Download game's missing files

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I need a plugin or a method to make the game check if any files are missing when game is opened.

If there is any missing file, it would begin to download it automaticaly. It's something like (or it is a) patcher.

I think that this kind of plugin would make mobile developers life easier.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can't really do that except on desktop export. Mobile devices are restrictive by nature, they don't have a lot of buttons or screen space. We can't really download and write data for your game to the device like that, you need it to be installed through the app store for your device.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I mean something like unity's AssetBundles , or i think is called "incremental patch system" .

There are some games on playstore which is actually an updater, and when you start it, it will start downloading your files, or "apk expansion file". 

App store has a size limit, but if you have this system, you will be able to upload on store a file that is under 100mb and the rest will be downloaded automaticaly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.
In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bibopp