Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i want my game to have the same message text scroll style as dragon quest. Instead of the default, i want the first message to show up, and when the player presses enter, the second message appears below the first message and scrolls up until it replaces the first message.

I'd put a gif of how the text scrolls here, but i can't find one. So, just check out a video of any DQ game to see what i'm referring to. Also, if it is possible to keep it compatible with Yanfly's word wrap, that would be nice! I think this should be easy!

EDIT: Wrong flair...

EDIT 2: Since Kristina and Kenen (and nobody else) told me i should get a visual example, here are a few.

Last edited:

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd put a gif of how the text scrolls here, but i can't find one. So, just check out a video of any DQ game to see what i'm referring to.

You—the person requesting this—can’t find a visual example... but you’re expecting the person fulfilling this request to go on a scavenger hunt for it?

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's the easiest thing ever. If you're not gonna say anything productive, don't say anything at all.
You—the person requesting this—can’t find a visual example... but you’re expecting the person fulfilling this request to go on a scavenger hunt for it?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's the easiest thing ever, why don't you simply write it? You have a trend (at least as I've seen your posts in the past week or so) of asking other people to do work for you, then having a very rude attitude in return.

What Kenen said is exactly on point - no one here has telepathy. Why would they take the time to write you a plugin for your game on the chance that you're going to say, "No, dummy, it's supposed to look like this!" It's up to you to be precise in your request and to be polite to the people you're asking favors of.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, the easiest thing ever was looking for the video. not writing the plugin. if writing had really been THAT easy i would've done it. The thing is, not everyone knows how to code, and i am one of those.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The point stands - if finding a video of what you want is the easiest thing ever, the onus is on you to provide it when you're making your request; not for you to ask people both to do the writing work for you and do the research of what you want it to look like.

Any person doing commissions will tell you that - so when Kenen gives you advice on how to make your requests better (thus more likely to get a response), you telling him to shut up is rude.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to provide a link, video or picture that tells us what you want or explain what you want better. Don't expect people to search for things so they can help you.

You said yourself, finding the video is easy so find the video and give us it. You're being quite rude...

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to provide a link, video or picture that tells us what you want or explain what you want better. Don't expect people to search for things so they can help you.

You said yourself, finding the video is easy so find the video and give us it. You're being quite rude...
oh, ok. i'll edit the post right away

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm also interested in this thread because I also love Dragon Quest. It's a shame Square-Enix didn't released any collection of the old games on Steam yet. Dragon Quest XI is too heavy for my system, but the old games (if released with humble systems in mind) I surely would purchase to play.

@Mooshry about the example videos, there's a feature on Youtube that let's you "share" the video on the exact point you want. You can pick the right moment where the dialog appears to show others what you want them to know. ;) :thumbsup-right:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT 2: Since Kristina (and nobody else) told me i should get a visual example, here are a few.
...really? What is the point of saying this? When everyone reading can see the entire thread so far is three people telling you the exact same thing, this really comes across as childish.

Whatever - good luck with your request.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.
So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZakkWylde86