Drawing a bust?

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by Rachnera, Feb 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rachnera

Rachnera Caffeinated Spider Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've always liked character art. And I think I might be able to draw a bust If I put my heart into it. But I'm not sure where to start (or if this is the write forum for this topic) I've player a lot of games with excellent bust in them. (Skyborn comes to mine)
    Anyone have any tips for drawing bust from scratch? I already have the facesets.

2. Dodokajet

Dodokajet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    find a model (it can be yourself or someone else) or a picture once you have that, copy then simplify if you want something good (with correct anatomy I mean) without model you need to draw with a model :/ (a lot) + study in parallel

Pix3M likes this.
  3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    General Discussion is more about broad themes which affect the making of games, rather than "how do I make the resources" that go into games.

Although not a perfect fit, I'm moving this to Resource Support. Once you have some ideas/advice, you can then post in the WIP thread to get feedback on how you're doing.

4. Pix3M

Pix3M Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Quoting this because this is basically how the bests artists learn. Drawing from life, or photos, or from realism is boring for a lot of artists but it's part of the learning process. Knowing what real human anatomy is like teaches you how you can exaggerate or simplify without the result looking "off"

5. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is basically asking how to draw people. There are loads and loads of tutorials, books, step-by-step instructions, guidelines, ect. that are available on the subject. Have you done any sort of drawing before?