RMMV Downfall FES Prologue: Fyrir Allt (One-Map Challenge Entry)

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by JtheDuelist, Apr 25, 2018.

1. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Fire Emblem Essentials MV Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Downfall FES Prologue Logo.png

Synopsis
    :
    Downfall FES Prologue: Fyrir Allt is the prologue chapter of the in-progress game Downfall FES Re:Boot. This game was made for the "One-Map Challenge". This game uses, as per challenge rules, 1 map, 10 events, 9 switches, and 5 variables. Due to these restrictions, this game may only take 5 minutes to complete to its entirety. This game has 5 puzzles and 1 boss fight.

Screenshots

FyrirAlltScreenshot1.png FyrirAlltScreenshot2.png FyrirAlltScreenshot3.png FyrirAlltScreenshot4.png FyrirAlltScreenshot5.png FyrirAlltScreenshot6.png

Download Link

https://jtheduelist.itch.io/downfallfesprologue

Proof My Game Fits The "One-Map Challenge" Rules
    Eligibility1.png Eligibility2.png Eligibility3.png Eligibility4.png Eligibility5.png Eligibility6.png Eligibility3.png

Canini likes this.
  2. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: The download link on the page will be down until I fix a game breaking error where the exe won't run. I should have a fix within 48 hours. Sorry for the inconveniences.

UPDATE 2: I think I fixed it, but not sure- just in case, I included an additional link that contains the source files as a alternative download option.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  3. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I decided to write about this game for my rpgmaker celebration on my blog. It is unfortunately in swedish but here is the cliff notes version of the review:

Please keep in mind that I have not played any other installment in your game series.
    - The combination of music and graphic made for a cozy sense of exploration.
    - The faces of the heroes were kinda samey, but the custom graphics for the sages were really cool. it kinda added to the game´s story that the graphical styles clashed a bit.
    -The gameplay wasn´t super-inspired, but the last battle had a perfect sense of challenge and difficulty
    - The game really set the scene for something bigger, with some tweaks in the gameplay I could definately see this as prologue material!
    - It was kinda silly that a log of wood stopped the protagonists from exiting the ruins, but not entering.

I naturally noted that this was a game made under the constraints of a contest.
    http://atspela.blogspot.se/2018/04/downfall-fes-prologue-fyrir-allt.html

JtheDuelist likes this.
  4. JtheDuelist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Canini It is fine that you haven't played other installments- as the only current one was on the 3DS's RPG Maker Fes Player (Which is where the "FES" in the series name comes from- first entry was made on RPG Maker Fes). I am actually in the midst of remaking the original, which I do have a demo for here. As for the questions, each one actually has a meaning to each character (in this case, Josh is fond of Norse mythology, P often says some crazy things that often become memorable, Blue has a way of doing stuff that seems odd to others, Alola is often never seen by others, and Dave is usually inspired by Japanese culture.) The main characters seemed similar because of constraints with the character generator- they were all made from the Kid section of the generator, and since there aren't very many parts for kids out there, that is why.

Canini likes this.