DreamX Options

Crysillion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Great! Fantastic as usual.

A question again, if you don't mind. Some plugins, such as Yanfly's Keyboard Config plugin and Yanfly's Action Sequences have options in the Option Menu. Keyboard Config has an option called "Keyboard Config" which, if selected, allows the player to set their key bindings for their playthrough of the game, and Yanfly's Action Sequences allows the user to disable any kind of zoom-in, pan, etc. effect that the player attaches to skills in combat.

When using your Help Window, these selections have no info in the Help Window box. Not entirely surprising, but is there any way I can put in Help Text for these selections regardless?

EDIT: Also, it looks like in the case of enabling your Fullscreen option button, if I hit right, it turns it on, and goes full-screen, but if I hit right again, it stays on, but goes windowed, and then if I go left, it turns off, but goes full-screen. Looks like you can just go left multiple times and toggle it without actually changing the on/off text. Same for going right.

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

A question again, if you don't mind. Some plugins, such as Yanfly's Keyboard Config plugin and Yanfly's Action Sequences have options in the Option Menu. Keyboard Config has an option called "Keyboard Config" which, if selected, allows the player to set their key bindings for their playthrough of the game, and Yanfly's Action Sequences allows the user to disable any kind of zoom-in, pan, etc. effect that the player attaches to skills in combat.

When using your Help Window, these selections have no info in the Help Window box. Not entirely surprising, but is there any way I can put in Help Text for these selections regardless?
Yes. Basically, for other plugins that add options, you're going to look for the symbol they use. The easiest way to find this is to search for

this.addCommand

In the plugin file. The one(s) you are looking for will probably be within the Window_Options class.

For example, if I do that in Yanfly's Keyboard Config file, I'll find this in a function in the Window_Options class:

this.addCommand(Yanfly.Param.KeyConfigName, 'keyConfig', true);

So, the symbol is 'keyConfig'

I will add an entry under HELP_TEXT in the json file using this symbol.

For example, I would add this:

"keyConfig": "This will allow you to configure the keys",

You're going to do it the same way as the other help text examples, so make sure that if its the last entry, it does NOT have a comma at the end, otherwise it should.

If you have trouble finding the symbol for an option, try asking the plugin author.

For the battle camera option that Yanfly Actions Sequence 3 adds, the symbol is battleCamera

I'll add this information to documentation for my plugin later.

zodiak030

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
Hi dreamx, thanks for this awesome plugin.

I have just a little problem. The screen resolution option doesn't work.

I updated RPG maker mv to version 1.3.1 and the option stop work. When i set a resolution the game restart but still remain as the default resolution of the game. I can't figure out what is the problem. The version of YEP_CoreEngine is 1.17. All the other option work fine.

thanks in advance, I really appreciate your work.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

EDIT: Also, it looks like in the case of enabling your Fullscreen option button, if I hit right, it turns it on, and goes full-screen, but if I hit right again, it stays on, but goes windowed, and then if I go left, it turns off, but goes full-screen. Looks like you can just go left multiple times and toggle it without actually changing the on/off text. Same for going right.
Thanks. This should be fixed in the latest version.

Hi dreamx, thanks for this awesome plugin.

I have just a little problem. The screen resolution option doesn't work.

I updated RPG maker mv to version 1.3.1 and the option stop work. When i set a resolution the game restart but still remain as the default resolution of the game. I can't figure out what is the problem. The version of YEP_CoreEngine is 1.17. All the other option work fine.

thanks in advance, I really appreciate your work.
That's strange. I am not having this problem.

I will ask that you prepare a small demo recreating the problem in as few steps as possible. You can use this, make sure to copy all of the necessary updates for 1.31 (base scripts, libs folder, index.html). This will allow me to fix the problem as fast as possible.

zodiak030

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
Thanks. This should be fixed in the latest version.

That's strange. I am not having this problem.

I will ask that you prepare a small demo recreating the problem in as few steps as possible. You can use this, make sure to copy all of the necessary updates for 1.31 (base scripts, libs folder, index.html). This will allow me to fix the problem as fast as possible.
So i recreated the demo just like you told me. I copied all my file from NewData of 1.31 on Super Small Debug Demo. I noticed a really courious thing. If i put the plugin DreamX Option before YEP Engine the game start normally, but the problem still remain. If i put the same plugin after the YEP Engine the game start normally and the problem is fixed.

It could be easy to fix except that in MY PROJECT if i put the plugin DreamX AFTER the Core the game will not start leaving to me only a black screen without any errors message. Thanks for support.

