Dreams to Games

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, how's this for weird recurring dreams...

Sometimes I dream that I'm naked. I seem to be the only one that notices, and I'm not at all embarrassed. (No, that wasn't a pun.)

amaSenpai

LP: amaSenpai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They always have those kinds of dreams in t.v shows and movies, and the character gets laughed at. You seem to have the better end, where you aren't embarrassed.

My only clothing mishaps in dreams seem to be "oh no, I'm not in uniform!!", when I think I'm back in my old job. Particularly not having my hair in a bun. I run around trying to avoid everyone like I'm in a Metal Gear game.

Slammy

Protector of the Library
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh man, my dreams are a huge inspiration for almost everything I make. It really is a fascinating subject for me.

I still remember vividly this very strange dream series of sorts I had when I was younger, it followed me and my friends trying to save the world from a friend of mine turned evil for some weird reason. Overall, lots of crazy stuff happened and I remember sharing everything that did with my friends at the lunch table, was really a great time.

However, there was this really strange recurring monster dude. He was a regular looking man for the most part, he wore quite the nice suit. The thing that was most odd about him though was the fact that he had an eyeball for a head. Plus, for some unknown reason, he'd always say this and this only: "Did somebody say corporate casual?" We'd always answer no. He popped up about 3 times in the dreams but the weirdest part was what happened in my last one.

We had just beaten the evil friend, when he shows up again. He asks his usual question, and one of us for some reason says yes. It was silent for a few seconds and then suddenly I woke up with chills down my spine. After that, I never had a dream of a similar nature again.

That whole experience of sharing those weird dreams with my friends at the lunch table was really memorable for me and it is definitely a concept (though maybe with a bit more sense to it) I'd love to turn into a game in the future!

amaSenpai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Rusty_Gears That is a cool recurring character to see in dreams. I wonder if he ever represented anything? I've seen some really amazing characters in that "object head" type of creation. If you have ever seen this -- RGB from The Property of Hate is an amazing example.

Your dream seems so much fun with adventures and bad guy slaying. I wish people could share dreams. Imagine everyone remembering how they took down the final boss.

---------

Had my own epic of a dream, where I may have been some sort of reincarnation of princess Zelda. It started off in a library. They had a few experimental vitamins you could get a sample of, and I qualified for a certain kind. There was an expectation of it really focusing you, so I was going to take them to "change my life".

But before I could, I started hearing of problems my boyfriend had. He was a very well respected and high society kind of guy. As the dream went on, it seemed like he was only so successful because of the vitamins -- and they were all kinds of addicting... possibily deadly.

I started to investigate back at the library. But the people were really strange. Some wouldn't talk to me, some watched me intently. A few would spit out insults on how even if i took the pills i would be, at best, of normal value. Then I was pulled into conversation with my father about how he was the one to create them, with the intent of taking control over everything and everyone.

I hid in the library. Pills were spilling everywhere. I had to climb in pill-filled ducts and climb the rafters to avoid being spotted. If I was caught, the whole library would start swarming and attacking me. I ran toward the exit and it was pitch black outside. There was an immense circle of woods with a path. I ducked behind a wall if trees, and saw a four-wheeler ready for my escape. 

I drove off. As the day drew nearer I had a genre change, and I moved from first person to third person perspective. I started collecting any useful item around. Tried to find bits of armor to replace the set I seemed to already be wearing. I was still female, but now I was masquerading as male. (This is when I "knew" myself to be Zelda).

I saw a young teen boy when the morning came. I spoke to him and he talked of a war coming soon. He was worried, but said he had a good sword. I told him I knew of an even better set of boots (and since this boy was pretty novice, defense was sure to save his life over clumsy swordplay) that I would trade him when I found them.

He took the offer, and I woke up as I set off to find more people.

amaSenpai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One part of last night's dream that stands out. 

I was at a home where a bunch of people were staying. They gave us a mattress to sleep on, and we got to pick where we wanted to put it.

There was a door that opened up to a 'room' sized space that was actually outside. A large willow tree was in the middle of a sea of grass. And there was a river to the side of it. But it was raining. My husband was insistent that we sleep there! I tried to lay down, but the drips kept us awake.

Last edited by a moderator:

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love this topic! I have a notepad app on my phone for when ideas come to me (whether at work, school, hanging out with friends, or after a creative dream) :)

Anyway, I had this dream once where I was in a tall building (in what I assume NYC). Everything seemed normal, I was in either a business meeting or office party (I can't remember this part too well). Out of no where, the skies turned red and explosions can be seen erupting from outside our office window. Everyone was panicking of course, and everyone evacuated the building.

At some point, I had grouped up with my parents and sister and we were in the country side trying to find shelter and safety. At this point we learned that aliens had invaded Earth. These aliens were very small (about the size of a golf ball) but they moved in swarms. They were robotic looking, with a singular red eyes, and had gears for teeth. When they attacked someone they would do so in a way similar to how a swarm of piranhas would kill their prey in a cartoon.

It gets foggy from here and all I remember at this point was that I grouped up with a small team of survivors in a Wal-Mart like store. :popcorn:

amaSenpai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@JAD94

I can definitely see a picture in my head! It sounds intense -- there are a ton of examples of swarms of enemies being terrifying. Like the Birds movie, or in One Punch Man with the mosquitoes sucking people dry.

If not a game, it would make a pretty amazing movie. A rag tag bunch of people stuck in Walmart start to McGuyver up some weapons to fight back. Maybe getting lawn mowers and Molotov cocktails to get rid of them.

It sounds really fun!!

