downloading attachements "not available for your account"

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Suv, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Suv

Suv The average user Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    The title pretty much sums it up. Somewhere between yesterday and today I stopped being able to download attachments from the forum, for which I can't really find reason (unless I'm more blind than I thought or it's written in really fine print). The site that loads instead shows: "The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. Error code: 2C171/1".

Later, after realizing this, I found out I have another account on the forum somehow (creating which I honestly can't remember), which is also prevented from downloading attachments.

At this point I can't really prove I didn't make this account to bypass this hindrance other than that I logged onto that account after realizing I can't download from this one, so I can imagine I'm not looking very trustworthy.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    can you give us an example of such a link/post where you fail to download?

Sometimes the links are broken, sometimes a user has removed the resource from the storage due to personal space restrictions (that won't remove the link toit in the posts unfortunately), sometimes it's about external links and it can also be that the resource goes into a part of the forum where you don't have access (that has changed in the last week or so to solve other problems)

3. Suv

First Language:
    Polish
    So far the problem only occurs in the resources section, specifically

and

I haven't tested in other parts of forum but people usually use third party servers anyway (from what I saw).

I can accept being banned from downloading from that section... but I'd at least like to know the reason ^^'

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No - what I was talking about would have been something else - if you can see something in the forum, you should be able to download it. Only the older paid M+ area (and M+ is discontinued) and links to paid commissions would be blocked from you, the free resource area will never be blocked from us.

The first topic you linked has only one attachment and I had no problems with it. But just for confirmation - you can save the pictures by right-click and "save picture as", correct?

Because if that doesn't work, that is a problem in your browser that has nothing to do with the site software.

5. Suv

First Language:
    Polish
    Using Internet Explorer redirects me to the exact same page as using Firefox (my default browser), and while I can see the example images (and I'm able to download them) in

trying to download the .rar attachments either results in redirecting to the mentioned error page or downloading "attachment.php". And the images in that topic don't seem to have the path like a regular attachment.

As for the other topic, the images there are posted on photobucket and I have no problem in viewing those, contrary to any efforts in downloading attachments which end with the same result as the first case.

The attachments view on my side as blue, underlined hyperlinks, as they did when I was able to download them.

We could check if I can download other attachments, if you can help and point me in the direction of one that has a similar path structure.

Edit: And the same goes for Chrome. After a long wait "not available for your account".

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Then you'll probably have to wait until an admin has time to check your account settings - which might be a few days because everyone at Degica is currently very busy.

If none of them responds here in three or four days, please bump this topic to be checked again

7. Suv

First Language:
    Polish
    Welp, waiting game it is then.

Thanks for your help and attention ^^

8. DJGamer

DJGamer Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Just want to chime in and say I've been experiencing an identical issue. My only thoughts are that it's either some kind of glitch, or there's some kind of rule where I have to make a certain number of posts or something before being able to download attachments.

9. Suv

First Language:
    Polish
    I've been able to download right after making the account so it's probably the former. Or some anti-bot feature? No idea.

10. vico

vico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  11. sixtran

sixtran Villager Member

I have the same problem too, it's weird, don't know what to do.

12. mindragon

mindragon Villager Member

I just noticed that I also get the same error message.

I´ve tried with both Chrome and Firefox and I´m logged in on the site.

"The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.
    Error code: 2C171/1"

13. chip

chip Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Same Problem too on this Thread: 

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2016
  14. reichi

reichi Warper Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    I've same problem too when i tried to download attachment's files...  :unsure:

15. Purzelkater

Purzelkater cat as cat can Veteran

First Language:
    German
    As some others had reported, I have the same problem on some threads. Currently on MV Child Generator Parts (and some others too) :(

16. Servidion

Servidion Last Soul Keeper Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am also having this issue.

17. rockhub

rockhub Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Has anyone got this problem fix yet? Or know how to contact an admin?

18. Purzelkater

Purzelkater cat as cat can Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Well, I don't know if this problem was fixed by the staff but at the moment I can download attachments. Maybe the reason could be, now I have 30+ posts here and access to the classified/commercial section of the forum. Could it be, attachment download is linked to this right?

19. Suv

First Language:
    Polish

Well, as I wrote I was able to download with 0 posts for a while, but I've no idea.

Also, if accounts authorizations are tied to number of posts it would be nice if that wast mentioned somewhere. Or at least widely known so advanced members can give an answer for such issues instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  20. Nathanial

Nathanial Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi, could you please try downloading the attachments you were having issues with again, please? I found a few forums that had incorrect member group permissions, and have since fixed them. Thanks! :)