Dragon Quest Monsters synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how to make a synthesis plugin like in dragon quest monsters? Basically, you choose two actors (parents) from your party (that are above level 10), then choose another actor (child) to create from a list of 5 (including the two actors you chose at the start).
Then, it quarters both of the parent actors's base stats, and then they are averaged to make the new actor's stats (say, one parent has 100 hp, and another has 200, the child will have 75 hp at level 1)

If you need more info, here's a guide that explains this all better than i ever will:

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The thing is, MV doesn't consider an actor has stats, but stat modifiers instead, and stats come from class, level and equipment. A breeding system if was default possible, would make a child with 0 in every stat, then get the stats from the class applied.
Then again, if you want to breed classes, MV reads the saved Classes.json at the start, then applies it to characters. Even if you save the new bred class, the new class won't have any stats after the game loads.
This doesn't mean the script can't be done, but it's a huge overhaul over the system, meaning, it's unlikely someone will take it for free, and quite prone to fails and being unstable.

Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This was done before with the Dragon Quest Monsters plugin, but yeah, I'll probably pay someone professional to make it so it isn't unstable.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitoBooni