Dream Chasers - Updated Demo to V0.2.2

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by SquallStorm, May 27, 2016.

1. SquallStorm

SquallStorm Resident Persona 5 Hyper Veteran

First Language:
    English

Game Synopsis

(Notice: This game is a side story to a forth coming trilogy. This title has a heavy focus on both story and combat and may contain material not suitable for players under 16.)) The world of Epheria had endured a great loss. The Dark Mother Shadonia, fell twenty years ago at the hands of Kain Wyndus, duped and fooled by his father Ulster, Chieftain of the Five Gods. Now there was a powerful imbalance of Shadow anima, as the Dark Mother kept it stable. Her champion, the Shadow Huntress, was lost to history's ebb and flow. But the imbalance of Holy and Shadow anima dictated that the Huntress would be reborn... Kylia Arbonath, age twenty-one, was a Dream Chaser. A highborn woman of the Whispering Isles, Kylia ran away from home at sixteen. Her best friend Tobias Searworth joined her. She cast away her true name, her homeland and everything she was born with to live the life of a Dream Chaser. Five years later, Kylia was summoned to the local monastery to receive what should have been a routine job. However, across the sea in her homeland of Regulia, a bloody coup d'etat claimed the lives of the royal family and her own. Fate decreed that the woman who had given up everything would be forced to return. Kylia was unknowingly being drawn into an age old conflict between man and god. Little did she know that she was one of two people with the ability to shape Epheria for better... or worse. She would unravel a thousand years of history, and the world would be forever changed with a series of actions. 

FEATURES + Heavily Story and Combat based RPG + Unravel the secrets of both the Whispering Isles and Central Medallia + Two fully detailed world maps + Eight playable characters of varying backgrounds and abilities + Interactive environments. Hidden secrets, humor and other things await the dedicated adventurer + CTB Battle System with full action sequences + Monster Arena + 100+ Side Quests, plus 4 Guilds + Item Synthesis + Hidden tribes of Valeer (beastmen) + Optional Dungeons + Ten Side Stories per character + Tools of Divine Power! + Secret Passages 

FEATURES EXPLAINED- Two full world maps! - As Kylia's journey continues, she will need to leave the Whispering Isles and venture to the mainland of Medallia. These two maps will be fully traversed in their own ways, and add to the gameplay experience. Each will have secret areas to find, dungeons to explore, towns to visit and much more. - Eight playable characters - Unlikely allies are sometimes the best allies, and Kylia has hers. From a sarcastic priest, to a gorgeous dancer with a penchant for bloodshed, Kylia's entourage grows with speed. Each character has their strengths and weaknesses, and building the team in unique ways can lead to new strategies in battle. - An interactive world - Epheria is a world rife with lore, secrets and hidden treasure. Kylia is an astute observer and will often give her comments on various things Search everywhere and you might just find a clue to a sidequest, a funny joke, or an item just about anywhere you look. - Monster Arena - The Monster Arena is located in Regulia, but access is prohibited to the common man or woman. Gaining access is a grueling process, but the rewards are well worth it. There are eight ranks to climb through, and a glorious prize awaits the champion. Are your skills up to the test? - Sidequests and Guilds - The work of a Dream Chaser is to fulfill the wishes of the people. Kylia will be given many optional tasks that can lead to great rewards, fame, fortune, new areas to explore and even affect the ending. There are also four guilds that she can join and rise through the ranks. The Hunter's Guild focuses on slaying powerful monsters all over Epheria, while the Exorcist's Guild deals in the supernatural, often involving demons and other otherworldly creatures. The Dungeoneering Guild involves sending members into an ever changing labyrinth to secure treasures, while the Shrouded Brotherhood deals in... less savory affairs. - Valeer Quests - The race of Man is not the only race that inhabits Epheria. There were tales of the Valeer, beings who share the traits of both man and beast on their corporeal forms, but these beings have long since gone into hiding. Kylia will have the opportunity to meet three of these tribes, and help them re-intergrate into modern society. The rewards for doing so are worth the effort of finding them. - Optional Dungeons - These dungeons will open as certain conditions are fulfilled, and provide an additional challenge to the player seeking it. There are five total, and have different conditions to unlock. - Side Stories - Side Stories are character driven quests that involve members of Kylia's party. There are a total of 70 Side Stories, and they award bonus content, new skills that reinforce that character's role in battle, and more. Kylia may even earn the love and undying devotion of her companions, depending on the choices she makes. - Tools of Divine Power - The Glowing Ore Kylia will obtain early on her journey is vital to her quest. At predetermined times, Kylia will obtain an ability to influence the world around her. She will eventually be able to see invisible objects, return the world around her to a time lost to her, and more. Using these abilities will be the key to accessing some areas, treasures, and more. - Hidden Passageways - Is there an item you just can't seem to reach? Try walking into walls! Some especially powerful, or rare, treasures may be hidden off the beaten path as a reward for the intrepid adventurer. There seems to be a certain clue that gives these away, but that is for Kylia to discover...

