stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since the new forum was released I has been getting an annoying warning when I try downloading anything, it happens only in this forum and is making my downloads much slower:

1613274547518.png
Translation: dragon.png cannot be downloaded safely [Discard]

1613274677164.png
Translation: Save / More information

When I click on the "More information" option, it shows me this page:

It says the forum is a virus, malware, spam, and more!
(An we all know is not true!)

Are you having this issue?
If you are, which is your browser?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems like a security setting in your browser. I don't see any reason why a png download should be blocked or manually approved. I get it with .js files and .exe files, which I think is pretty normal.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I also think is very weird, look even when I try downloading the image in your signature:
1613275412882.png

Can you please try downloading any image and see if you get this warning?

Last edited:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've ran into the same oddity here too, only starting after the recent forums update. Also using Chrome here. Oddly enough, it doesn't always seem to happen. For example, saving the image from Shaz's signature causes the warning, but saving the image of Stramin posted above didn't cause the warning.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Change browser from chrome to opera or brave.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've ran into the same oddity here too, only starting after the recent forums update. Also using Chrome here. Oddly enough, it doesn't always seem to happen. For example, saving the image from Shaz's signature causes the warning, but saving the image of Stramin posted above didn't cause the warning.
Oh, you are totally right! Thank you for give me this info, I figured what is happening.

I just noticed there is an error on the console about it:

1613286727586.png

So, the problem is the SSL, when we try downloading a "non secure" (http) image using the "secure" (https) forum as intermediary, it warning us and try to convert it to https.

This is a problem because the most resources links on the forum were posted many years ago, when SSL was not mandatory.

I bet all the chromium browsers will have this problem in the future, including edge, opera, vivaldi, brave, and more.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I got the error when I tried to save my signature image. When I changed my sig to use https: for the image, I was able to download it without the error.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Come join us while we play Pocket Mirror by Astral Shift! :LZSjoy: Starting at 2PM ET today!
Tried changing profile icon but...It just felt weird, you know? Who would even want to talk to me if I didn't have this fat yellow rodent thing....Or whatever it is as a mascot....No one, that's who! I am nothing without it. NOTHING!!..
I am having such a good hair day but because it's thunderstorms all day I don't go out and as such nobody will see my hair >.< It's not often my hair cooperates!
Pretty much stopped posting in the progress thread cuz it feels like talking to the void, lol, so I've just been posting on IG instead. But someone finally liked my post there, lol. Dunno if I'll continue tho. Probably not xD

My game's progressing quite well. Just kinda stuck on mapping right now. Decided to go the side, slightly top down view route. I'm drawing everything from scratch for a personal touch uwu
Stomach isn't feeling too good last time. Perhaps something I ate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebasti4n2