Dreamer's Workshop! [Hiatus]

Dreamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
 ​
Hey guys! Final exam week is coming and I'll be extremely busy studying, so I won't take any more
requests for a while. I will keep doing the requests i've already got, but it may take a while.
Thank you for your understanding! :)
 ​

Hi! I'm Dreamer, and I’m new here. I’ve been lurking the forums for years, but I wanted to make things for other people too, so here I am :)

I have been drawing for a long time now, and it’s finally turned… fairly decent.

I’m not very experienced with portraits and the RTP style, but I’ve seen it done over the years, and know how to mimic the style to a certain degree.

I’ve been using Photoshop a few years now, and consider myself pretty fluent in it.

This shop is for practice reasons only, and requests are completely free!

The only requirement is that you have a good idea of what you want, and that you credit me! ^^

What I can do:

• Portraits (edits or scratch)
  • Facesets (single or emo)
  • Edit generator faces
  • Simple spriting (frankens and minor editing/colour change)
  • Traditional art/concept design
  • Title screens/animated
  • Game over screens
  • monsters/battlers (I haven't really done this before, but I would like to try)
I will not:

• I will NOT be making generator emotions.
  • No nudity or content over 18+

I update my work frequently on DeviantArt, so visit me there! :)  X

None of these are for use unless stated :)

Drawings:

Character art:

This one is all from scratch, except the hair, which is an edit of an edit (I can't remember who made it, if you know, please tell me :) )​
of the bunny girl from the RTP.​
The first made entirely from scratch. A bit rough :I​
An old edit. heavy edit of an RTP actor, he looks very loony.​
Feel free to use this however you want! :)  /\​
This is Sarquin, and he's not finished ^_^​
 ​
A request done for 2kreturner. An edit of actor 1-3 :)
Other drawings:

/\ If you request a battler, the style will probably be something like this... but this one isn't finished.

Graphics:

The request i did for Meiri!

Request done for <<Skeith>>!

Request done for MinisterJay!

Request done for MinisterJay!
Pixelstuff

Request done for 2kreturner! (keep in mind, I made none of these...)

• Please use the forms I provide.
  • Now in the start, I will only take one or two requests at a time!
  • The maximum limit per request is two things, for example, 2 portraits. To keep it fair and avoid huge workloads:)
  • Please be clear in your descriptions and try to have a clear language. English isn’t my first language, so if there are any misunderstandings, please be patient!
  • Please be polite! If there is anything you’re dissatisfied with, state the reason and what I should do to make it better. 
  • If you want me to edit something someone else made, please make sure beforehand that the artist permits editing.
  • I will only make revisions a few times. I’d rather like you to be clear and tell me exactly what you don’t like and what you want changed. Don’t be shy!
  • If you have a rough sketch or something similar, please show me! Anything would be great 

• You need to credit me and all the individual artists that may have helped form the piece.
    F.ex. If I edit an edit for you, you need to credit both me and the one who edited it before. I will not edit something without a source, since it can bring me a lot trouble too.
  • Please wait at least a week or two before demanding it done. I am in the last half of my second year at high school, my teachers can be sadistic about homework, and I have a life outside the internet too. 
  • I retain the right to refuse any request, for any reason.
  • Unless specified, I hold the rights to anything I’ve created.
  • If you want a resource that isn’t open to use for anyone but yourself, tell me and we’ll work something out.
  • My work is only free for non-commercial projects. If you would like something for a commercial game, please state it in the beginning.

Portraits

·      Scratch or edit?

o   If edit, link or post the image here.

·      Style

o    RTP, Anime, I’ll mimic other styles, but I can’t guarantee good results.

·      Gender?

·      Describe His/her appearance as thoroughly and detailed as possible.

o   Ex. Build, hair type, skin colour.

·      Describe his/her personality and story (this can make a great difference!)

o   Ex. Brave, selfish, evil, kind-hearted.

·      Describe his/her clothes, accessories, etc.

o   If you have any concrete examples of the clothes you want, that’d be fantastic! The clothes I design are very dull.

·      If you have any concept art of this character, please show me J

o   Everything from paintings to rough sketches help!

