French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Author : Quasi & Nio Kasgami

Development language : Typescript 2.00

distribution : JAVASCRIPT 5th edition

Engine Version: Beta 1.00

Build off : of QuasiABS https://github.com/quasixi/Quasi-MV-ABS-Demo

Further Info :  This the V 2.00 of Quasi ABS worked by me Nio Kasgami.

Introduction:

We all know The awesome Action Battle System (ABS) Quasi coded. It's a awesome system though Quasi decided to quit the stage of MV for reasons.

SO I decided after speaking with him, to continue the dev of QuasiABS. Although it's will be totally rewritten to a new framework for being more easier for me to work with and to extends it with new features.

Expected Features :

• infinite Entity AI (both workable in moveRoute or script)
  • Entity Based system
  • Bullet Hell Generator
  • Extendable Movement System
  • Puzzle/ environnement System
  • Customization Skill/Weapon Behaviors
  • and Some Other

Development Page : 

https://github.com/niokasgami/DreamEngine

the project is dev in visual studio 2015 but can be still use in a normal text editor.

ScreenShot : 

None it's still a dev

Explaination on the entity based system:

As it's got said the system is really based on entity. A entity is a alive form. It's could be a human, a monster or a animal.

So if this a entity it's can interact with the player and the player can interact with it. It's similar to a event without the fact it's show text or activate variable.

a entity is a trigger by itself. EACH entity have a AI or a entity type. they will act on how they are programmed : Either via a moveRoute or a EntitySnipset.

they have 3 mains entity type

• Friendly entity or a entity who are friendly to the player (can help him or attack hostile entity) depending on how they are programmed to react on certain behavior.
  • Neutral entity or a entity who are neutral to everyone this could be a animal who don't attack anyone.
  • Hostile entity or a entity who are hostile to the player (will attack it).

Although  Entity type can be changed : example neutral entity can become hostile if getting attack.

AND each entity can wield their own AI. ALTHOUGH you can't force a friendly entity to attack the player this will throw a error. 

for that just need if example the actor attack the friendly entity to force the entity to become hostile to him.

quick example from a EntitySnipset (simply a JS files who contain a function or class who inherit from the main entity system)  : 

class Game_EntitySlime extends Game_EntityBase {

constructor(id) {
super(id);
}

entityType(){
return "friendly";
}

update(){
super.update();
if(this._player.attackFriendlyEntity(this._id)){
this.turnAgressiveTowardPlayer(); // Will become Hostile to the player.
}
if(this._entity.attackFriendlyEntity(this._id)){
this.TurnAgressiveTowardEntity(this._entity); // will become Hostile to the entity who attacked the friendly entity.
}
}

}

Extendable Movement System :

This system will permit more control on movement behavior such, Roll, block, crawl, etc

TERMS OF USE FOR NON-COMMERCIAL AND COMMERCIAL:

• Free to use and modify.
  • Do not claim the Plugins as your own.
  • Header from Plugins are not to be removed.
  • Plugins can be edited/modified but can not be claimed as your own.
  • Credit Nio Kasgami and Quasi.
  • Compatibility patches may be denied.
  • Any additional terms in Plugin must be followed.

Want to request some stuff or to contribute don't hesit to pull a request on the github page.

azlunvice

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
HI.

It sounds interesting.

I hope to see some screenshots even a video.

thanks a lot.

Gooz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
français
Primarily Uses
Hi, thank you again for keeping this alive!

I have a little question about this : 

Do you know if Dream Engine will be compatible with others Quasi's plugins like QuasiMovement or QuasiSprite?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, thank you again for keeping this alive!

I have a little question about this : 

Do you know if Dream Engine will be compatible with others Quasi's plugins like QuasiMovement or QuasiSprite?
they will be integrate in it since it's a prerequised 

Configurations might change a little too maybe via JSON since it's permit to make "interface" way more easier.

?????

Developer??
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm glad you are keeping this alive, thank you. Will this use the same Sprite pose set up? (Walk, attack, block)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad you are keeping this alive, thank you. Will this use the same Sprite pose set up? (Walk, attack, block)
depends on how he did it I will try to make it the MOST idiomatic to quasi previous one. but I might allow config in 3 ways

either from notetag, JSON and JS internal file.

but what's is sure I don't want to keep the Plugin Param 

(in simple I don't want to go doing configurations from the PluginManager)

why? I don't like the plugin Manager -w-"...

Mireneye

High Chromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
What do I do if my skills don't seem to originate from the user? (doesn't center on the user). I don't see an offset anywhere.

?????

Developer??
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What do I do if my skills don't seem to originate from the user? (doesn't center on the user). I don't see an offset anywhere.
go to your plugin manager and in the QuasiMovement Plugin adjust the "Player box" option. :)  you can change its size and its offset

Also I have a suggestion, Making Chain skills, that something like lets say you are using skill1, in its notes have something like "refer to skill2 for 2 seconds" and thus when you use skill1, Skill 2 takes the space on the hotkey for 2 seconds and if you dont use it before time runs out it goes back to being skill1, which may or may not still be on cooldown depending what you set it up to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
go to your plugin manager and in the QuasiMovement Plugin adjust the "Player box" option. :)  you can change its size and its offset

Also I have a suggestion, Making Chain skills, that something like lets say you are using skill1, in its notes have something like "refer to skill2 for 2 seconds" and thus when you use skill1, Skill 2 takes the space on the hotkey for 2 seconds and if you dont use it before time runs out it goes back to being skill1, which may or may not still be on cooldown depending what you set it up to have.
Hum I see kinda likes a charge attacks in a ways 

I will think about it.

