Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,

I know this an old plugin, but it still sooooo useful. Here it is : https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/random-item-prefixes-suffixes.57646/ That's a bit sad that DreamX is not on the forum anymore.

Anyway I still have a problem with it (actually a few).

The Augment system doesn't work anymore (at least on my project ?). It is not a problem cause I will not use it. But it has some feature that I wish to use with the DreamX plugin as a stand alone :

- Change Color : It would be really nice if Prefixes or suffixes could come with a color. For now, if the player win a Boring Sword or a Masterclass of Dragon Sword, he won't be able to see the difference except with the name. Is it possible ? Like add to Masterclass of Dragon Sword the color green ?

- The icon Overlay : This system should be great (and can deal with the change color problem). But the problem is, the overllay system delete the original Icon :
Let's say I have a classic Sword icon for basic Item.
Then I have a Prefixe that add +4 ATK with an icon (like a small star on top left of the 32X32 square).
Then I have a Suffixe that add Fire element with an icon ((like a small flame on botom left of the 32X32 square).

If I loot the Sword with those two prefixe and suffixe and use the OverlayIcon, I will have a weapon with only a star and a flame as an icon. The sword would be disapear even if the 2 icon are add together.

would it be possible to have :
Layer 1 : Weapon : Sword Icon
Layer 2 : Prefixe : Star Icon
layer 3 : Suffixe : Flame Icon

And to go a bit more far away. It would be very epic to replace the star with a Green square (for exemple).
So it could be :
Layer 1 : Prefixe: Green background
Layer 2 : Weapon: SwordIcon
layer 3 : Suffixe : Flame Icon

Anyways, thanks for ready and I wish you a great making !

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it work on a clean project though, but if you yanfly plugin with augments, than
something is changed that DreamX plugin doesn't work or work properly.

you can double check the code in the notetags, and see if you dont made any typo's
some where.

if everything is correct, than the plugin needs to be updated to let it work again nicely.
does it work for you in a clean project? (I use version 1.6.1)

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon

I just test it on a new project (1.6.2), I can confirm that the DreamX plugin doesn't work with the Yanfly Augment system. :/

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does it work with augment system turned OFF? if it does, yanfly might changed something,
that can be than corected in DreamX plugin for the change.

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon,

Sorry I was not clear enough. DreamX plugin works on what he create (his Own Prefix/suffix).
Code:
<Suffixes>
xy%
</ Suffixes>
<Prefixes>
xy%
</ Prefixes>
works fine.

The part that doesn't works is, I think, what you said : the connection between DreamX plugin and Yanfly Augment :
Code:
<Prefix Suffix Augments>
Glyph 17-19 50% 20-23 26 50%
</Prefix Suffix Augments>
As I can see, last DreamX updated was July 2016 (according to the last edit on first post and his last answer on the topic.
And the 1.5.0 Update for Yanfly Augments arrived summer 2017 (if I remember)

So my question was : Is it possible to fix it, or, to add some of the feature you can find in Yanfly plugin (like changing color) into the DreamX system.

Thanks for your answer :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
while im not that good in a JS yet, , I can try to see where the differents are, and see
where to fix it. but for me it can take time.

for experience js coders, they can find it much faster or re-code a section to make
it work again with yanfly augment.

but I need to see how it exacly work on those 2 plugins, which I can check later on
the day, but I give you low chance that I'm able to fix it.

So I hope other or have js experience on a more advance level to help you out,
because they know what to look for.

if there is no response by than, I try to find the issue and see if I can fix it,
but it take some time/days for me to figure it out.

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon

I also try to look into the DreamX JS, but my Coding level is around 0.

For me there where 3 possibilities where the incompatibility could arrive.

1 - When DreamX plugin read the possible Augments in the notepad
It start line 445 with the DataManager.processDXRPSNotetagsAugmentChoices

2 - When DreamX plugin Combine the differents Augment (I tried with one or two augments the resulats are the same)
It's happen lign 1243

3- When DreamX plugin "add" the Augments on the item.
it seems to happen line 1646 with DreamX.RandomPrefixSuffix.chooseAugments

But I don't know how function works on JS so It's difficult for me to understand what he has done.

Just for your information, I put the Augment in the Item list on MV as DreamX ask for.

Anyway thanks ! If you don't feel to get in it I will fine another way :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the simple work around if you really want a overlay is to create them yourself :)
but you can always ask DreamX him/herself because he/she made it.

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon
It seems that DreamX left the Forum for a few years now :s

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just checked, confused by DoubleX, but I hope someone can help you out,
I cant figure it out really while its looks good, but something is different
in YEP_Augment.... and DreamX prefix/suffix somewhere.

If noone respond, I try to ask in the lunatic server if someone can take a look,
and post it here for you unless someone fix the issue.

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon I' not sure if this helps at all, but I have been looking at the console concerning this issue and it looks as though the augment type is not being read properly when the array is built.

Attached is a screenshot of the console while inspecting the first weapon in my inventory. It has successful prefix/suffix arrays, but the attachable augment type is being read as "516-528" which is the range of the augments I am trying to attach. So, it looks like it's completely skipping over the part where it reads the string in the notetag that references the augment type...

Honestly I don't know much about javascript at this point but I'm hoping this might help us figure this out as this is a feature I am interested in using.

1589171656825.png

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still learning the javascript MV uses, and if there is something that skips the arrays
for some reason, than there need a tiny piece of code added or an addon to make it saver.

but I didn't modified other plugins yet, because everyone use their own structure.

for example:

a nameinput plugin to customize it can have more than 10 different ways, but each
structure used have the same purpose, but read differently.

this way, it can be more compitable or less than other plugin you use if it uses
the same function.

but edit/modify a plugin directly needs to use the same structure, or an addon
in your own way.

but iff arrays are skipped, than someone with more knowledge will be able to fix it
to add where it skips, because the image above says nothing to me personally.

but it can help indeed. but with more knowledge, they can read that out
of the code alone.

But I cant help on this one though, looks fine, but something is blocking or skipping
in reading it for yanfly augment plugin somewhere.

I hope someone is able to fix it (so I can save it too) as well for study the code after
fixing it ^^

Good luck on your project @xDRAGOONx

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Thanks, I'm going to keep trying as I am still learning javascript myself. I feel like this is a worthy challenge lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee
When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deli