·      Extra

o   If there is anything you want to add that I haven’t put above, put it here!
Face sets + emo

·      Please copy the portrait form and fill in these.

o   (if you’re requesting both, you don’t need to copy)

o   (If you just want emo/edit on an existing face, skip this!)

·      Single faceset or emotion?

·      If emotion, state the expressions you would like. (up to 8 expressions!)

o   Ex. Idle, angry, smile, grin, blush, shout, cry, pout.

·      How extreme do you want them?

o   Does this character express his/her emotions clearly?

·      Extra

o   If there is anything you want to add that I haven’t put above, put it here!
Concept Art

·      Style?

o    RTP, Anime, I’ll mimic other styles, but I can’t guarantee good results.

·      What exactly do you want?

o   Ex. A character, a monster, an item? Please describe elaborately.

·      If you want a character, please copy the portrait form and paste it here.
Title screen

·      Main text: (the title of your game)

·      Sub text: (an undertitle for example, or a catchphrase – leave blank if none)

·      Describe what you want it to look like.

·      Your game’s genre

·      Your game’s theme

·      Special colours you like?

·      Things I should not do?

·      If you have examples of styles you like, link to them here!
Game over screen

·      Text: Standard ’game over’ or something else?

·      Describe what you want it to look like.

·      Your game’s genre

·      Your game’s theme

·      Special colours you like?

·      Things I should not do?

·      If you have examples of styles you like, link to them here!

Finished Requests:

This was done for OM3GA-Z3RO :)
Current Requests:

1. Rpglover88's fullbody 
  2. Blindga's Title Screen
If you want to request something from me, please read my terms first! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Wow you have real art skills those demonstrations look so well made, I love that Game Over screen, I might request something this afternoon for a game over screen.

Dreamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Wow you have real art skills those demonstrations look so well made, I love that Game Over screen, I might request something this afternoon for a game over screen.
Thanks! :D Feel free to request ^^

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Screw it, nothing is happening at work I will just request now

Game Over Screen Request.

Text: Game Over

Looks: I want a magic rune behind the text and it looks like it is shattered in the center and it is breaking apart.

Game Genre: Fantasy, adventure, action

Game Theme:  Mainly about Mages and the world is governed by magic

Special colours: That's a difficult one can I leave that up to you? If not then I would like the Text to have a

luminescent glow of blue while the text is black so it can stand out while it is in front of the

shattered rune.

Example: This is how my Title screen looks like, _elvenheart made my title screen out of the whim

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/26834-need-a-title-screen-for-coming-game/#entry257719

Looking forward to what you come up with.

Dreamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Okay, it'll probably be done later tonight :)

Edit: Sorry, this'll probably take more than an evening :S

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A couple things here...

First, I'd like to say that your work is beautiful, especially the character Melody. She is gorgeous!

Second, it didn't say you did banner images but it also wasn't listed among the things you definitely would not do so I'd like to ask; would you consider doing one?

I have a game idea and I want a banner image for the main post when I make a thread about the project. I have a fairly detailed idea, though I still need to come up with an actual title for it.

rpglover88

Rpg & Anime Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi Dreamer, your drawings are really good! :)

Before i request something, i have a question. Can you draw full characters?

Dreamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
A couple things here...

First, I'd like to say that your work is beautiful, especially the character Melody. She is gorgeous!

Second, it didn't say you did banner images but it also wasn't listed among the things you definitely would not do so I'd like to ask; would you consider doing one?

I have a game idea and I want a banner image for the main post when I make a thread about the project. I have a fairly detailed idea, though I still need to come up with an actual title for it.
Hi, thanks a lot:D I'm kinda proud of her haha ^_^

yeah, I do make banners, I just forgot to list it :I I can absolutely make a banner for you, but you may want a title for your game first ;)

Hi Dreamer, your drawings are really good! :)

Before i request something, i have a question. Can you draw full characters?
Thank you:D Hmm, I can do it, but that would usually come under concept art :) Did you have the rtp style in mind?

rpglover88

Rpg & Anime Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Youre welcome! :D And yes, i already made faces with the Ace generator and i used a character maker to give you an idea of what my characters should look like.

