orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
:kaojoy: Well, it's not something that have I expected.
But, still, I can find some useful information.

Some graphics and font seem off in the video which basically confirmed my previous assumption of some system-based problems exist. For that, I'm going to change immediately. (Likely within 24 hours.)

The mix of 2D and 3D graphics can be a problem for many. However, I don't think I'm going to do anything about it at this moment. It can serve as a filter for both me and the players. It's partially working as intended. If that's the major reason for 50% of players, I think I have no problem with that.

The default UI layout of ancient RMXP does show its age. A game from 2004, certainly needs some modernization in this apart. :kaojoy: Maybe I will rework it later. But, the priority will be lower than functionality and story.

I think I also miscalculated the time you need to get through the tutorial. Reading text certainly can get things much slower.

Anyway, thanks for the video. I have some concerns defused.

Last edited:

TheRealDrak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaojoy: Well, it's not something that have I expected.
But, still, I can find some useful information.

Some graphics and font seem off in the video which basically confirmed my previous assumption of some system-based problems exist. For that, I'm going to change immediately. (Likely within 24 hours.)

The mix of 2D and 3D graphics can be a problem for many. However, I don't think I'm going to do anything about it at this moment. It can serve as a filter for both me and the players. It's partially working as intended. If that's the major reason for 50% of players, I think I have no problem with that.

The default UI layout of ancient RMXP does show its age. A game from 2004, certainly needs some modernization in this apart. :kaojoy: Maybe I will rework it later. But, the priority will be lower than functionality and story.

I think I also miscalculated the time you need to get through the tutorial. Reading text certainly can get things much slower.

Anyway, thanks for the video. I have some concerns defused.

Glad to help man! You are a talented Game Maker, Orochi2k. Don't give up. You can fix anything when it comes to software!

SPECIAL PREMIER VIDEO STARTING AT 7PM MST TONIGHT! DON'T MISS IT!

Last edited:

marganec

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
check your gmail

TheRealDrak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll be doing a 2nd part of Giga's Adventure and finish it since I guess I was pretty close to doing so according to Margenec. Expect it within the next 24 hours or so.

TheRealDrak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
NEVER BEFORE SEEN UNTIL NOW - CRAPPY GAME REVIEWS EXCLUSIVE

Please like, subscribe, and ring the notification bell to always be on top of new videos! Only you, the awesome person reading this, can help grow the channel! I am doing my best as a stay-at-home father to release these daily.

Thank you for watching! I hope you had a laugh or two!

Last edited:

TheRealDrak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
DON'T WATCH THIS IT SUCKS AND ISN'T FUNNY. I AM PROBABLY DONE FOR A WHILE.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:
I've been trying to work on more "complete" artworks and so far... I'm in so much pain Its really annoying how easy is to completely mess up the proportions and perspectives, but I guess I can only keep practicing
xW1ByDU.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CertainPerson