MonsterCatcher

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there any version of RPG Maker or a similar software that will allow me to draw in it without having to use paint or photoshop or anything else external? I’m not buying another software just to draw. I used some game creation software 20 years ago that allowed drawing right into it without having to import external sprite sheets. I’d think this should be able to do the same as well, but I have MV and don’t see anywhere that it lets me draw in it.

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You do not need to buy. GraphicsGale and Aseprite* are free programs for pixel art. A specific program for a particular function will always be better than a practical implementation within other programs.

Anyway, there are some engines that have a simple editor built in. I don't think I can name them directly, as they are competitors of RPG Maker, but if you search for 2D game development engines - not specifically RPG - you will find what you are looking for in one of the three largest.

*Aseprite releases the program code for free, you must compile it yourself.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Thank you.

There's no way to draw in RPG Maker, so your best bet is to find a free art program if you don't want to pay.

xyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone want dynamically soft shadow? :kaohi:
1643106068630.png
Happy Birthday, me!
Woops.
giphy.gif
Ack, I've got to make a script support thread... I hate doing it now; I feel like an annoyance to people. Especially because my questions are usually stupid. Or, at least I assume they are when I don't get any replies lol. Oh well, I'll just make it in the morning. No point doing it now if I'll be asleep.
Slowly working on directions and walking sprites. :kaoback:
mA1ETTy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salzani