Here you go! :D

Style?

RTP

What exactly do you want?

A full character. Well... 2 actually.

Scratch or edit?

I already have a face for both and i used a character maker on the net to show you what kind of clothing i want the characters to have.

1st character is Adar. Hes a guy, 5'11". A normal build should be ok (not fat but dont make him a muscle man either! :guffaw:  ). For the hair type and skin color, heres the face i made with the Ace generator:

As for the clothes, this is an exemple i made with a character maker i found on the net:

Its not exactly perfect, heres what i couldnt do: All his clothes should be darker. The interior of his vest is scarlet red. If you can, please remove the pockets on the side of his vest. His pants are ok, just darken them a lil bit. For his shoes, im not really sure how to describe it so ill link a picture. This is the kind of shoes i want you to put on Adar:

Adar is aggressive, vulgar and violent towards almost everyone except the people he respects.

Now for the 2nd character, Keanu: Shes a girl around 5'8". A small/normal build should be good. Once again, for the hair style and skin color, heres her portrait that i made with the Ace generator:

And for her clothes:

Keanu is kind, Mature and can be strict with her little sister.

Thats all! If you still have questions, let me know! :D

Edit: I forgot to ask something. I have 2 other characters that needs to be edited. How long should i wait before making another request?

Dreamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Your request is noted :) I have a few other requests that I need to complete before I make yours, and it's pretty complicated, so it can take some time to finish :)

rpglover88

Rpg & Anime Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thats fine with me. As long as you dont forget about my request, i dont mind waiting.

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yeah, I do make banners, I just forgot to list it :I I can absolutely make a banner for you, but you may want a title for your game first ;)
Glad to hear it and thank you!

As for naming it first, I fully intend to, it was just that I wanted to know whether to keep track of your workshop for when I had a title figured out or look elsewhere.

The short story of mine that I am using as the basis is called "An Accidental Spell" but that only fits the very beginning that sets everything else off. It is driving me crazy trying to find something that fits the game as a whole! ><

Dreamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Glad to hear it and thank you!

As for naming it first, I fully intend to, it was just that I wanted to know whether to keep track of your workshop for when I had a title figured out or look elsewhere.

The short story of mine that I am using as the basis is called "An Accidental Spell" but that only fits the very beginning that sets everything else off. It is driving me crazy trying to find something that fits the game as a whole! ><
You know what, I have the exact same problem :I I agree, it's so frustrating!

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe we could try to help each other with thinking of titles?

If you want to look it over the info on mine is in the 3 oldest(furthest down the list) of my blog posts. I could go over yours as well if you don't mind sharing.

Anyway, if you want to then we should probably continue in PMs instead so we don't sidetrack your workshop thread.

Dreamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
@OM3GA-Z3RO your game over is done! :)

I was a bit confused as to how I would make it appear to be cracking, but I came up with this at least ^^

Tell me if there's anything you want to change! 

I made the circle myself, so you don't need to credit anyone for that, but the fonts require a donation to be able to use them commercially :) They're free for personal use.

rpglover88

Rpg & Anime Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Wow! Thats really beautiful! Good job Dreamer! :D

rpglover88

Rpg & Anime Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Youre welcome! :) Keep up the good work.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Awesome work Dreamer, I make non-commercial games though but I will certainly use this.

You can definitely expect me to come back to you when I need anymore of your skills.

Dreamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Awesome work Dreamer, I make non-commercial games though but I will certainly use this.

You can definitely expect me to come back to you when I need anymore of your skills.
Thank you, i'm glad you like it! :D Yeah, come back whenever ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Don't mind me, just installing a fog machine. :LZSwink:

I can't stop looping this BGM while at work since I began to play PSO2. It just too good for mood booster.
How to post a picture there in the status feed?
So I was at the grocery store trying to reach for some small garbage bags on the top shelf way in the back. Instead of going all the way downstairs to find someone to help me I grabbed a broom and pulled it down. Putting the broom back I said, "Thank you for your service".
S.O.S.--10:16pm......two toddlers still awake....send help...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garycomehome