FREE Downfall FES Legends (Decided to move project to a different engine)

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by JtheDuelist, Apr 13, 2018.

1. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Downfall FES Legends Logo.png

Engine: I have decided to move this project to a different engine...

Synopsis: This is a game styled like Fire Emblem Heroes, a turn-based strategy RPG where the characters you can use are only limited to what is pulled from a gacha/summon style system, but set in the universe of my RPG series Downfall FES, but set many, many years into the future. Unlike the typical gacha style game, all spawns are not hidden behind a paywall, meaning a player can get everything possible from gameplay alone. The game involves Mozart and Clara, the twins of the owners of a small tavern in Llacroix, saving the continent from an evil force who wishes to have only complete control of the continent at any cost. To help them, they must call on the help of the legends of Llacroix's past. Spawns are done using Soul Orbs, which are earned by completing battles. The player can also customize units with Soul Skills, which are bought using Soul Shards (which are earned in the same manner as Soul Orbs). This game is constantly updating with regular new content, from new maps, units, Soul Skills, and more by using SumRndmDde's Auto-Updater plugin. And yes, there will be holiday themed characters!
    EVERYONE WHO HELPS, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE, WILL RECEIVE CREDIT IN THE CREDITS, WHICH CAN BE VIEWED BY TALKING TO CHARD IN THE TENZUKU LOBBY IN-GAME!

Positions/Roles Needed:
    Artists
    : To draw the art of characters as seen on the status menus and hero summoned art. Artist receives credit as shown next to the pen icon on the character's Status Page.

Battle Mappers: To design the maps in which battles take place. Maps must not contain any DLC. This role also decides how the units on both sides (player and enemy) are positioned at the start of the battle.

My Role(s)/Position(s):
    I am putting everything together into the finished game and have designed most of the cast of the game already. My role by name is Producer.

Screenshots: These screenshots come from what I already have.
    Concept1.png Concept2.png Concept3.png Concept4.png Concept5.png Concept6.png Concept7.png

Unit Types:
    Units are split into 4 main movement types: Infantry (Can move 2 spaces a turn), Flier (Can move 3 spaces a turn, plus ignores most terrain but are weak to Bows and Firearms), Armor (Can only move 1 space a turn, but has superior HP and Defense as a result), and Calvary/Beast (can move 4 spaces a turn, but are weak to certain weapons- this type involves horseback units and animal/half-animal units)

Weapon Types:
    There are 10 different weapon types, each with their own stats and ranges: Sword, Axe, Lance, Tome, Bow, Staff, Firearm, Claw, Dagger, and Aura.

Star Rating:
    Units are rated on star system- this determines the starting and max value of their stats, the equipment and skills they have, and the chance of getting them in a summon. The lowest obtainable star rating is 2-Star, which is a rating only given to the players first two given characters apart from Mozart and Clara (1-Star does exist but only on mediocre enemies). The rest of the rarities are, in order of lowest to highest: 3-Star, 4-Star, 5-Star, 5-Star Heroic, and 5-Star Heroic Mythical. 3-Star is the lowest rating possible when summoning, while 5-Star Heroic Mythical is the highest. 5-Star Heroic units have higher stats than 5-Star units, while 5-Star Heroic Mythicals have even greater stats than that. As of v1.00, there is currently only one 5-Star Heroic unit, and there are no available 5-Star Heroic Mythicals (these two rarities will be expanded upon in later updates).

Maps:
    Maps have various terrain and features that both the player and enemy can take advantage of- Water impedes the movement of almost all units, Forts provide a 5% buff in Defense and Resistance and 10% HP recovery every turn while inside it, Mountains lower the Movement distance of all units that traverse it by 1 (meaning Armored units cannot even go through them without Movement increasing skills), and Voids where only Flier units may traverse.

Multiple people may fill the same roles, which is very so desired. If working on art or maps, please inform the rest of the team what specific thing(ie: Character #1, Map #1, etc) you are doing, as to avoid confusion and wasted time.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    MMMm, Muffel, NeoFantasy and 2 others like this.
  2. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    CHARACTERS ADDED TO VERSION 1.00:

Current Team:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  3. DianteC

DianteC Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You still looking for a mapper?

JtheDuelist likes this.
  4. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DianteC Yes, this is a continually updating project so any mappers are welcome. I only have two battle maps at present- Chapter 1-1 and a special event battle against the only current 5-Star Heroic unit (where if the player wins, they get a copy of him for free without needing to summon him from the summoning). Let's just not go "Radiant Dawn" map sizes on the player- it is not like 8 or more Movement is the norm in this game- max movement without skills is 1-4 spaces a turn.
    These are the maps I currently have (the Harolds represent player starting positions):
    Chapter 1-1: Chapter1-1.png
    "Ultimate Legend Battle- Masked Man": UltimateLegendBattle-MaskedMan.png

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  5. DianteC

DianteC Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So fairly small maps.

