Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So some monsters in my game summon other monsters of their type. I've tried HIME's summon enemies plugin, but it's inconvenient for the thing i want to do. Is there a plugin that lets enemies summon backup, add them to the troop, and automatically align the monsters so they don't overlap? Also maybe a feature that adds a limit to the amount of monsters that can be summoned at once, since i don't want the troops to have more than 4 enemies.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you accept a limit of a total of eight enemies (original plus summoned), then it is better to event the summoning. The reason for the plugins and scripts is only to pass that limit.

for evented summons, make the troop with both the original and to be summoned troops, drag them where you want them on the screen.
then right-click the enemies to be summoned and set them to appear halfway.

now you can use either troop events or skills with common events to make those enemies appear later in the fight. Multiple waves are trickier to do than having everyone hidden appear at the same time, and each enemy can only appear once - that is what creates the total limit.

but if that limit works for you, you'll have better control than with a plugin.

freakytapir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest using Himeworks Enemy Reinforcements plugin.

https://himeworks.com/2015/11/enemy-reinforcements-mv/

It works like you expect. It lets you summon a specified Troop into battle with a plugin command, or a specific enemy within a troop. It also lets you Check if any summoned enemies are still alive, or if a specific spawned enemy is still alive.

It spawns the enemies on the location they would have in their original troop, so to not have enemies overlap, just arrange the enemies to be summoned so they won't overlap the originals. Then just event it so they won't re-summon them until they are dead, so as not to overlap with themselves.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest using Himeworks Enemy Reinforcements plugin.

https://himeworks.com/2015/11/enemy-reinforcements-mv/

It works like you expect. It lets you summon a specified Troop into battle with a plugin command, or a specific enemy within a troop. It also lets you Check if any summoned enemies are still alive, or if a specific spawned enemy is still alive.

It spawns the enemies on the location they would have in their original troop, so to not have enemies overlap, just arrange the enemies to be summoned so they won't overlap the originals. Then just event it so they won't re-summon them until they are dead, so as not to overlap with themselves.
That's the exact plugin i DIDN'T want to use, since it was inconvenient. I wanted the enemies to use a skill to summon, not events. Eventing in general for something like this is very inconvenient for me.

freakytapir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's the exact plugin i DIDN'T want to use, since it was inconvenient. I wanted the enemies to use a skill to summon, not events. Eventing in general for something like this is very inconvenient for me.
So using a skill that uses a Common event that calls the plugin commands of that plugin isn't an option? (Tested this myself, and works nicely).

Then it's just a simple skill that calls a common event that makes the enemy, marked as appear halfway(Right click the enemy annd select Appear Halfway), appear. (Event Commands > 3rd tab >Battle >Enemy Appear).

But yeah, it's going to require an event somewhere in the loop.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So using a skill that uses a Common event that calls the plugin commands of that plugin isn't an option? (Tested this myself, and works nicely).

Then it's just a simple skill that calls a common event that makes the enemy, marked as appear halfway(Right click the enemy annd select Appear Halfway), appear. (Event Commands > 3rd tab >Battle >Enemy Appear).

But yeah, it's going to require an event somewhere in the loop.
Wouldn't that cause a suspicious blank spot where the enemies would be? And that would mean there'd be limited enemies that could spawn. I want the enemies to be able to call for backup as many times as they want and spawn infinite enemies, but only when there's less than four monsters on screen.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:
My imagination works faster than my development process. At least, I can take pleasure in treating it as an adventure. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poumtica