Drawcharacter not working??!

Discussion in 'Learning Javascript' started by ougitou1, Feb 15, 2018.

1. ougitou1

ougitou1 Invisible Black Veteran

First Language:
    en-
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    ok everyone, first here... well firstly is anyone else having the same problem?? By problem I mean the draw character method in window base does not seem to work for window selectable if there are multiple Columbs and only one row.

Ok this is a big problem for me as my menu is of the same variety. And making it was a pain, so doing it over again would be, well, painful to say the least. If anyone has a way to do this or resolve this problem, please any help would be appreciated.

2. cji3bp62000

cji3bp62000 Tsukimi Veteran

First Language:
    Japanese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello.
    I tested using Console to directly draw Character on item list, and it works.

There's not much information about the problem you met, but there may be two possibility:
    1. The drawItem function is an empty function in window_selectable, which you may think of it as has done something
    2. drawCharacter draw characters with anchor (x:0.5, y:1), so just simply be drawn out of the canvas?

ougitou1 likes this.
  3. ougitou1

First Language:
    en-
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well I’ve tried checking if it’s being drawn outside of the window, thus ‘off canvas’ by zeroing both x and y positions and still nothing. But I think you might be right as the anchor itself may actually be ‘off canvas’.

I’ll investigate further and reveal my findings.

4. ougitou1

First Language:
    en-
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    ok, i've check all that i can and still nothing promising. That said, there was this one thing i noticed really weird, like... very concerning. The characters which i'm trying to draw actually do show up, the problem is that they only show themselves after you close the menu and reopen it... am i gonna have to remake the whole menu from scratch? :kaocry: