Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So of course, my game needs a battle system like the one in dragon quest 3 for nes. I searched for a while but found nothing, so i'm asking here. Here are some screenshots of what i need.
dragon-warrior-iii-nes-screenshot-battle.gifDW3-013-012.pngdw320.png
I'd like the player names in the HUD to be the actor nicknames, like in the original. The window showing the actors should be at the top in the same place as the screenshots and have the same layout with the numbers. The message log should be at the same place and size as the screenshors, and the skill and item menus should be two columns the same size as it.

Beside the actor command window, i want the same window that shows the enemy names and amounts. I also don't want the skill mp cost to be shown so it can be accurate to the original. Lastly, i want the whole thing to be compatitle with the Word Wrap function of Yanfly's Message Core. I hope this gets made (Preferably before march 15th because i want to submit this game for the release something challenge)!

Last edited:

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump. I hope this request doesn't become one i bump 12 times and it doesn't get made...

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How exactly is this different from the front-view system included with MV? You can control what the player names and nicknames are, and both Victor Engine and Yanfly have battle status window plugins that can probably do what you want for how battle messages are displayed.

Check those out, then if they don't do what you want, bump with a description of what you'd need to be different.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which Victor Engine and Yanfly plugins are they? And is there a way to show the nicknames instead of the names on the battle hud?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gave you the names in my prior post: battle status window. Google that with the plugin authors and you'll find them immediately.

Look at what the plugins allow you to do...I'd be amazed if neither allowed you to customize the names shown. If not, that would be a simple plugin request on your part.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh i'm blind. i'll go check them out and return if they don't work.

EDIT: They didn't really work out. I'll edit the main post.

Last edited:

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This may be a job better placed in Classifieds, as I think there are few folks who would make a battle HUD for free.

Also, as a point of correction, no version of DQ3 uses nicknames for the party members. There's just ever only enough room on the screen for four letters of each name, so it grabs the first four letters of the names you put in.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, as a point of correction, no version of DQ3 uses nicknames for the party members. There's just ever only enough room on the screen for four letters of each name, so it grabs the first four letters of the names you put in.
That came from me - he originally wanted to display a word other than the character's name, so I suggested making use of the actor's nickname field. If it ends up going full custom HUD, of course, that can just get coded in.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:
I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection
Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaterIce455