Dragon ball z: The legacy of goku 2.

Jordan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English.
Primarily Uses
Is there any battle system like it, that has been released (Or in dev) yet?

I've been yearning to create my very own DBZ game, and feel that it's an essential piece to the game to have a battle system like it (or awfully similar).

I'm not too fond of Sapphire's battle style, possibly because when you attack there's no animation (besides the line of which your char attacked), there's a mini cool down between attacks which can become very annoying and most importantly, the numbers that appear over your chars head when you hit them. Oh.My.fricking.Gosh I hate that.

But yeah, if there's any battle system like it out there please do inform me via PM or posting.

**Note: If this was posted in the wrong section, mods please move it, if it's truly bothersome to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Could you also please elaborate what kind of system Dragon ball z: The legacy of goku 2 has. Post a video or another reference.

Jordan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English.
Primarily Uses
Skip to 1:20 to see the fighting style I desperately ask for.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Seems like you could use any of the existing ABS scripts around and just tweak it a bit and you could pull this off easy.

Jordan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English.
Primarily Uses
Seems like you could use any of the existing ABS scripts around and just tweak it a bit and you could pull this off easy.
Oh that's splendid to hear.

BTW, I'm creating a kind of hybrid version of DBZ and final fantasy, with my own story of course. It'll take a while if I do it alone, do you just so happen to know anyone who's perfected this style of battle (or a dbz game in general) that's willing to help?

Shablo5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Jordan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English.
Primarily Uses
So anyone know how to modify an ABS to imitate DBZ the legacy of goku 2's battle system (see the video I posted to see what the system is like).

Really want to make this DBZ game..

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe if you provided the sprites first. No one's going to create their own fighting sprites just to figure out how to get them to work.

Jordan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English.
Primarily Uses
Guys,I'm really in need of a method for this if it's possible.

I don't meant to seem pushy or rude, just kind of frustrated with the program and me not knowing how to set this up myself..

But.Here's some sprites to work with if you will.

I took the background off of the sheets beforehand..

-removed-

There's many more, these are just my favorites in particular.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We do not allow people to post ripped sprites here. If you want someone to help you out, you can PM these.

Jordan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English.
Primarily Uses
We do not allow people to post ripped sprites here. If you want someone to help you out, you can PM these.
My apologies, I didn't know.

May I ask, do you guys have any attacking sprites that are compatible with SAS's ABS?

I know all sprites can pretty much run his ABS, but I'm asking if there's any sprites here that have frames showing the sprite attacking (if that makes any sense at all).

MooshraKun

Making Dreams Stand Up
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lokota
So is are they just fist fighters in your or more like swords and guns? I might be able to provide a few.

Jordan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English.
Primarily Uses
So is are they just fist fighters in your or more like swords and guns? I might be able to provide a few.
It honestly doesn't matter in the slightest. As long as the sprites have attacking frames, I'm 100% satisfied.

I just hate the fact that with Sas's ABS system the sword comes out of no where, which makes the whole system look awkward in general.

Provide any if you can, I'll happily accept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have to make a custom tree for my FSM game and I'm nervous I won't get it right.
Finally got the tablet picture! :LZSsmile:
Working hard on my Mode7 interiors in between calls at work!
A good idea rise a moment before falling asleep, and survive the second coffee the day next morning.
Playtesting for Battle Castle is done, demo time for me was roughly 6 hours and 20 minutes. I'm going to pass it on to a few friends first, and after getting some feedback will be posting an official topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nalkam