Mireneye

High Chromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I second chaining skills. It will be like executing combos. 

Having timed combos with potential extra damage rewards or perhaps less stamina used is really really cool. 

This sadly did not help. My "Player box" settings for the collision and I guess the area from which the skills should originate from are good. But thanks anyways. =)

Looking forward to see where this project will go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you think you could make it so that QuasiHUDA lets you set the font of the skill descriptions when you mouse over skills in the HUD bar? I asked Quasi about this a while ago, but since he's not going to be working on the plugins any longer it seems like he won't be doing that.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for taking up support and feature additions for Quasi's ABS.

?????

Developer??
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hum I see kinda likes a charge attacks in a ways 

I will think about it.
Yes! Could be a charging skill that only when executed it will make a skill available, while also it will allow you to set up combos and more skills into less hot keys, maximizing the use of the space on the screen in a way that wouldn't make it look clustered with too many skills. Also since the basic attack is basically the same thing over again, using this system could add some flavour into spamming the basic attack key, kind of like ,hack-slash-stab-repeat. 

This sadly did not help. My "Player box" settings for the collision and I guess the area from which the skills should originate from are good. But thanks anyways. =)
Sorry not sure what you mean, did you figure out how to fix the issue? 

Shizu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, Thank you for taking up this project again. I really hope to see this project complete. Entity AI feature looks very promising. I don't know how to code but I'm willing to help you in something graphic-related (like sprites or CG,...). I'm a artist (self-claimed though).

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes! Could be a charging skill that only when executed it will make a skill available, while also it will allow you to set up combos and more skills into less hot keys, maximizing the use of the space on the screen in a way that wouldn't make it look clustered with too many skills. Also since the basic attack is basically the same thing over again, using this system could add some flavour into spamming the basic attack key, kind of like ,hack-slash-stab-repeat. 

Sorry not sure what you mean, did you figure out how to fix the issue? 
I will think about it honestly I wanted to implement a Dark cloud styled combo attack.

Hello, Thank you for taking up this project again. I really hope to see this project complete. Entity AI feature looks very promising. I don't know how to code but I'm willing to help you in something graphic-related (like sprites or CG,...). I'm a artist (self-claimed though).

for the moment I don't require helps honestly it's still on beta coding stages.

Moop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I wanted to say- thanks for taking over this! I'm sure it'll be amazing!

?????

Developer??
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How is this project coming along? Any updates? 

Cats777

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this dead?

Jragyn

idk wat this is
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It is a shame, the source hasn't been updated in several months, so either he is updating it on his own local PC, or he got busy and let this go.

On an sorta related note, I kinda have been messing around with this(the original qABS from quasi) and (without any sort of official permission) been trying to do things with it, like make it more... hmm, customizeable? like, I build a simple HUD for the player since I didn't find one that easily just... worked. (unless I messed up in the setup) I functionalized a few other things like realtime regen/poison, etc. If anyone is interested in this, I might be able to create like... a post or something on here officially... somewhere...

Just Yeas

SuperNoob
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It is a shame, the source hasn't been updated in several months, so either he is updating it on his own local PC, or he got busy and let this go.

On an sorta related note, I kinda have been messing around with this(the original qABS from quasi) and (without any sort of official permission) been trying to do things with it, like make it more... hmm, customizeable? like, I build a simple HUD for the player since I didn't find one that easily just... worked. (unless I messed up in the setup) I functionalized a few other things like realtime regen/poison, etc. If anyone is interested in this, I might be able to create like... a post or something on here officially... somewhere...
Hey Jragyn, I'm a noob to RMMV and I've been waiting for working on the original qABS for the past 6 months.

I would love to see  your tweaks to the plugin if it can improve upon the original.

plus, I'm a little worried that everyone who started building an ABS will eventually quit... So the more people who join to make a complete abs , the better 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Okay... This was an important decision. What to say. Happy autumn. :)

It seems opening MZ with the executable doesn't register it in steam. So on my steam account, it says I only used MZ for 5 hours lol.
Our program, who art in memory,
Called by thy name;
Thy operating system run;
Thy function be done at runtime as it was on development.
Give us this day our daily output.
And forgive us our code duplication,
as we forgive those who
duplicate code against us.
And lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from GOTOs.
For thine is algorithm,
The computation, and the solution,
Looping forever and ever.
Return;
NeoPGX wrote on Kes's profile.
Oh hey I just saw your comment on my profile status update.

The thing is I have twitter set up mark all my content as being potentially sensitive by default. I do it as a precaution even though I very rarely upload any such content.
I'm the fly in your soup
I'm the pebble in your shoe
I'm the pea beneath your bed
I'm the bump on every head
I'm the peel on which you slip
I'm the pin in every hip
I'm the thorn in your side
Makes you wriggle and writhe
And it's so easy when you're evil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members