Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

I need a creative solution for a series of common events in my new project. The common events are called with Himes Level Up Events Plugin, but the issue I am having is using Dream X's Capture Enemy Plugin, link as follows:

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/capture-enemies.57771/

It creates copies of actors and allows multiples of the same actor. These copies do not respond to the common events that are called for actors, but do work for the actual actor if I place them into the party. My question is what can I change in my eventing to call a copied actor and still have the same event work for the regular actor? I took a few screenshots of the common event, it is kinda long, not sure if there is a way to post the whole thing at once or not? Screenshot 59 was a copy of 58 so it was omitted for clarification.

Thank everyone in advance for any assistance

Attachments

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you considered ditching the dream x plugin and just make a capture system with pure eventing? Also do you want multiple copies of the same monster? If not that plugin has a parameter that lets you add a level to the actor you’ve already caught instead of duplicating it.

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rugman thank you for your reply, honestly I had not thought of eventing a capture system, I assume that would be through troop events? I do want multiple copies of the same actor but that seems unlikely even if I evented my own capture system. I may have to drop the copied actor thing all together, but would like to hear some other ideas first.

Can anyone think of a way to target a copied actor? Maybe target the party leader or use items? I could drop the level up common event and try to accomplish the same thing with an item I think but I think I run into the same scenario as above.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven’t done it myself but I’ve seen videos of people doing it with events only. A quick google search should show you how. My thinking was that maybe if you used that method the actors might not be considered copies in the same way and could solve your issue.

I’m actually making a similar game using that dreamx plugin as well. Would you mind if I pm you to ask how your handling your party system?

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven’t done it myself but I’ve seen videos of people doing it with events only. A quick google search should show you how. My thinking was that maybe if you used that method the actors might not be considered copies in the same way and could solve your issue.

I’m actually making a similar game using that dreamx plugin as well. Would you mind if I pm you to ask how your handling your party system?
@Rugman I'll do a search for some videos, and post my results here. Also you may PM me if you want.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check out the Instance Actors Plugin by Himeworks. It allows you to create copies of an actor with a unique actor id. Stumbled across it while trying to solve my own problem. The only downside would be the loss of the capture chance parameters that the dreamx plugin gives you but I imagine they could be added in another way.

Edit: You can easily make items or skills with different capture chances based on enemy hp or states using common events and variables. I just did it successfully.

Last edited:

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rugman sounds like what I was looking for! Ill go check it out right now and Edit this post with my results.

EDIT: So I have the Instance Actors Plugin by Himeworks now, and I have evented a crude monster catching system, nothing as elegant as Dreams but it does work. However I still seem to be lacking a way to target an actor using common events. My test event is an event that levels the specified actor, at certain levels a common event is called, but the actor doesn't even level up using the test event. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using the id of the copied chartaur or the original? The instance actor plugin by default starts making copied actor ids at 1000. For instance, the first monster a player caught would have an id of 1000, the next 1001 and so on.

If you want to call on that copy in an event you first need to go to “actors” and change the maximum to over 1000. You will then be able to select those ids in conditional branches.

The problem you might be seeing here is “how do I know what order the player is going catch monsters in and therefor how can I know their id?” I can’t think of solution to this. Maybe you could somehow track the raise in id number with a variable. I suspect if you want to be able to keep your multiple copies of monsters and your evolution system, you will need to write a script.

Let me know if you figure out a way. It would be valuable information for my game as well.

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rugman thanks for the explanation. I will attempt to track the number with a variable and keep track but I don't think it will be a functional evolution system without knowing the actual ID of actors that need to transform. Perhaps their is a way to apply a state to a copied actor? Then check for that state for evolution? I'm trying to think of another eventing solution. Scripting is something I've never done and it may be awhile before someone shares a useful script for this purpose. I'll let you know what I figure out.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps their is a way to apply a state to a copied actor? Then check for that state for evolution?
They’d just all have the same state and it’ be the same as identifying them based on class.

I think I’ve figured out what you need to make this work. You need the ability to check all actors to see if they meet certain conditions instead of a specific one.

For example instead of:

If “actor chartaur” class is skorchtaur.
If “actor chartaur” lvl = 50
Change class: “actor chartaur” to magmataur

If you could instead write:

If “any actor” class is skorchtaur.
If “any actor” lvl = 50
Change class: “previously specified actors” to magmataur

You’d also have to bump their lvl up to 51 afterwards so if they didn't evolve It, the game wouldn’t be perpetually trying to evolve.

I think the most likely way to solve your problem is to find plugins that let you achieve that or to ask someone to write that as a script for you.

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rugman you are correct in checking for a state is the same as checking for a class. I ran quite a few searches for what you suggest above. I found the following script:

$gameParty.members().some(function(member){return member.isClass($dataClasses[ID])});

This script checks all party members to see if their class matches X, its still untested but should work. I have had no luck finding a script that checks if any party member is level X though.

On a different note I think I need Himes Level Up Event plugin to use note tags on classes not actors. What do you think?

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With that script can you then change there class after it finds the right actors?

Haven’t checked out that hime plugin but does it even do anything that can’t be done by calling regular events?

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rugman I haven't tested the script yet, still need to a way to check level but I believe I can change the class using a conditional branch with both as a script call. I started another thread for the specific question about a script that would check each party member's level.

The Hime Level Up Event Plugin allows you to use a note tag on an actor and call a common event when they level up. With it I was able to create an event that healed the actor and restored its MP on every level up, including animations and sound effects plus run a conditional branch that checked actor class and level and if both class and level were correct transform the actor.

EDIT: Ritter helped me with our dilemma concerning a way to check all party members for class ID X and Level X with the following scripts:

Code:
for (let i = 0; i < $gameParty._actors.length; i++) {
  if ($gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[i])._classId == X && $gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[i]._level == X)) {
    // do whatever you want here
  }
}
Ritter also offered to finish my script for me, I gave them more information. It may be too much though so we will see. They altered the level up plugin to now work with classes instead of actors.

These are conditional branches that check class ID and Level within the party:

Code:
Conditional Branch for party member 1
$gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[0])._classId == X && $gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[0])._level == X

Conditional Branch for party member 2
$gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[1])._classId == X && $gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[1])._level == X

Conditional Branch for party member 3
$gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[2])._classId == X && $gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[2])._level == X

Conditional Branch for party member 4
$gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[3])._classId == X && $gameActors.actor($gameParty._actors[3])._level == X

Last edited:

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn’t sound like that plugin is going to work with copied actors since you’d have to already have the note tags in the empty actor slots and you don’t know what actors are going to be copied into those slots.

I think you may be able to achieve the same thing with regular events though.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013
Ami
--- Swimming ---

F.Knight: This Shrine always Flood. We don't have a choice,we have to Swimming in this place
F.Healer: That Insane!
F.Mage: We can use…Boat,rather than Swimming
F.Knight: You guys…Can't Swim?
F.Healer & F.Mage: (Shocked) Eehh??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M12YT