View attachment Demo.rar

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It could be easy to fix except that in MY PROJECT if i put the plugin DreamX AFTER the Core the game will not start leaving to me only a black screen without any errors message.
Thank you. Please prepare a demo with the black screen problem. Otherwise I can't know what the problem is.

zodiak030

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
Thank you. Please prepare a demo with the black screen problem. Otherwise I can't know what the problem is.
While I was preparing the demo I found the solution. The problem is the GamepadConfig plugin by Yanfly. When i turn it off the game start normally and the resolution option works very well.

So the problem is just an incompatibility with Gamepad plugin.

I attached the project with the problem.

Thanks.

View attachment Demo.rar

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While I was preparing the demo I found the solution. The problem is the GamepadConfig plugin by Yanfly. When i turn it off the game start normally and the resolution option works very well.

So the problem is just an incompatibility with Gamepad plugin.

I attached the project with the problem.

Thanks.

View attachment 45238
Thank you.

v1.8 - Compatibility with Yanfly's GamepadConfig

sundricat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it fine if I slightly modify the plugin so that the help window's size automatically adjusts for the screen resolution? The only modified part is the help lines.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it fine if I slightly modify the plugin so that the help window's size automatically adjusts for the screen resolution? The only modified part is the help lines.
Sure, any modification is fine as long as credit is given.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX, 2 questions/suggestions for this awesome plugin:

-Would it be possible to place custom-made options at the top of the options menu, or at least above the volume settings?

-During gameplay, pressing F4 toggles fullscreen. The problem with this is that it doesn't update the status of the setting in the options menu. (example: in the options menu, the game says Fullscreen: OFF. Player presses F4, but it continues to say Fullscreen: OFF in the options menu. Then, toggling the setting in the menu to turn it into Fullscreen: ON, results in the game returning to windowed mode.) Would this be possible to change?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DreamX, 2 questions/suggestions for this awesome plugin:

-Would it be possible to place custom-made options at the top of the options menu, or at least above the volume settings?

-During gameplay, pressing F4 toggles fullscreen. The problem with this is that it doesn't update the status of the setting in the options menu. (example: in the options menu, the game says Fullscreen: OFF. Player presses F4, but it continues to say Fullscreen: OFF in the options menu. Then, toggling the setting in the menu to turn it into Fullscreen: ON, results in the game returning to windowed mode.) Would this be possible to change?
v1.9:
-Fixed manual fullscreen changes not syncing with options window
-Made resolution changes compatible with latest version of  Yanfly Core Engine
-Added parameter "Default Options First" to have default options added after custom options rather than before

dragon3025

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having problems that I think is related to what zodiak030 was having problems with. I was testing this out in a new project with only YEP_CoreEngine and DreamX_Options.

If DreamX_Options is before YEP_CoreEngine, then all the option changes I made are kept when I close the program and reload it. including the fullscreen option, but the game will start in windowed mode even if fullscreen is on. If YEP_CoreEngine is placed before DreamX_Options, then all the option changes I made are gone when I close the program and reload it, except for fullscreen, and the game will be in fullscreen mode if I've changed it.

Here's a demo of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu7tulxhjrhvyoo/DreamX YEP Core Problem.zip?dl=0.

EDIT: It's having this problem without Yanfly's GamepadConfig plugin in it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I added this plugin, I'm getting an error before the title screen even appears:
Range Error. Maximum call stacks size exceeded.
There must be some sort of un-compatibility with one of the plugins I'm using, but I have no idea which one...

EDIT:
Well, I got it working by removing all references to "Fullscreen" from your plugin.
But I'm unable to get this plugin to remove the default options, and I also can't figure out why the Help Window doesn't appear.

In fact, the plugin appears to not change my Options from default at all. I don't get it.

Last edited:

phamtruong1992

Mage Art - Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I added this plugin, I'm getting an error before the title screen even appears:
Range Error. Maximum call stacks size exceeded.
There must be some sort of un-compatibility with one of the plugins I'm using, but I have no idea which one...

EDIT:
Well, I got it working by removing all references to "Fullscreen" from your plugin.
But I'm unable to get this plugin to remove the default options, and I also can't figure out why the Help Window doesn't appear.

In fact, the plugin appears to not change my Options from default at all. I don't get it.
I think it's caused due to this plugin hasn't been updated to be compatible with the newest version of MV.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Sadly, I can't get this to work. It keeps getting me error messages, even before the game can start.
Will this be updated for the newest MV version?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today's patch of Eternal Dreamers is for all the gamblers out there! https://bit.ly/327mu83
i deleted anime only family guy from now on
I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...
There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets out of bed'?
Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosephTucker