Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello.

I'm coming today to send with the world a new plugin.

As the title says, this plugin has as goal to reproduce the complex system of Dragon quest Monster series. It allows many things like :

- The addition to usable skills of two new skills : Tension and Recruit. The first allows the user to let out its action, to boost the second action, the second skill allows to recruit monsters encountered in battle, at the condition where the monster has a level.

- Job points system : actors gains job points by item or during level up. These job points are usable directly by a new system which is...

- Skillset system : Any actor can master any skillset once obtained, and allows to learn skill, gain bonus parameter, level up resistance and also obtain a special type skill which is...

- Attributes system : As traits, these attributes are always active and give some bonus to the user. The difference is that these attribute can have many effects and can be learned by skillset or after...

- Synthesis system : Choose two members of your team, sacrifice them to obtain a new member, more powerful and keeping skillsets and some attributes for its parents. the same classic synthesis as Dragon quest is reproduced in this plugin, but you can also define special synthesis formula. These formulas can even be assymetric : you can create special synthesis to 2 members, or 4 members like the original game, but also define synthesis between 3, 5, 6, 7 or 8 monsters and so forth...

- Booklist system : For a so complex system, it's necessary to have some quick note to read. This plugin add 3 books usable in the main menu of the game : one for monsters, a second for attribute and the third to discover all skillsets.

- Enemy classes, level system : In order to correspond to the Dragon quest Monster series system, it is necessary to simplify the actor, classes and enemies system. That's why each of these are linked by this plugin : an actor has always a class, but a class = a monster. To keep a maximum of free, you can define the level of monsters encountered in the game, according to the map where you're during the battle. But boss battles are also available : it suffices to define the troop as not concerned by the level of the map, and the game keep datas from database, allowing battles against enemies with high HP

- Random encounters : You can also, to multiply the lifetime of your game, set random encounters : at each time, the game define randomly a team of monsters to beat them.

- Automatic attack : You can, with this plugin, give at your members, simple strategies to follow, and select 'Auto Battle' in party or actor command : your members follows the selected strategy and launchs the best available attacks.

And this plugins let the creator extremely free : the influence of tension, the selection of monster for encounter randoms by map, multiple learning of skills by skillset, multiple attacks per turn...

It's been 8 months I've worked on this plugin. Even it isn't so perfect, it works very good, and that's the main success.

I'm so proud to produce a similar system to the best RPG game of all times. But i would be more proud if that helps anyone to create his own game.

All explanations of this plugins are given in the help window. I speak French at birth (you'll see quickly, as default parameter are all in french), but the explanations are in English. Don't worry, I've worked so hard to explain all details.

Moreover, a simplified version is available here, to add only the skill Tension in your game.

Have fun, that's the main point ;)

View attachment DQM_plugin.js

View attachment DQM_tension_plugin.js

Last edited by a moderator:

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The joys of seeing a game that got me gaming in a community...even it's just a title. Anyway we could get some screen shots? 

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
The joys of seeing a game that got me gaming in a community...even it's just a title. Anyway we could get some screen shots? 

I also agree !!! or maybe even a demo saw how many things your offers this interesting plugin !!!

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I also agree !!! or maybe even a demo saw how many things your offers this interesting plugin !!!
I will try to make a demo... with some battlers from Aekashics, to show that it's possible even with other monsters !

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I will try to make a demo... with some battlers from Aekashics, to show that it's possible even with other monsters !

Thanks ... I appreciate it a lot !!! :guffaw: Your plugin I like and I need a lot since I am a big fan of the Dragon Quest series !!! :D I can not wait to try your demo !!! :D

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'll already make the point about the demo (and I'll make it once a week), in order that you know what I've already done, what I must do, and how many days you have to wait to try this demo :

- Enemies : 90% (I've already defined all enemies, but I've also defined the particular parameters for bosses and story battles. This demo contains 50 monsters)

- Armors : 100% (this game don't have any armors, but no concern : this plugin is not uncompatible with this)

- Weapons : 100%

- Status : 100% (for this demo, I keep the base status of rpg maker)

- Skills : 80%

- Classes : 20% (lacks parameters definition, attributes, skillsets, etc...)

- Story : 0%

- Map : 0%

But, for this week, the demo won't advance a lot. In fact, with this demo, I've planned to launch a new version of this plugin. This version fixes some bugs, adds some parameters to define the minimum evasion rate and hit rate for any battler, and added a new fonctionnality : the party formation system, a bit like the Yanfly plugin, but adapted to be like the system used in Dragon Quest Monsters Series.

See you later !

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I'll already make the point about the demo (and I'll make it once a week), in order that you know what I've already done, what I must do, and how many days you have to wait to try this demo :

- Enemies : 90% (I've already defined all enemies, but I've also defined the particular parameters for bosses and story battles. This demo contains 50 monsters)

- Armors : 100% (this game don't have any armors, but no concern : this plugin is not uncompatible with this)

- Weapons : 100%

- Status : 100% (for this demo, I keep the base status of rpg maker)

- Skills : 80%

- Classes : 20% (lacks parameters definition, attributes, skillsets, etc...)

- Story : 0%

- Map : 0%

But, for this week, the demo won't advance a lot. In fact, with this demo, I've planned to launch a new version of this plugin. This version fixes some bugs, adds some parameters to define the minimum evasion rate and hit rate for any battler, and added a new fonctionnality : the party formation system, a bit like the Yanfly plugin, but adapted to be like the system used in Dragon Quest Monsters Series.

See you later !

Very good!!! :guffaw: you made many advances !!! :guffaw: Come on, you are already well under way !!! ;)

I appreciate very much your commitment and dedication !!! :D I can not wait to try the demo !!! :guffaw: I'll wait!!! ;)

Dragonslinger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do you change the actor's battler for FV battles? The whole plugin is amazing tho! I love Dragon quest monster games!

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
How do you change the actor's battler for FV battles? The whole plugin is amazing tho! I love Dragon quest monster games!
As in Dragon Quest Monsters, actors' classes and enemies are the same thing. That's why they share the same battler sprite.

Then, to define the actor's battler, you have to :

1) Define the battler sprite for a enemy

2) Add in the "Remark" block of this enemy, the following comment

<IS CLASS OF x>

where x is the n° of the class of your actor.

If you have some questions, don't hesitate ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

dgo1980

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
god job,if you have time can you make a demo?I think this script have everything i wanted thankyou. :)

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
god job,if you have time can you make a demo?I think this script have everything i wanted thankyou. :)
That's planned, and about this, here is the news about the advancement for this demo.

Classes: 30% (I've only defined face sprite for each classes)

Others: As previous week

I know: I've not advanced since last week, but this is for enhance the plugin, and for this, it's finished to 60%. The formation window to change members of your team is ready and I've only define how to swap members each others with this window, in addition to some bugs fixes and command plugin to add.

Normally, after this week, this demo will really advance a lot.

See you later !

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello. Now is the time for saying how the demo advances :

Plugin : 99% (maybe some adding, but the main changes are finished !)

Classes : 40% (all classic and special synthesis are defined)

Skills : 100%

Attributes : 85% (the main attributes are already defined, but it lacks some of them...)

And that's all. But for the next week, I hope to finish to define attributes and skillsets, and also gives to each monster its attributes and default skillsets.

See you later ! :p

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hello. Now is the time for saying how the demo advances :

Plugin : 99% (maybe some adding, but the main changes are finished !)

Classes : 40% (all classic and special synthesis are defined)

Skills : 100%

Attributes : 85% (the main attributes are already defined, but it lacks some of them...)

And that's all. But for the next week, I hope to finish to define attributes and skillsets, and also gives to each monster its attributes and default skillsets.

See you later ! :p

Bravo !!! ... keep it up !!! ;) ... I'm looking forward to the demo is finally over !!! :guffaw:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Only came across this now, but thus seems very interesting! Looking forward to the demo, definitely following this topic :)

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll be waiting for the demo :p  

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
OK, then, as each Monday, this is the recap of demo evolution :

Enemies : 100% !!! (Yes, param max, skillsets default, attributes, resistances and resistances up by synthesis... all is defined !)

Objects : 25% (Just add some supplementary objects, and this is sufficient)

Map : 0% (this is the last main step of this demo...)

Translation : 0% (Yes, for now, I create this demo in my first language, the French, but once it's finished, I've translated all texts in English, that's a promise.)

Seeing that this demo has advanced a lot, I can say some things about this demo :

1) I warn you : this game will be probably easy, because I'll define the inheritance of stats by synthesis to 100% (but no panic : this is a parameter of the plugin : then, you can change this percentage to 50% or less)

2) This game will contain 3 main spots : the first of them is a road of monsters defined as usually in RPG Maker, by classic troops. The second is a road where all enemy troops are randomly generated. Finally, the third spot take the form of a tournament of several battles, with either classic troops selected randomly, or troops randomly generated. At the end of each spots, a boss will be against you, and this is the only battle always defined in all cases. And all spots will be unlocked at the start of the demo.

3) I can already say you that this game contains 50 monsters, mastering 33 attributes and each of them can learn 19 differents skillsets. These monsters can use 3 weapon types, and 3 element attacks. And you'll have 1 battle team, 1 supplementary team to exchange with the battle team in the map, and 100 places in your stockage system, Finally, the synthesis system with the book menus are available only in the city, with the help of a NPC.

Then, good week and at next Monday.

Bye.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Seems very promising! It would be great to be able to do an old-school dragon quest game in rpgmaker. I promised myself I would not be distracted by neat stuff this month, but I will definately check it out later :)

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello, summary of the demo advancement... started !!!

Objects: 100% (that's finished, now !!!)

Map: 10% (the map of the town is created... but it remains map of shops, arena + dungeons and road to these)

Now, this is the part which evolves not so quickly... Then, you have to wait a little longer than for others parts.

But we can !!!

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hum Hum... good night, everyone, let's start the advancement of the demo :

Map: 40% (the city is totally built, same thing for the arena and the first map for one of the road... even if I have tested nothing for now...)

Then, I hope to finish one of the roads I've imagined some weeks ago.

To next week !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyBrowney