Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Introduction
"Good morrow!" I am the lead developer of a small Dragon Quest fan-MMO and recently switched to the RPG Maker (MMOMV) engine to save some programming time due to it already containing the Turn-Based Battles I seek. (Cause it was gonna be pesky coding an entire Battle System in C# wellps)

But, alas! Although we have some nice custom artwork, nice custom music, nice custom writing.........there's something we lack. And that's the blips, bleeps, and boops of sound effects! Now just how are we supposed to make it Quest-y without some DQ-esque SFX (I am strictly against using RIPs of other people's works, do not ask me to RIP assets. All of the games I lead's assets are made from scratch/use freeworks. ^^; )

About The Game
Dragon Quest Epics is a roleplay-encouraging fan-made MMORPG based upon the world in Dragon Quest Yuusha Abel Densetsu, which is an anime derived from the popular Dragon Quest game series.

Players will be able to "live a Dragon Quest fantasy life" while participating in a plot that reacts to player input due to the roleplay nature of the game. Good, Evil, Neutral: Be whoever you want! Bend a knee to the evil Demon King Baramos of the Estark Empire, or eke out a simpler existence in the human settlement of Ariahan. Relationships can be cultivated with NPCs which change their reactions to you based both on Alignment and Personal Interactions. Special events, in which the main cast are controlled by roleplayers, can call upon players to interact in order to mold the world. Trade, craft, fish, ranch monsters, entertain, etc. while choosing between a variety of job classes. This is your Dragon Quest life.

Current Team
  • Me: Lead Dev, Eventer, 2D (non-pixel) Artist, UI Artist
  • QueenMarisela: 2D (non-pixel) Artist
  • DeathWater/KawaiihawtKing: Pixel Artist
  • High Priestess of Rhone: Writer
  • SilksAngel: Writer
  • Lucia: Writer, (potential Map Artist)
  • Exias: Composer
  • A Fervid Darkness: SFX Designer
  • Kl3r1k-Summ0n3r: Planner
  • HargonsSugar: Planner
  • TheShadowHatter: Voice Actor (Abel possibly? Testing voices.)
  • Yeseylon: Voice Actor (potentially)

Sample of WIP Artworks Here
Sample of Musics Here

(Sorry for 0 screenshots. We just started moving over to MV for the game so pardon the dust and lack of screenies!)

Positions Needed
  • SFX Designer: (Highest priority) We seek a collection of sound effects similar to Dragon Quest (you can search Dragon Quest videos on YouTube to hear samples) for use in this game. From menu to battle SFX, we're looking to get the entire bit! You may use or sell them to others, but we just need some tailored for this project.
  • Voice Acting: (High priority) In our test we'd also like to include some voice acting to try it out and see if that's an avenue we'd like to go down. We're most interested in getting a voice identical/close to Demon King Baramos and a voice identical/close to Hargon.
  • (potentially filled?) 2D Artist (Map): (Lower priority) This may be a shot in the dark, but I'd like some "hand-drawn type" maps of each area to work from as a blueprint for the in-engine artists mapping. I'd also use those images for "maps" players can look at in-game if they find or purchase a map.
  • Organizer/PR?: (Lower priority) I often have my hands full trying to do back-end stuff so someone who likes to help me organize during periods where I'm busy would be much appreciated! This includes taking others ideas and writing them in a clear/concise way, making lists, updating tasks, and maybe helping with the website(s) and social media (Twitter, FB, Wikia databases).
Please include samples when showing interest! It's hard for me to choose based upon word alone.

I hope this thread was clear and sufficient enough. I can be forgetful, so do tell me if I miss anything! Thankies.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think I ought to point out that no one, not even devs with a lot of experience of using MV, has managed to make a MMO with that engine.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think I ought to point out that no one, not even devs with a lot of experience of using MV, has managed to make a MMO with that engine.
Really? Are you saying that the MMOMV wouldn't work as what I need (they seem to be progressing quickly as far as I am aware), or something else?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What I am saying is first, I have never heard of the engine RPG Maker MMOMV, only MV. Second, that although several people have made attempts at creating an MMO in MV no one, afaik, has yet succeeded.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What I am saying is first, I have never heard of the engine RPG Maker MMOMV, only MV. Second, that although several people have made attempts at creating an MMO in MV no one, afaik, has yet succeeded.
It's a series of plug ins developed in the Plug In Releases here. Though so far with my testing it needs a bit more to go, but it has effectively allowed me to connect testing maps and play them multiple players, while keeping the battle system I liked (simple turn based). I moved over to MV (MMOMV) for the battle system alone, as the rest of my proposed MMO is MOSTLY things I was doing in an eventing based system (and just a bit of extra coding) like what MV has anyway, and this saves me a lot of coding work. ^ u^ ("work smarter, not harder")

That leaves me room to pursue my coding ventures for other things.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
:kaopride: SFX Designer found. Other positions still open. Initial post updated.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Team updated, still searching for those specific voices to test out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"stats" in game term is short for "statistic", yet people keep referring it as "status".... =_=
i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alomoes