Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Drak is back with another review!

I've been back for a couple of weeks now and I'm looking for more crazy **** to review on the revamped channel! I removed all of my own personal projects this time and I am focusing on Crappy Game Reviews only.

HERE ARE THE GAME SUBMISSION RULES:

• You can use any RPG MAKER to make your crappy game.
  • You can't use copyrighted material. Original parody content is fine.
  • Try not to be terribly offensive with racism, sexism, and other isms...
  • You may swear like a sailor in your ungodly foul games. This YouTube channel and its games are directed at late-teen to mature audiences. You were warned. Don't tell your mommy.
  • Keep your crappy game run times start-to-finish to around 10-20 minutes if possible.
  • Don't make things terribly complicated for me like brain-busting puzzles and stuff. I'm too old and grumpy for that now. Focus on a linear, funny, crazy game.
  • If you have a game following the above rules that you want reviewed and shared to the world, please e-mail me at drakcgr@gmail.com and I will get to it based on other's submissions.

Go get going on your projects! Stop by the new discord too! ARUGA! ARUGA!

Last edited:

MoonBunny

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whatever works for you. That avatar is adorable btw. :LZSwink:
My terrible game projects from years past will remain shelved. Maybe someone out there is brave enough to share theirs.

TheRealDrak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My terrible game projects from years past will remain shelved. Maybe someone out there is brave enough to share theirs.
You just make a game with the purpose that it will be trash before you submit it. (You set it up to suck and know its not serious) I review it, and everybody has a giggle. :stickytongue:

TheRealDrak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Isn't the point of such reviews to laugh about games in which the dev wanted to be good, but failed, instead of making a bad game on purpose?
:guffaw: You're ruthless dude! I would imagine that would make somebody feel like ****.

THE SHOOES FROM ITCH.IO CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE

TheRealDrak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is no need to ask or wait for game submissions.
You can come back to the following link every single day, and find new, free RPG Maker games to review:
https://itch.io/games/newest/tag-rpgmaker :LZScheeze:
Yeah, there is some crazy stuff on here lol. I'll use a lot of it as filler until I get swamped with submissions again. Make the crappiest game you can come up with following the above rules and toss it at me.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't use videos, art, or music, that is well known like the Legend of Zelda or anything from a major musical artist. It sucks... I know...
While I think it's sad this needs to be said at all, I would suggest you change the wording to specify "no copyrighted material," since you seem to be directing it at people who don't know any better.

If they're using someone else's material, just because it doesn't meet your definition of "major" or "well known" doesn't mean you and they can't get DMCA'd/sued over it...

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find this whole thread ironic.

If you deliberately make a "bad" game and other people find it hilarious, then it is not a "bad" game anymore, but rather a comedic parody executed very well. Which in turn means that the game is actually good.

I said this many times on this forum before, but there was a golden time of RPG Maker games a long time ago. I'd say like 10+ years ago.

I can only speak for my country on this, but in Germany there were very many people who made extremely bad games, and A LOT of them too. There were so many bad games in circulation that they received the label "RPG Maker Trash".

The difference between these games and this thread right here is:

#1 That these "Trash Games" were actually meant to be serious and sincere.

#2 But most of them were extremely convoluted, nonsensical and full of typos and grammatical errors.

#3 The story writing and character writing were full of holes and cliches.

These points combined made many of these "trash games" deceptively enjoyable, but only in a ironic
way.
Many people would play these games as let's plays and on streams to mock the games. They made these "serious" games look like a sitcom.

Ami

World Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm Negative with this thread.

Everyone,like me always work everyday in Full-Time with their Sweats,Stress & Hurts on certain Body,for their Best Creations to make it really Super Unique than the other.

It just wasting the time to watch the "Crappy" game that you post here (it's up to you what you want to say to me,idc)

TheRealDrak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm Negative with this thread.

Everyone,like me always work everyday in Full-Time with their Sweats,Stress & Hurts on certain Body,for their Best Creations to make it really Super Unique than the other.

It just wasting the time to watch the "Crappy" game that you post here (it's up to you what you want to say to me,idc)
Dude, being a game dev myself I understand fully how you feel. You're preaching to the quire here. This entire thing is to just create a funky, funny, game, with the purpose to be crappy/funny combined with my reactions. If you're the creator of the above Undertale game I give you mad props honestly. It's a very funny and greatly crafted game. I even say that at the end of the video by saying it's crappy but it's also pretty good. Just have fun man. I am not going to put up super serious games on here. Undertale 2 is obviously a funny parody game so it fits a bit. I hope that makes you feel a bit better. :stickytongue:

ATT_Turan:
I changed the rule to this:

• You can't use copyrighted material. Original parody content is fine.

Last edited:

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
:kaojoy: Alright, I find this thread very interesting and the videos are fun and even inspiriting.
Thus, Feel free to review my game's free demo down here. (Tutorial part of the game is linear, easy, and can likely be finished within 20 minutes. The whole demo is likely 4 hours right now and keeps increasing almost every day.)
It may not be straightforward crappy. At least, that is not intended.
However, I'd be interested to find out why there are only 50% of people played for more than 10 minutes according to the data Steam gives me.
So, it is potentially crappy to the other 50% of the earth's population for whatever reasons I don't know yet.

I'm open to all criticism.

TheRealDrak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaojoy: Alright, I find this thread very interesting and the videos are fun and even inspiriting.
Thus, Feel free to review my game's free demo down here. (Tutorial part of the game is linear, easy, and can likely be finished within 20 minutes. The whole demo is likely 4 hours right now and keeps increasing almost every day.)
It may not be straightforward crappy. At least, that is not intended.
However, I'd be interested to find out why there are only 50% of people played for more than 10 minutes according to the data Steam gives me.
So, it is potentially crappy to the other 50% of the earth's population for whatever reasons I don't know yet.

I'm open to all criticism.
You got it! I will review about 20 minutes of Neolithic today for you.

STUCK IN A WALL - CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE - SORRY ABOUT THE SOUND IN SOME PARTS

Try out the game for yourself here!

HOW GAME SUBMISSIONS WORK - CONTAINS SOME FOUL LANGUAGE

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:
I've been trying to work on more "complete" artworks and so far... I'm in so much pain Its really annoying how easy is to completely mess up the proportions and perspectives, but I guess I can only keep practicing
xW1ByDU.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CertainPerson