OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excellent video and thanks again for doing so. Caught a couple of bugs I should have time to fix. Once the game jam is over I'll go in and redo some stuff, mainly the text boxes. With all the text codes its really hard to tell where to cut off the text. I think I will write the dialogue first and then add the codes after from now on.

My original draft for the story was putting the game length way over the limit so I compressed some things. Like all the skills at once and the appearance of only 1 frogman, the tower (which is completely mapped with puzzles and events) was going to be full of them with a jellyfish man thing as a boss.

Once again, thank you so much for your time and I will be sure to include you in the credits in the next up date!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I've been neglecting my posts here, but I didn't stop so here are some videos from this month!

5 Games have been played and some finished and some I stopped for the moment:

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here give my game another whack you played it very early when i didnt have anything done at all. Elzas storyline is completely done with 4 different endings, 3 secrets and I believe 2 puzzles to get to the end. Leons is far from finished but it is worth at least looking at everything is different from when you first played besides a few maps so hope you have fun! Says you are looking for horror so you have found it. Just remember there are hidden secrets everywhere! muahahaha

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/resident-evil-1-5-fan-made-game.67390/

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did but don't worry I will re-download it!
fer sure thanks and ill get around to yours soon too just been working on all kinda stuff making tiles for someones game, playing games that were requested before you, making threads for useful tools and getting yelled at by gf for staying up late at same time. hard lyfe yo. jk

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dutch Power Creations I mean, the game is still in Early Access you kept ignoring the fact it's not full release yet and things such as graphics will change... I mean majority of the graphics are still placeholders. :rswt2:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tuomo L Well maybe you shouldn't put it out all over the place until it's nearer completion.

People can only comment on what is front of them, not what "might be" (or equally, given what's happened to some other Early Access games, what "might never be") in front of a future player. The LP'er has no definitive way of knowing what's a placeholder and what isn't.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L Well maybe you shouldn't put it out all over the place until it's nearer completion.

People can only comment on what is front of them, not what "might be" (or equally, given what's happened to some other Early Access games, what "might never be") in front of a future player. The LP'er has no definitive way of knowing what's a placeholder and what isn't.

But my game's complete game, it's just not finished. It's over 10 hours of total and playable gameplay. Calling for the game of this size and level of content for having 0 inconsitency when it's only version 0.04 of week after Early Access is literally not even what Early Access is about.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tuomo L Ignoring the contradiction between 'complete' but 'not finished', my point is that you made the choice to put it out while it still has placeholder graphics. I repeat - an LP'er can only comment on what is in front of them, not on some hypothetical graphics which may, or may not, appear later. They must stick to what is there.

It would be unjust to derail DPC's thread with more of this discussion. If you want to say anything further (though personally I don't think there is anything) then a pm would be more appropriate.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L Ignoring the contradiction between 'complete' but 'not finished', my point is that you made the choice to put it out while it still has placeholder graphics. I repeat - an LP'er can only comment on what is in front of them, not on some hypothetical graphics which may, or may not, appear later. They must stick to what is there.

It's not a contradiction at all. In fact, there was article about what Early Acccess even is. A game can literally be complete but not finished, there's a difference.

When we brought Hive Jump to Early Access, it was a complete game, but it wasn’t finished. The distinction I’m making between these two words is important. A complete game can be played from start to end, and preferably replayed many times over. A finished game contains all planned features, is relatively bug-free, and is refined like a fine wine. Hive Jump was a suitable couch co-op game when it launched on Early Access, but throughout that process we collaborated with our players to make Hive Jump shine.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Mat...9393/How_to_do_Early_Access_the_Right_Way.php

Again, if majority of the game is still placeholder graphics and the Early Access is literally meant to help make a better product for a consumer, instead of it being presented as is as finished product. It also helps me with funding of said graphics because the graphics are very costly.

Also, for the record the LP'er complained about no consistency in monsters when they were literally all by same person that he saw.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tuomo L I think you are confusing the function and criteria of Early Access with the function and criteria of a Let's Play. But as I said in my previous post, this is a derailment of DCP's thread, and should not be continued here. It would be discourteous to do so.

I am, therefore, asking that you continue this in a pm, if you feel you must, and not hijack this thread.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I got the pause Icon to use 6 frames instead of 4, PLUS it goes: top 1-2-3, bottom 1-2-3. And everything just by playing around with the code & i think i've figured the important parts out now <3
eUuH09A.gif

ps. the animation isn't as "wonky" in RL, stupid recording -.-
Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rick21