RMVXA DREAMWORLD [Rough-ish game concept]

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by SailorRose, Jul 19, 2018.

?

Which character interests you the most?

1. Arielle

2. Jade

3. Beau

4. Xander

5. Snovven

6. Narissa

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SailorRose

SailorRose Pietro Fattorello Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

[​IMG]

May not be suitable for children under 13. Strong language and mild depictions of violence will be included in the game.

Plot summary

As the world of Pangea is threatened by unspoken evil, Princess Narissa from the kingdom of Berylia recruits a fearless young warrior to help her; his name is Arielle. Along with a mysterious mage called Jade, he'll embark on a journey through the world to find the five holy gemstones and save their universe from impending doom. However, Jade seems to know something no one else is aware of, something that he refuses to let on. Can Arielle break through Jade's shell before it's too late? Is his knowledge the fine line between salvation and destruction for Pangea?

Main features

• CG gallery
    • Choices that will affect the outcome of the events on the game
    • Two possible endings, one default and one unlockable
    • Turn-based combat
    • Joint/Team techniques
    • Quest journal

Characters

[​IMG]

Arielle

Class: Knight

Personality:
    A bright-eyed, enthusiastic lad. Arielle is adventurous and always looking for new horizons to explore, he can’t seem to stay in the same place for too long before he’s itching to discover new grounds. Arielle is also selfless, constantly helping people along the way of his adventures whenever he gets a chance; he will never see someone in need and simply look the other way, he’ll somehow get involved no matter how small or big the predicament. This eagerness to explore and help others, however, often puts him right in the line of fire; he always seems to find a way out, but his dumb luck can only help him for so long… At least that’s what everyone says, but what do they know?

Backstory: Born in the kingdom of Berylia to a loving family with a long lineage of knights and swordsmen, Arielle started his training at a very young age. Being a ‘real hero’ has been his dream for as long as he can remember, exploring the world and go on great wide adventures, rescuing princesses and slaying big scary monsters. Now, his dreams might finally become a reality.

[​IMG]

Jade

Class: Mage

Personality: Quiet, and at first glance, unapproachable. Jade is a mysterious young man who somehow always seems to know where to go, and what to do next. He doesn’t talk much, he doesn’t interact a lot with the people around him and he seems entirely uninterested in being a team player of any sorts. Really, he doesn’t let on much about himself, but he definitely seems to know something that no one else does.

Backstory: All that’s on record about Jade is that he was born somewhere in the kingdom of Berylia, likely being the only living member of his family as he’s always seen alone. All of that changes as soon as he meets Arielle, and he’s entangled into the boy’s adventures and shenanigans; much to his dismay. Even so… Jade seems really protective of Arielle, what does he see in the boy that’s worth risking his life for?

[​IMG]

Beau

Class: Warrior

Personality: A cunning and intelligent young man, always determined to get what he wants. He’s resourceful and quick-witted, but his over confidence can get the better of him every once in a while. Although he mostly only considers his own interests, he’s willing to help others along the way and give back whenever he gets the chance, but he knows when to stay out of the fray and just run off with the loot.

Backstory: Born in a small region in the island of Solaria, from a young age Beau has always wanted to explore the outskirts of the town; and even further beyond the shore. A fateful day, when he noticed a large, unfamilar ship on the dock, he decided to investigate. That’s when he met Xander, and together they sailed off. Currently on some down time as they haven’t had a great adventure in a long while, the duo is waiting for something exciting to come their way… And they might just finally get the kick that they needed.

[​IMG]

Xander

Class: Warrior

Personality: It’s not easy to describe Xander in a single word or sentence. Cocky, flirtatious, adventurous, excitable, loud, fearless, impulsive. A man that lives life day by day and rarely ever thinks of long term consequences or danger, jumping straight from one thrill to the next with little to no down time in between to take a breather. “Life is too short to wait for things to come to you, you gotta go looking for adventure” is his philosophy. He’s not ashamed of his mistakes, the scars on his body or the wounds that he so proudly flashes, he sees them as badges of honor. For at least he’s walked out alive of situations that most peasants wouldn’t ever dream of going into. And he has no plans of slowing down soon.

Backstory: The wealthy, dignified kingdom of Kunziria is the last place where anyone would think a person like Xander could come from, but that’s exactly where he was born and raised. Trapped under the guidance of a strict stepmother, one day Xander simply up and left without a trace, without so much as a word’s notice to anyone as to where he was headed.

In Beau, he found the family that he never saw in his stepmother or even his birth parents. Someone who wanted the same as him, someone who didn’t just want to settle for whatever the higher ups had in store for their kind; they both wanted to sail across the world. Xander was a solo player for a long time, but it’s about time he found a team he can identify as the family he never had.

[​IMG]

Snovven

Class: Healer

Personality: A young everyman with a heart of gold. Laid back and reserved for the most part, Snovven will rarely, if ever, be caught raising his voice or getting in an argument. That is, unless he has to stand up for someone in need. Kind hearted and emotional, it’s easier for him to think rationally when it’s his own well-being on the line, rather than anyone else’s.

Backstory: Born in Zaphyre, Snovven had to learn how to take care of himself after losing his parents at a very young age. With no one else to turn to, he built himself a small home and worked as hard as he could to keep himself alive. With time, he became sort of a big brother to everyone in the small village, the one anyone could turn to whenever they needed help. The thought of leaving his home and exploring rarely ever crossed his mind, as that simple life was the only thing he ever knew, and he grew comfortable in his enviroment. But when he meets Arielle, something about the boy’s eagerness for adventure proves contagious to him. For once, he might just try to step out of his comfort zone and see the world for the first time.

[​IMG]

Princess Narissa

Graceful and soft-spoken, yet with an aura of autority. She doesn’t let on much about herself, but she presents herself with kindness and patience, accepting of anyone who comes to her in times of need, willing to do anything for her people. Desperate for help as she can sense impending doom nearing the world, she sends the valiant young warrior Arielle out on a mission to retrieve the Holy Five; powerful gemstones that can thwart even the strongest of evil. She sees something special in the boy, something no other warrior in the land posseses, she has faith that he’ll be able to pull through, no matter how tough it gets. Hopefully, her faith isn’t misplaced.

I don't have much else to show for now, but I thought this'd be enough to start off a thread, at least! The plot is very barebones for now, and though there's more to it, i'd like to keep this thread spoiler-free for the moment. (If you've read my previous post on the 'ideas that don't deserve their own thread' thread you'll know where this is going, hah, but shhhhh.)

I hope you like what I've got so far and hopefully get some feedback : ) I'll post the outline of the plot when I'm actually done with it!

XdnaX likes this.
  2. ValentinaSama67

ValentinaSama67 Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Uuuuh~~ This is an interesting game concept!!
    I liked Jade a lot! He seems very very interesting, I would love to know more about him!
    About Beau... Why did I catch a Belle from beauty and the beast vibe from him???
    Anyways... This is looking really good so far! I'd love to hear more about it!
    I have been working on a few games myself, but nothing serious, if you want help for
    anything story or art related, PM me! I would totally help you out if you would like, besides...
    This game concept has a lot of potential to it! Keep up the good work!

SailorRose likes this.
  3. SailorRose

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you so much! And Beau is actually based on Belle... they're all based on popular disney princesses/characters actually : )

Thank you for offering help! It's greatly appreciated. <3

4. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Came here bcz the title is tickling me (Since I'm also making the same setting of 'other world' concept)
    So far the plot summary is standard but I see you're planning to put some twist.

As for the character, ngl Jade looks cool and maybe currently my fave. I thought it was female since Jade is also a female name.
    But anyway, is that a magic arrow? I like so see a character that can created out of thin air. So he got a quite spotlight for me.

I haven't read thoroughly all the characters summary. Since I'm counting on you to present them in game than having me to read their summary before hand in your thread.

SailorRose likes this.
  5. SailorRose

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah I'm intentionally making the 'plot' as simple as possible because the real focus will be on the characters and the eventual twist, I'm planning to let the players go into it expecting a regular game and then shake things up halfway through.

Jade seems quite popular, I'm glad about that since he's gonna play a truly major part later on, I won't give too much away though. And yeah, he can basically craft arrows out of magic, he's a mage so they can be created from water, fire, lightning etc.

And of course, everything in this summary will be explained and expanded upon in-game!

6. barnzie8

barnzie8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A bit hard to be pick a favorite, we don't know much about them. I choose Xander, backstory intrigued me the most. I also thought Jade was a women on first look.

SailorRose likes this.
  7. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I basically would write what @barnzie8 has already said. Except Arielle interested me the most, I guess I'm just curious as to how whatever Jade's secret is could effect him as a person.