Draygone's streaming RPGM games, again!

Discussion in 'Maker Casual' started by Draygone, May 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Helloooooo, everyone! Welcome to... this (revived) topic!

In case it's not obvious from the subforum you're in, I stream RPG Maker games, both full games and demos. In fact, they're a primary focus of my Twitch and Youtube channels (though I've done a bunch of non-RPGM games, as well). I play games for both the console and PC RPG Makers. Here is where I'm located:

Oh neat, it automatically embedded my Twitch stream. (As an aside, I wish Twitch didn't cover my face like that.)
    As my offline image says, I stream RPG Maker content every Monday & Saturday at 5pm Eastern/9pm GMT.
    Even if you can't watch live, the streams remain available to watch later, and you can even add to the chat!

Alternatively, here's my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GDGaming
    There, I post RPG Maker content every Saturday & Sunday at 12 & 12:30pm Eastern/4 & 4:30pm GMT.

Here's the setup: I stream RPG Maker games at Twitch, trying to cover as much of the game as I can (subquests, etc.), and giving critique & advice when I'm able. Then, at a later date, I'll split the stream into smaller "episodes" and post them at Youtube for a second chance in the spotlight.

As of October 2018, I have let's played and (more recently) streamed RPG Maker creations for 10 years, including over 30 RPG Maker games so far! In fact, if you're interested in seeing my previous work, I've got a complete list here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cxrNd0fzQZoWoNr0eG9flfl_PSIEUguE-h6CVsvxnfU/edit?usp=sharing

Currently, requests are closed.
    If requests were open, demos would be accepted, and requests could be made in this topic or in a PM. I'd be fine either way.
    Also, if you are selling your game and would like to provide a download code for a free copy, please don't provide one until I've confirmed that I have time for your game.

And because I'm sure you're wondering, my character there is a teenage raccoon-dragon. It's a for-fun thing that I sometimes play up in my streams, when the opportunity arises.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  2. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So it's been a while since I've posted here, partly because of some confusion over the rule about double-posting.  Either the rule has been cleared up since then, or I just fail at reading.

Anyway, Omnis has ended, and I'm already several episodes into my next let's play:

Heart of Grimm, by Fedora

(Made with RPG Maker VX)

The game was his first RPG Maker game, and as such, it has some of that first RPG Maker game charm, with things like open and empty maps, music from Final Fantasy, and lots and lots of typos.  But the game also has a set of custom monsters, and though crudely drawn, it's nice to see something different in battles.  The story has its problems, but it's also rather interesting, as it takes inspiration from various fairy tales, such as King Arthur and Red Riding Hood.

As of my most recent stream, I've just aquired a ship that opens up the world.  And judging by the size of the world map, I'm in for quite the long adventure.  It actually has me kinda excited.

Those interested in seeing this adventure can begin here:

3. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So, I just celebrated my 700th LPisode.

Well, "celebrated".  I didn't actually intend to celebrate it, on account previous celebrations tend to not go well.  And also, just had another event a few months back.

But it did turn out to be the first of a two-part episode, so that's an interesting coincidence.  Also, Cinderella joins my party.  So that happened.  If you're interested, check out these links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcdSiQvI0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_r-HWvScc

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  4. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  5. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay, so I've been having some problems with "Heart of Grimm", and it's gotten to the point where I had to ask the creator to run through his game to bug-check before I move on.  While I'm waiting, I started up a let's play of a game created by my biggest fan, wariolandgoldpiramid.  The game is "Legend of Dream World", and it's an abandoned RMVX Ace game.  The setting is the world on the other side of your dreams, where monsters live.  You play as some of those monsters.

Here's the first video of that, as well as the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9kd-uZiIb9_-3ZoMHOjKWAI_xkbYM5iL

6. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh boy, it's been a while, hasn't it? Not entirely sure why I disappeared from this place.

So what have I been up to since the last time I posted? Well, I finished up Heart of Grimm, streamed and let's played a bunch of other RPG Maker games, took an extended break from them, and now I'm back to the grind, this time at Twitch!

Recently, I've been streaming an RPG Maker 3 game called "Raiders of Lekunder SE". It's basically a silly game about rescuing princesses and fighting hipster dragons, a stark contrast to the more serious dungeons and battles.

Anyway, I'm only two or three streams away from finishing the game, so I'm here to see if anybody wants to throw a request my way. Demos accepted.

Full details are in the first post of this topic (I've updated it), but the gist of it is that I'd stream your game every Monday & Saturday at 5pm Eastern/10pm GMT. If you can't watch live, the streams will remain available to watch & comment on later. I'll also eventually post the streams to Youtube at a (much) later date.

My Twitch channel can be found by clicking here.
    And my Youtube channel can be found by clicking here, instead.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  7. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have just finished Raiders of Lekunder SE. The game was a pretty slow-paced game (in addition to RPG Maker 3 being a slow-paced RPG Maker), but the humor during the cutscenes helped make it worth a runthrough. Was also worth exploring the lengthy dungeons for hidden spells to learn. If you're curious, the full playthrough can be found by clicking ~this link.~ (By the way, is there a way to prevent a plain URL like below from automatically turning into an embedded video?)

