid's Camera Battle System) it is a battle system, with golden sun style camera, the only problem is that it is composed with several scripts, but using this scriipt I managed to disable them so I believe it is possible

Last edited:

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Can you further explain what parts of those two scripts you want to disable temporarily? Also provide the link to those scripts.

kaigames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese.BR
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Can you further explain what parts of those two scripts you want to disable temporarily? Also provide the link to those scripts.

I want to disable the entire system, but temporarily, to have access to the standard frontal battle system of rmxp the two scripts I mentioned, are kind of responsible for the operation, as I told you there are really many scripts that work for the operation so I'll send you the demo link

demo:

AnimBattlrs + RCBS.zip

found in:

/save-point.org - Rotimikid's (ShockWave's) Camera Battle System v1.2

Last edited:

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yeah, you're not going to get much help with this one. You're essentially asking for a game that can support two battle systems. If the script was more along the lines of an add-on to the default battle system, it would have been an easy thing to disable.

This would require a full rewrite.

kaigames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese.BR
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I understand, but with the disable script I was able to disable it so that it was never rewritten turning them into '#' comments and the native battle system went back to work so I wanted to turn the script into commentary in game through the line of this script but anyway if it is not possible i will resort to events thank you anyway

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yeah, I already told you that you can't "unload" a script. What that disable scripts...script...does is no different than just putting a __END__ at the top of the script, preventing it from loading the script at start-up.

The only true way to be able to enable and disable in-game is writing the script to allow that behavior in the first place, usually by means of turning a switch ON/OFF or setting a global variable true/false.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

stock analyst lady
Well, since I'm in lockdown, I guess it's finally time to get serious into rpgmaking... almost 20 years later.
Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FIL