Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like it if you could take a look at my game if you have the time!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I'd like it if you could take a look at my game if you have the time!

I'll try to make time today to do both your games @BitBrosGames @Lilly and post them on youtube.

*Updated* Done:

Couldn't play your game Lilly, send you a DM

Last edited:

BitBrosGames

*Keeps ruminating*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
First of all, thanks so much for giving the game a try and taking the time to play it on your channel, although it's not quite the kind of game you like. :)
Thanks for your good words on the art, the mapping and such, and your advice to improve the game, which is always greatly appreciated! :kaopride:
The aim of the game is to let the player explore, find secrets, ask around for clues and have fun with it.​
About the story, yeah, I know it's not its strong point. It's intended as a parody on the genre, as you well remarked, but once you buy the initial premise that the game doesn't take itself very seriously —which many people don't do and it's perfectly ok, of course you can't be liked by everyone— little by little the underlying plot and the character's backstories become more relevant and evident, without forgetting it's a comedy, that is.​
You're right about the battle system, we've still got some more balancing to do in order to make battles more interesting. And your feedback will be very useful for this.​

Just a couple things:​
Selling the secrets doesn't affect anything at all, it's just a way to get some extra money if you don't care about being a completionist player.​
And, it's curious that you mentioned Grumblebee's design, there's a reason why it looks different and a bit scruffier than the other monsters, the thing is that it's based on a drawing of a good friend's little daughter: ^^​

12042974_539925689494733_1010115898006201910_n.jpg

Thank you so much again for your let's play video. It was great! :kaojoy:

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@8-BitNovels I'm downloading it now. I'll post a video up on my channel when I have time to record!

Here is my last session I recorded;

Metthink

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's what I was searching for!!! my game needs a stream like this. I would be plaesure if you record Heroes of Time or/and Tales of Ágaris (Two games in the same universe), but if you could make only Heroes of Time it would be awesome.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses

@Metthink Hey, I can't look at your game page? It says 'you do not have access to this game page'. Guessing you have linked it to your build page and not the actual game page?

As you already noticed, I mainly play games that need feedback. So if that is what you're searching for I'll help you out. I'm currently finishing up an offline review. Once that is done and I have time to record (and you send me the right link), I'll record your game and give you some feedback.

SMcNeill

Dark Dreamer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Since the last post here was back in April, I'm not certain if you're still doing these, but if you are, I'd love any insight you could give on my first attempt with RPG Maker. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AknUrv8RXVYMmusWFPyZ5AeGVn6YFw?e=vRR0aZ

(Build is for Windows development. How do most people share these? The build, or the whole project folder, so the reviewer can "peak behind the scenes" and see anything they might've missed?)

What we have here isn't anything more than what I'd consider to be the "Prologue" to the story, and I doubt gameplay will take any longer than half an hour to consume everything so far. Test it out, give it a try, and when you're all done, I'd particularly like feedback on the plot and characters. Is there enough background here for a player to develop a feel for the characters, and to relate to their story? Or do I need a few more little episodes of "stuff they did as a child" to help highlight the bonds between the two, so a player can resonate with them and all the changes which will happen to that bond in the future.

Last edited:

SMcNeill

Dark Dreamer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Many thanks for taking time to run through the first few minutes of gameplay Dutch. It's really helpful when you can watch other people's play style and see where various glitches pop up that don't occur when self-testing. There were several little things I noticed with your play which I'd never noticed before:
When choosing to go back inside to check on your mother's chores, Nat should auto-join the party, but something apparently didn't work correctly with that.

When playing tag, the move speed should be increased by a few times, but I didn't see that increase as well.

Towards the end, when the confusing text popped up about going back after the end of the battle, I'm actually baffled about it. The game has a script running in the background where Nat complains about being tired and low on magic, and she wants to go home while exploring, but I'm astounded to see it somehow pop up in the midst of the after-battle dialog. Something definitely went wrong there, for that to trigger, so I'll have to look into setting a flag, or some such, to make certain that the event won't trigger like that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're playing another Touch the Stars game jam entry, come join us! :D
Ok is telling someone that their drawing isnt good rude
I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StaciaStay