Next up, starting Monday at 5pm Eastern/10pm GMT, I'll be streaming an RPG Maker MV demo called The Lost, created and requested by Dutch Power Creations. That demo can be found here: https://rpgmaker.net/games/10810/

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  8. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Earlier today, I did the first stream of The Lost. First impressions are good! The game started off with an impressive-looking war scenario, and I like the battle system and how the game's kinda been easing me into it. If you're interested, here was the first stream.

(Edit: Fixed the link. Not sure how it broke.)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  9. Orgaya

Orgaya Veteran Veteran

Kilauea, Mt. Etna, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Loa, Mt. Merap
    First Language:
    English
    I didn't see anywhere in the OP to send you a PM if I want to pass on a request, so I'll post here. Let me know if it's wrong. I'd be happy if you could LP my game, Geiken. Thanks!

10. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh geez, I completely failed to mention anything about requests in that first post. Whoops! =P

Sure, I'd be willing to check out your game. I'm guessing it's finished? The fact that you have both a regular link and a demo link throws me off a bit.

And it does not matter whethere you request in this topic or in a PM.

11. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay, I've now got two or three games on my to-do list after I'm done with The Lost, one of them being Geiken. I imagine they'll take a while, so I'm closing requests for now. Feel free to watch my playthroughs, though! You might get some ideas for your own games (and also learn some things you might want to NOT do).

12. Orgaya

Orgaya Veteran Veteran

Kilauea, Mt. Etna, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Loa, Mt. Merap
    First Language:
    English
    The game is complete. I only had a demo up in case someone didn't want to download a gigantic file only to find that they didn't like it. I guess I can actually remove it, since all it amounts to is running around and smacking things. Thanks much, though!

13. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So yesterday, I did the second The Lost stream at Twitch. Went into an optional dungeon, and showed that, yes, I do intend to show off as much of these games I can, even when it involves many pages of hidden lore. I also fought a boss! Next stream will be tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I wanna bring up RPG Maker 1 on the PlayStation 1. It was the first RPGM officially released outside of Japan, and I just finished posting my complete coverage of it over at Youtube. My coverage was in two parts.

Part the 1st involved me showing off the editor and creating a simple game with it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9kd-uZiIb9-Mn--VoaGoWJ4kNaP_duDr

Part the 2nd was a playthrough of RPGM1's sample game, featuring a goblin in an RPG world who wants to become a boss: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9kd-uZiIb9-TwNSgqndK909_-iz7r7Gd

Dutch Power Creations likes this.
  14. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My playthrough of The Lost is still ongoing. In fact, got another stream in about 90 minutes. About to take on what appears to be a cult.

Meanwhile, at Youtube, I have two RPG Maker playthroughs being posted. The first is an RPG Maker VX Ace game called Sacred Earth - Promise. It's a bit of an ambitious game, featuring visual novel cutscenes, board game dungeons, and a combo-based battle system.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9kd-uZiIb98mX36RDnQSgNRL6ED3ETnd

Along with that, there's Hippy Hunt 2, a game created with RPG Maker 2, one of the only 3D RPGMs ever made. And this game does a good job demonstrating the sort of games you could make with a 3D RPGM (at least with cinematics and environments). It's also VERY mature-rated, so keep that in mind.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9kd-uZiIb99hA-uI2yd1CKvG4ehpd3tY

Dutch Power Creations likes this.
  15. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Just wanted to let you know that this streamer is a dedicated streamer like HawkZombie and I would suggest anyone with a proper game to contact him for a let's play.

lianderson likes this.
  16. lianderson

lianderson Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    If Dutch says you're good, then you're good. Let me know if you want to stream my game.

17. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I appreciate the compliments! ^_^

Sadly, requests are closed until I get through the ones I have now. But y'all are welcome to watch my streams, regardless! My viewership remains super-tiny despite years of doing this, and I'd love to see some channel growth (as well as feedback if y'all have any).

My next stream is tomorrow at 5pm Eastern/10pm GMT.

lianderson likes this.
  18. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Daylight Saving Time is happening. That means, if you are lucky enough to live in a place that doesn't have DST, my streams will be an hour earlier for you starting Monday, at 9pm GMT.

19. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have finished playing the The Lost demo! Overall, I enjoyed it very much. If you haven't seen it yet, here's the Twitch playlist.
    And I will post this playthrough at Youtube later this year.

Next up on my to-do list is Geiken, by @Orgaya. That'll be starting up this Saturday at Twitch, at 5pm Eastern/9pm GMT. Of course, I'll be going into it blind. The game and info can be found here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/geiken.46065/

Meanwhile, at Youtube, I've started posting my playthrough of Remote Control on RPG Maker 1. It's a story about two dudes who get sent through TV world, with several shows being parodied. For example... well, that's a surprise. This game won EGM's RPG Maker contest back in the day, so you know it's good. How good? Well, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9kd-uZiIb9_9wyjEgxoolqpQXknBrDAb

20. Draygone

Draygone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Today, I did my first Geiken stream. This open world action/RPG is... interesting, to say the least. I'm VERY curious to see where this goes. And I hope you guys are, too. Check it out: www.twitch.tv/videos/396751326

Orgaya likes this.