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JAD94

I can definitely see a picture in my head! It sounds intense -- there are a ton of examples of swarms of enemies being terrifying. Like the Birds movie, or in One Punch Man with the mosquitoes sucking people dry.

If not a game, it would make a pretty amazing movie. A rag tag bunch of people stuck in Walmart start to McGuyver up some weapons to fight back. Maybe getting lawn mowers and Molotov cocktails to get rid of them.

It sounds really fun!!
YES! My original take away from this dream was that it would make a great movie! Or, some sort of alien horror survival game ^_^

amaSenpai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had the craziest dream last night.

I vaguely remember meeting a man on an airplane who was doing magic tricks and I was one of the "helpers". He gave me an empty envelope and was filling it with papers even though I held it tight. But when I revealed the papers it had the names of mine and three other people who were involved in some sort of information collection on the guy and his group.... Which was a Russian terrorist organization.

He was going to oust us and kill us. But I had enough time to take my name out of the pile and get rid of it. So when he revealed everything I played innocent. The plane then started going crazy, and began to crash.  Someone was able to right it (luckily), until it just stopped in midair.

A green light filled certain parts of the area and the entire plane changed -- it was now a big Hall leading elsewhere. If you looked up you could see a green sun-like object and if you were directly in the path of the green light everything slowed down.

The men started to chase me, and I took one of the girls on the plane who was in my organization and ran. We fell into this ever changing floor puzzle that Sat on top of water and had to run across. Then it crumbled away and we had to stay afloat while the current turned into some sort of amusement park slide and we had to fight for air.

Then, I woke up.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Oh, @Alexander Amnell, the poor thing!  I hope she's feeling better, now.  At that age it's actually pretty common to have nightmares with no actual source material.  At least, I did, anyway.  Of course, according to my parents, when I was younget than that, I had screaming-in-my-sleep, can't-wake-up night terrors.  I'm glad I don't remember that.  

Last night, I dreamt that I was at work (eek!), selling electronics as usual, when I once again had to have a discussion with someone about how yes, if you bury a car battery under your cherry trees--or other flowering trees--you'll get brighter, longer-lasting blossoms.  Cuz.  Yknow.  Everybody knows that, right?

Idril

Widdershins Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have lots of weird dreams, but I can hardly remember any of them after time has passed. I sometimes have the ability to sort-of control what happens, mostly limited to rewinding short periods of time in order to try a different outcome if something goes very bad.

Once I had a dream where a group of people (some of my family among them) and I were trying to navigate some zombie apocalypse setting, which was for some odd reason infested mostly with zombie cheerleaders (we may have been at a university, which would explain the cheerleaders). The zombies caught up with us at one point and we lost one of our group members. We ended up inside a building, where we figured we were safe (it seemed kind of like a hospital of some kind), and we all sat down to take a breather and get water and all that. We had a mother with a baby with us, so she sat down to give the baby food. We were all just standing around while she took out the bottle and stuff, and the baby just got this extremely weird look on its face all of a sudden. It opened its mouth into this wide, creepy smile, and it had these huge sharp teeth. And it just said, in the cutest, creepiest little voice - "I'm going to kill you!". And promptly jumps down her throat and presumably eats her from the inside, while we all look on in horror. It climbs out of her, and comes for the rest of us. I think it jumped down my throat, but then I rewound the dream and killed it with a flamethrower or some other large weapon before it could come at me at all. It might make an interesting game, where the zombies are much less threatening than what is inside the shelter buildings - but it was not a good dream.

Then there are the fun dreams that don't happen often, ones with celebrities and such. I had one once where Tom Hiddleston was a family friend and I was shamelessly flirting with him for the entire length of the dream. And once one where I was riding a horse on a beach during the sunset (in the dream I had some sense that there was a terrorist invasion going on, but apparently I wasn't too concerned). But those wouldn't make very good games lol :)

amaSenpai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@captainproton I'll keep that car battery tip in mind if I ever decide to plant a tree.

@Idril Interestingly enough, I can also do that 'rewind' you talk about. Sometimes it is harder to change what happens, and I end up stuck rewinding and dying a few times before I can move on (or wake up). Zombie cheerleaders remind me of the game Lollypop Chainsaw. I think the protagonist is one.

___

My own dream had a man with very pretty long hair. He was showing off different hairstyles and I really wanted to try one. They were really complicated, but one looked easy enough to do. I remembered how the tutorial was going after I woke up so I tried it!

... it was really ugly.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I don't get to lucid dream that often.  (Lucid dreaming being where you can consciously influence the dream, as opposed to watching a mental cutscene.). Usually, when I realize it is a dream, my brain just admits defeat and I wake up.  Occasionally, though, it tries to throw me for a loop by immediately beginning a new dream sequence.  

And @Idril, that would really be cool, being friends with Tom Hiddleston. Once, I dreamt I visited my grandma, passing a broken down car on the way, and arrived to find Grandma serving sandwiches and potato salad to Dave Chappell, Jennifer Aniston, and a third celebrity, whom I can't remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I wanna try making my game into an app because that sounds cool but I am so lost on how to :kaocry:
I found some tutorial but they all seem to use an older android studio(2.3.3)? I think the current version is 4.0.1?
is there an updated tutorial or do I need to find a way to get 2.3.3.?
My heart goes out to the family of Cannon Hinnant. Shame on all major news networks in America for not reporting that a 5 year old was executed by a grown man. Absolutely disgusting.
I hope Turkey and Greece can settle on the resources dispute peacefully.
whos hyped for rpg maker mz :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takacie