RMMV Dream Devouerer (IGMC Action RPG)

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by RadiantCadenza, Nov 14, 2017.

1. RadiantCadenza

RadiantCadenza Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

“Unfortunately, sleep is the least restful part of my day...“

Ashling is a seemingly ordinary office worker, who spends her days crunching numbers for the Halcyon Tower Insurance Firm, and her nights struggling for survival in a world she does not yet understand. After awakening to her powers as a fledgling dream fae, she was left with a choice: Does she embrace her new double life? Try to cling desperately to the ordinary human life she knows? Or leave it behind for something new?

Explore the surreal shifting landscape of the dream realm, solving puzzles and fighting monsters in this single-player action-rpg shooter dungeon crawler.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

----------------

This probably goes without saying, but this game is my IGMC 2017 entry. I consider it to be more of a demo of the game I really wanted to make, but it's still got a decent chunk of playable content. Even if I don't win, I'm hoping to gather some feedback on the game so I can make a better game moving forward with continued development (Or scrap it in favor of something else if people aren't feeling this one) so please consider giving it a try and letting me know what you think!

You can download the demo here.
    This version is recommended over the version uploaded on Itch.io because of a filename bug that occurs for some users.

The IGMC page is here.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that bug might sabotage any chance I had of winning a judges prize since the judges are stuck with the bugged version. Basically it happened because I used some tilesets from Lucky Duet without bothering to rename them. The game ran fine on my own computer because I have Japanese Unicode installed, but crashes for anyone that doesn't because of the kanji in the filename. So fellow game devs, please take my warning to heart and remember the importance of testing your game on multiple PCs to catch things like that. (and also don't leave kanji in your asset filenames)

Archeia and Tetsune like this.