6. DianteC

DianteC Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Battle Arena type stages. That's very doable.

7. DianteC

DianteC Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you have discord?

8. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DianteC Unfortunately I do not have Discord, but I do have Google+. You could also do PM's here.

9. DianteC

DianteC Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That works.

10. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bump. We could really use artists, primarily for Mozart, Clara, and Malus, if nothing else. Definitely can't launch without those three...

11. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bumping.

12. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bumping although V1.00 is near ready to launch-

What Is Currently Being Worked On Before V1.00 Can Launch:
    • Chapter 1-2 Map- @DianteC is working on this.
    • Bust Art for Clara, Mozart, and Malus- @Rhino is working on this.
    • Bust Art for the Myhtology Cosplay event units- I am currently working on this.

Rhino likes this.
  13. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bumping although V1.00 is near ready to launch-

What Is Currently Being Worked On Before V1.00 Can Launch:
    • Chapter 1-2 Map- @DianteC has completed this.
    • Bust Art for Clara, Mozart, and Malus- @Rhino is working on this. Clara is already done.
    • Bust Art for the Myhtology Cosplay event units- I have completed this (to the best of my ability).

Rhino likes this.
  14. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update: We now have some gameplay test footage

Also, thanks to @Rhino for finishing Mozart and Clara's busts, @NeoFantasy for do Mythology P's, and @Vanyar for doing Mythology Josh's- just need to finish eventing a few maps and databasing (since each star version of a unit is technically their own separate classes) to be near ready for launch.

starlight dream and Rhino like this.
  15. Muffel

Muffel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, I like where your project is going and it looks pretty interesting.
    1 thing I was wondering about those Star Ratings: 5 star, 5 star heroic and 5 star heroic mythical? Why not just 6 and 7 stars? or 5+ and 5++ or something like that?
    btw I think it's called cavalry, not calvary. ^^;
    and I don't like that armored units can't go through mountain terrain. Sounds illogical for me. =/
    But I'm still looking forward to it. =)

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    JtheDuelist likes this.
  16. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Muffel Honestly, I have played plenty a gacha game that have the 6 and 7 star concept, and can Honestly say it has been beat to death with a stick. This rating system is more of a homage and spinoff to Heroes's 5-Star Focus and Legendary 5-Star categories.

Yeah, I often misspell it to the point I may just call them "Animal" units instead and group any horseback-like units into it.

The armor and mountain works like this in logic: Armor units can't move very far because their armor weighs them down a lot (Movement of 1 compared to the lightweight Infantry's 2) It is very strenuous to go up a mountain, and takes more effort to go through (Movement -1 to simulate that). 1-1=0, which is why Armor units can't enter mountains.

Muffel likes this.
  17. Muffel

Muffel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yea, armored units might be slow, but why can't they even move if they chose the mountain path? That's what I don't get. Wouldn't they stay slow (which is still movement 1?) They should still be able to walk, even if it's slow..
    Ofc horses and such things slow down because it might be too dangerous for them if they go full speed, like walking/riding on the edge of some cliff and stuff like that...
    So if a unit is the slowest possible, can it get slowed down even more? I really think it's illogical.

About the rating:

If I would rate "a food that i really like" from 1 - 10 and I srsly love gratin, I would rate it 10 because it's the best and max limit that exists in this rating system.
    Now you give me something that I would even like more than gratin (original sweetened holy grail water from the legends), could I really rate it 10 heroic? Shouldn't it be 11, 10+ or switch gratin from 10 to 9 and that grail water gets 10? That's what I was thinking when I saw your rating.
    If something new, nothing from this earth, like an alien space pudding that would turn my mind around because it's so dayum delicious, even better than sweetened holy grail water - 10 heroic mythical?

Thoughts like these swirl around in my head, that's why it looks kind of hilarious to me. Sry for that. But I appreciate your open mind for that. It's nothing important to be honest, just my curiosity why you chose these rules/settings.

Edit: I googled heroe's 5 star focus and "Fire Emblem Heroes" appeared. I read through some reddit threads and it seems that "5 Star" and "5 Star Focus" is the same in stats, growth etc, the only difference is that the Focus ones can appear more often in a specific month (featured 5 stars so to say) in some kind of lottery draw system... which means every 5 star can essentially be a 5 star focus if the developer decides to feature them. I hope I understood that correctly.
    But that's something different from your game, right?

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  18. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh my... I totally forgot about this until I was looking through old project files and saw Rhino's art that was done for it. I plan on restarting this project but in a different engine. I'll try carrying over everything I can within the EULA rights to the new engine I plan on using for it so all that work isn't all lost.