Demon Lord Lady
- Jan 11, 2020
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Introduction"Good morrow!" I am the lead developer of a small Dragon Quest fan-MMO and recently switched to the RPG Maker (MMOMV) engine to save some programming time due to it already containing the Turn-Based Battles I seek. (Cause it was gonna be pesky coding an entire Battle System in C# wellps)
About The GameDragon Quest Epics is a roleplay-encouraging fan-made MMORPG based upon the world in Dragon Quest Yuusha Abel Densetsu, which is an anime derived from the popular Dragon Quest game series.
Players will be able to "live a Dragon Quest fantasy life" while participating in a plot that reacts to player input due to the roleplay nature of the game. Good, Evil, Neutral: Be whoever you want! Bend a knee to the evil Demon King Baramos of the Estark Empire, or eke out a simpler existence in the human settlement of Ariahan. Relationships can be cultivated with NPCs which change their reactions to you based both on Alignment and Personal Interactions. Special events, in which the main cast are controlled by roleplayers, can call upon players to interact in order to mold the world. Trade, craft, fish, ranch monsters, entertain, etc. while choosing between a variety of job classes. This is your Dragon Quest life.
- Me: Lead Dev, Eventer, 2D (non-pixel) Artist, UI Artist
- QueenMarisela: 2D (non-pixel) Artist
- DeathWater/KawaiihawtKing: Pixel Artist
- High Priestess of Rhone: Writer
- SilksAngel: Writer
- Lucia: Writer, (potential Map Artist)
- Exias: Composer
- A Fervid Darkness: SFX Designer
- Kl3r1k-Summ0n3r: Planner
- HargonsSugar: Planner
- TheShadowHatter: Voice Actor (Abel possibly? Testing voices.)
- Yeseylon: Voice Actor (potentially)
Sample of Musics Here
(Sorry for 0 screenshots. We just started moving over to MV for the game so pardon the dust and lack of screenies!)
SFX Designer : (Highest priority) We seek a collection of sound effects similar to Dragon Quest (you can search Dragon Quest videos on YouTube to hear samples) for use in this game. From menu to battle SFX, we're looking to get the entire bit! You may use or sell them to others, but we just need some tailored for this project.
- (potentially filled?) 2D Artist (Map): (Lower priority) This may be a shot in the dark, but I'd like some "hand-drawn type" maps of each area to work from as a blueprint for the in-engine artists mapping. I'd also use those images for "maps" players can look at in-game if they find or purchase a map.
- Organizer/PR?: (Lower priority) I often have my hands full trying to do back-end stuff so someone who likes to help me organize during periods where I'm busy would be much appreciated! This includes taking others ideas and writing them in a clear/concise way, making lists, updating tasks, and maybe helping with the website(s) and social media (Twitter, FB, Wikia databases).
I hope this thread was clear and sufficient enough. I can be forgetful, so do tell me if I miss anything! Thankies.