Dragon's Dogma Corner

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by hyde9318, Jul 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone! After the wild success of Pokemon Corner, I kept thinking to myself something. In the video games section, we have small topics about just near every hit game out there, but most topics touch on one single point of that game and die out quickly. The reason Pokemon Corner thrived is because it is a general discussion about a broad topic, but it still talks about a single game. My idea is to bring that kind of thread to other games and create (if it catches on hopefully) somewhat of a sub-category of threads known as 'Game Corners'. Each game corner is based around a particular game and gives people the chance to come together and discuss anything about that game that they wish. My reasoning here is that by creating different 'Game Corner' threads, people can meet other members who enjoy the same games as they do, as well as kind of cut down on the number of random threads dealing with the same games. Game Corners will be marked with a "Game Corner" tag so that they are easily found (unless the staff wishes me to not do the tagging, in which plans will change).

So, to begin building on to what started with the Pokemon Corner, I bring you all the 'Dragon's Dogma Corner'.​

Here at the Dragon's Dogma Corner, we will provide a place for all members to come and chat about one of Capcom's newest and best attempts at a Western Styled RPG. On top of that, we will also be opening a special section called the DDC Classifieds where members can put up either an ad to sell their pawns off to other players, or can put up a wanted ad to find someone with a special kind of pawn that they may be looking for.

To find the classifieds, please scroll down to the next few posts. The first post is reserved for Xbox360 players while the second is for PS3 players.

Dragon's Dogma (and furthermore DD: Dark Arisen) is a Western Styled RPG (also known for being a Action Role-Playing Video Game) that was developed and published by Capcom, particularly for the PS3 and Xbox360. It was released in North America on May 22, 2012, in Japan and Australia on May 24, 2012 and in Europe on May 25, 2012. It features an Open-World Fantasy setting, similar to games like the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and takes inspirations from games such as Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry, and Monster Hunter (along with, again, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim). It was met with a fairly high reception around the world and almost instantly the fans cried for more.

On April 23rd, 2013, a full expansion to the game was released to the world on the Xbox360 and the PS3. This expansion is titled Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, and has met nearly as high marks as the vanilla game by itself (even though the expansion included the original game upon purchase).

Alright everyone, let the topic begin! See you all soon (hopefully).

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  2. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Here is where you can place an ad for the game. You can do anything from ask for specific pawns, to attempt to sell your pawn to other people, to even possibly attempt to sell off some items you have spare like rare weapons. To place an ad, fill out an ad template in a post, and when the thread is updated, it will be added to the classifieds boards.

Copy and paste this template into your post to start an ad.
    Code:
    [size=5][b]Username Here[/b][/size][spoiler]Enter Ad Text Here[/spoiler]
    Note, this section is for XBox360 players only.

Hyde9318
    - Looking for other members to team up with and collaborate pawns together (use each other's pawn throughout game). I will soon be restarting my game, and I would like a couple partners-in-crime to share Pawns with so that we can collaborate and bounce team ideas off each other. I personally would like a team of pawns consisting of:

(I listed preferred skills on each pawn. This is not a binding contract and you are free to set up your pawn however you wish... but the closer to the set-up I list, the more I want the pawn, the more helpful to the team it would be as a whole)
    1 Sorcerer - Preferably ending up with High Bolide, High Gicel, High Fulmination, High Voidspell, Holy Affinity, and either Thunder or Ice Affinity (whichever Mage does NOT have so as to not overlap).
    1 Mage - Preferable Ending up with High Anodyne, High Halidom, High Comestion, High Frigor, High Levin, and either Thunder or Ice Affinity (whichever Sorcerer does NOT have so as to not overlap).

Last member can either be a ranger or a warrior. Ranger is preferred, but either is accepted.
    However, in the case of the Ranger/Warrior, I may raise my pawn in this spot as I know how I would like to raise him to dish out enormous amounts of damage. If other two spots can be filled reasonably, I will take on this last pawn as my own and focus him on dishing out physical damage while the magic users provide support, affinities, and magic damage (don't take me wrong though, both other spots are equally effective and important to the overall plan).

IF you have a pawn that fits the descriptions above or would like to join me in starting the game over as a team, please let me know. I will most certainly use your pawn as much as possible to give you tons of Rift Crystals (as long as your pawn stays within ten levels and a few days; meaning if the pawn falls behind in level, I still won't trade them in for a while so as to give you time to raise them up more; BUT I can't afford to wait around for a long time as I will be running Bitterblack quite often). If you restart your game and join up as a team with me, I will make sure to help keep your pawn equipped with the best armors and weapons I can find/afford, completely free of cost to you. I can also offer a decent amount of game knowledge to possibly help you out if there are any problems. I am fairly experienced in class/vocation building, as well as Ur-Grinding and Loot Grinding, so I would be much more useful in those situations when asked questions.

3. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Here is where you can place an ad for the game. You can do anything from ask for specific pawns, to attempt to sell your pawn to other people, to even possibly attempt to sell off some items you have spare like rare weapons. To place an ad, fill out an ad template in a post, and when the thread is updated, it will be added to the classifieds boards.

Copy and paste this template into your post to start an ad.
    Code:
    [size=5][b]Username Here[/b][/size][spoiler]Enter Ad Text Here[/spoiler]
    Note, this section is for PS3 players only.

No Ads Yet for PS3.