Download

Screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Videos

Credits

Individuals/groups that made this project happen! Art: Jono Kivex Ækashics (http://www.akashics.moe) Thalzon Timmah Haydeos Enterbrain/Kadokawa TheHarmp Kaus Avery Celianna Mack Pandamaru Indrah Petschko Luar_Zero Kovak Hiddenone Candacis Sabio Whtdragon Cyanide (C) REFMAP Publisher: Degica, Co. LTD 

Bougainvillea

iliketeaPlug-ins: Yanfly Moogle_X MR TS MBS Moghunter (https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/) JGreene/Izy Amuseum Gameus Zalerinian Shaz Tor Damian Design / Galenmereth Terrax Music: Presence of Music Tam Music Factory http://moonwind.pw/ McTricky Aaron Krogh 

Wingless SeraphSpecial Thanks Fernyfer775 (For giving me a push to get started)Driftwood Gaming (For playing through Dream Chasers)Chaos Avian (For making the first RPG Maker game I've ever really enjoyed)Yanfly (For all you do for our community)

iliketea (For taking time from your life to map for my meager project)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
    Iliketea and RishigangiX like this.
  2. ThePotatoOfFire

ThePotatoOfFire Stop, in the name of candy! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey! I played the demo a while back, and it played nicely! I would suggest a little more balancing in the river, as the enemies there were really quite tough for how early you get the boat. Other than that, I love the idea of finding your party members in towns and talking to them, as well as the affinity system with Kylia. The project is going in a really good direction, keep up the good work!

One question: When was the demo last updated? If it's updated recently, I'd like to play it and give some feedback. I also realllly want to see how the story continues  :D

3. SquallStorm

First Language:
    English
    Holy crap this comment made my night! I forgot to upload the new link here, mostly since this topic has been stagnant, but there's also an RPG Maker.net page for the game. The V0.2 demo is there. I can't guarantee the old files will work with the new one, but it's got some new things to tinker with. You can find it here: https://rpgmaker.net/games/8493/

There might be a few things I missed since then but I'll be uploading an updated version with some stuff in a couple days. :3

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  4. ThePotatoOfFire

ThePotatoOfFire Stop, in the name of candy! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sweet! Thanks for the quck reply. I'll hold out for that updated version.

5. SquallStorm

First Language:
    English
    Cool! I'm actually doing a playthrough of it right now to make sure I didn't miss anything else. I'll be adding an optional area too.

Really this did make my night. Feedback is so SO important to me so I crave anything I can get to improve the final product.

6. Tobbx

Tobbx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I really, really want to ask a question that might be stupid. But since you attribute credits to the final fantasy franchise for example, does that mean you are allowed to use music from those games? I would like to use that kind of music myself sometimes but I never do cause of the copyright rules. Did you ask them for permission or something? Or is it allowed if you use COVER versions of the tracks and not the original ones? I also recently tried Legends of Drifwood and that game used remixed tracks from Final Fantasy X and Chrono Trigger. 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2016
  7. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Tobbx: No. You can NEVER use the music from the FF games unless you get permission from the original maker. If they ever find out you used that music, they can hit you with a C and D and/or a fine. Doesn't matter if it is commercial or non-commercial, all that usually affects is how big the fine (or if there is a fine).

As for covering the music, no idea. May have to ask a lawyer for advice on that one.

8. SquallStorm

First Language:
    English
    You know to be honest the credits aren't even up to date now since I've added and removed music and sounds.

9. SquallStorm

First Language:
    English
    I've updated the OP with the latest demo link. I hope to get some honest feedback on the game's current state. Until then :)

Iliketea likes this.